Clarins Rouge Prodige - Rosewood 109

No Image

4.8

on 10/19/2017 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This stuff is expensive but amazing! I am a lipstick lover but also experience dry lips. I really like a matte lip, but often they are too drying to be comfortable. I stumbled upon this and decided to try it out. It has a nice package, which feels luxury. What really is amazing about this is the formula: a soft, gel-like substance which gives a very smooth and very soft feeling on the lips. It's almost as if there are silicones in this, because it feels like that silicony primers on your face. Some people hate that, but I love that soft, smooth feeling. The color is also amazing; a 'my lips but better'-tone. It's not long wearing and not very pigmented, but I don't mind, because it feels like a lip balm but with a nice sheer color, easy to apply on the go when you don't have a mirror. The consistency is really unique, so I am looking for lipsticks with similar formula.
Cons: Unfortunately, the rouge prodige line is discontinued in Europe I believe, and the joli rouge line is just not the same. And I wish there was more in the bullet, you don't get a lot of product for your money.

on 6/9/2011 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

do you want mlbb colour? do you want a gel type finish with some shine? wearability?

this is it!! the colour that I can use everyday, any day or night and it gives me plump lips with some incredible low wattage gloss and the perfect mlbb colour.. it's almost like wearing the inside of your lips outside..lol.

love this colour and texture -- it lasts longer than Chanel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Rouge Prodige is described by Clarins as being a long-wearing lipstick. It's unlike any other long-wearing lipstick I've tried - it's not drying at all (in fact I find it quite moisturising), and it has a definite sheen to it, instead of having a matte finish, as you would expect most long-wear lipsticks to have. It goes on quite sheer, and I need to apply two or three coats to get the coverage I want. To tell the truth, it's not as long-lasting as Clarins probably want you to believe (without a lipliner, the colour fades after three or four hours, however it leaves behind an even imprint of colour), but it's still a pretty damn good lipstick. Rosewood is a brown-based light-to-medium-toned pink, which I would imagine would suit quite a lot of people. I have quite a tricky skin tone and can only wear neutral shades, which I would say this definitely is. The colour goes on lighter than it appears in the bullet. For me, it's a perfect MLBB shade - the colour is perfect for me. I will buy this again, but I would prefer the finish to be more matte, and for the coverage to be thicker. Finally, the packaging is gorgeous, and I love lipsticks that come in thin tubes - they look more elegant and are easier to apply than traditional-shaped lipsticks.

EDIT: I can only really wear this when my lips are in perfect condition and are well moisturised with a glossy balm, otherwise the lipstick emphasises any flaky skin that is there.

FURTHER EDIT: I'm reluctantly taking my score down to 3. I just find the formula very dry, and sometimes it even leaves a white ring around my mouth. I just bought a Clarin's Joli Rouge lipstick, and I much prefer that formula, as it is creamy and moisturising.

ANOTHER EDIT April 2012 : I've found that this works the best for me without a lip liner. It seems to last longer then. My lips are also in very good condition these days so they suit the lipstick more. I actually don't prefer the Joli Rouge formula anymore to this, as that does not last long at all. I'm taking my score up to 4 again.

on 2/22/2011 3:03:00 PM

Creamy, creamy, creamy AND long wearing. It is everything Clarins claims it to be. I have very pale, small lips and light/medium toned skin and Rosewood is the perfect nude for me. It's natural looking without washing me out. I like the packaging too. The case is elegant and sturdy and I like the the bullet is thinner than a traditional lipstick. I now would like to try other colors in this line. I will definitely repurchase.