Chanel Rouge Allure - #85 Coquette

Chanel Rouge Allure - #85 Coquette

4.4

I think I am not a rouge allure lady.. the shade is nice, a lively pink. However, the feel of this lipstick jsut doesn´t please me.. drying. I will stick to rouge cocos - much nicer on my lips!

My favourite lip colour of all time! Its a very natural colour on me and the pink shade actually brighten up my rather fair complexion even though I didn't put any cheek colour. I was so disappointed when I found out this colour has been discontinued but luckily I found the last two in Bloomingdale's on Broadway NYC after asking every Chanel counters in London and most of the counters in NYC. Now hopefully these 2 and a half lipsticks should last me for a while until Chanel gets something similar to this colour comes out!

on 11/14/2012 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Lighter nc15, asian
Nooooooo.... they redid the rouge allures and put out a whole new line of colors! This was my favorite lipstick of all time, and I'm ordering Nars niagara lipstick since I heard it was the closest dupe. Coquette is this beautiful rosy pink color that was not overly bright at all. :,-(

The color looks great on my skintone (around NC25/NC30 in mac) and it's definitely bright but not obnoxiously so. It's not completely opaque in one swipe but you can layer it until it is. Formula-wise, this is great - it's creamy and smooth and basically applies like butter and doesn't drag at your lips. However it isn't actively moisturizing, so I always use lip balm before I apply it. The short wear time (around 2 or 3 hours without eating) is the only complaint I have.

on 5/13/2012 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Oh, this colour is amazing! Perfect for warm weather, very casual, not over the top - a perfect balance between coral and pink that is warm and yet there is something like a blue iridescence (sounds bad but it looks gorgeous). It is such a complex colour - I can't believe I didn't buy it earlier! It is a RA so the packaging is perfect, the formula is smooth and it lasts a long time BUT compared to the other RA I own Prodigious or Lover the lasting time is not that long, probably due to the lighter colour and it also has a tendency to set in a weird way when my lips aren't in perfect shape so when it is completely wiped off I still have some bright spots in the inner corners as opposed to an even stain maybe because it is a lighter texture, not so creamy as my other ones (which is better for summer, if you ask me). And yet - it is still a pretty good moisturising lipstick that looks so gorgeous on both pale and especially darker skins. So my only advice is - make sure your lips are properly exfoliated :)

on 3/24/2012 6:40:00 PM

This should have been called Perfection!. For me to find a coral/pink warm yet not too warm color l/s thrills me. I love this. I love its sheerness because I love to reapply l/s...this lightens up every skin tone but not in a crazy, stupid, hey look at me, this is rather Palm Beach class in a tube...men love it and women will compliment you.

Love this lipstick. The packaging is beautiful and it feels amazing on my lips. At the same time, the color turns really bright on me. I agree with the other reviews--the color really is pretty, and it does light up the face, but on me at least, it's very coral (I was hoping the pink was more pronounced) and a little too much.

on 4/10/2011 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this - the glam packaging, the butter smoothe formula, the spectacular, ultra-flattering shade. I bought this untried, and thank goodness! I'm afraid I can never go back after trying this formula - I want all of them, but Coquette is simply stunning for spring! I'm so sad it's LE!

on 2/20/2011 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this pinky coral lipstick! It reminds me a lot an a very old and discontinued favorite: MAC Skew. This looks great on my NC20 skin and I love that I can pair with either a pink or coral toned blush. It also stays very well and almost stains the lips. The packaging is decadent and I feel glamorous applying it. It is the perfect spring color and I will be carrying this around in my "everyday" cosmetic pouch. Another winner from Chanel.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This pulled a bluish birght pink on me which clashed with my NC20 skintone (Chanel TI #10 Albatre or VA BR10 or B20). I prefer a more subdued pink so I passed on this one.

Popular Lipsticks