The Body Shop Wise Woman Softening Toner

The Body Shop Wise Woman Softening Toner

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Glycerin (Humectant), Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel Distillate) (Astringent), PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Surfactant), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Lactobacillus/Clover Flower Ferment Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Glycine soja (Soybean Oil) (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Borago officinalis (Borage Oil) (Fragrance/Essential Oil), Oleyl Alcohol (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Dioscorea villosa (Skin Conditioning Agent), Anthemis nobilis (Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract) (Natural Additive), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Antioxidant), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative).

on 10/24/2013 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I guess this Is discontinued? ;( I got mine at Marshall's so if you come across it buy it. Really soothing, fresh and cool feeling on skin. I am oily and don't use moisturizer but every once in a while this is perfect for extra hydration.

on 1/16/2011 5:47:00 PM

Label Reads: "Rebalances, refreshes, refines pores without overdrying skin.

I can vouch for this! I'm really loving all the Wise Women products I've tried. I've been a fan of the Eye Cream and Night Cream and Hand Cream, so I tried their travel kit with Day and Night Cream, Luxury Cleanser and Softening Toner.

After I used the Cream Cleanser (see review on this) I apply the toner and then take it off with either cotton pad, or damp cloth. It perfectly primes my skin for moisturizer and removes all traces of cleanser. I'm not big on using a toner all the time. I always feel the cleanser should do it all, but this toner just adds so much the Wise Woman regime. I LOVE how my skin looks and feels. They are discontinuing the Toner, so I just bought a full sized one for $10 online.

I know people have pointed out the 'bad' ingredients in the Wise Woman products, but for whatever it's worth these products still feel very natural and healing to my skin, as opposed to the Avon products I've been using which always feel like I'm putting a load of chemicals on my skin! And my skin has been showing me it doesn't like it. I used to make my own skin care products and the WW products feel as gentle and 'good for me' as my own products!

I'm not sure what all the fuss about parabens are - please do your research and make an informed decision on what these are.

I'm going to Egypt in a few weeks and I know I'll be bringing my WW products with me to combat the effects of a dry, dusty, hot climate.

"Darren Praznik, president of the Canadian Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association (the leading trade association for personal care products in Canada), says the organization is very sensitive to consumer concerns, but that the ingredients used in products are strictly regulated and monitored by Health Canada. We are satisfied that the regulation process is robust, science-based and protects the consumer.

Some manufacturers have gone on the record about their long-term plans to find paraben replacements. Jamieson Laboratories, a Canadian firm that makes vitamins, supplements and skin creams, notes that while there is no firm evidence that parabens pose a health risk, it now has five paraben-free products and is working to remove parabens from more of its products, predominantly to satisfy growing consumer demand. We have not set a specific deadline, but are working aggressively to eliminate parabens in our products, says Gary Leong, vice-president of scientific and technical affairs for Jamieson. He notes that until effective alternatives are found, more consumers might actually be harmed by microorganisms growing in their products than by the theoretical paraben threat."