Oribe Shampoo for Magnificent Volume

No Image

3.3

on 2/19/2016 7:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I have colorproof crazy smooth and i love this brand hair is calmed down and super shiny.. U only need a tiny bit its super consintrated .. I use a stronger shampoo before to get rid of oil build up and then i use this shampoo and conditioner

I have been using the magnificent volume line for 2 years, not because it volumizes hair as it claims. You see, I have fine strands but shiny, healthy hair. Okay, it does provide some volume, only if I blow dry my hair. So why do I buy this $$$uper expensive shampoo?

The scent. The scent is so elegant and intoxicating. Or the past scent. I just bought a new one. I compared it to the remaining old bottle and it smelled different. I am so upset that they changed the scent! I only buy this because of the scent!

So, I am breaking up with Oribe Magnificent Volume. Not recommending. At. All.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

REVIEW FOR CONDITIONER
- Made my thin hair seem thinner. My recommendation for volume conditioner for thin hair is Label M, the red bottle (thickening & volume conditioner)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Meh... Ridiculously expensive and just so so... If you want an INCREDIBLE, and I mean LIFE CHANGING volumizing shampoo/conditioner try Colorproof's volumizing line... I got a sample of this luckily because it would have been a HUGE waste of money

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was looking forward to trying Oribe's volume line for years. I finally broke down and purchased his volume shampoo and conditioner, both very unimpressive and very very disappointing. The conditioner literally left my hair in a huge knot and had no detangling properties at all. If you have hair that easily tangles, like mine (wavy/baby fine), avoid this. I had to use my $3 bottle of Pantene conditioner to help get the tangles out. I typically don't mind paying $$$ for good products, but when I have to use a cheap d/s conditioner to help, then that's an issue. These also left my hair feeling very dry as well. Thankfully I purchased at a retailer that accepts returns. I don't get the great reviews and that was another reason for my purchase. Oh well. On to the next...

on 7/4/2013 9:09:00 AM

Love this shampoo! I was very leary that any shampoo could give me volume...but this one did! It smells great too! Leave it on for a few minutes then rinse then volume! I use it with the spray Maximista and the results are just amazing! I don't have to wash my hair for a few days so I convinced myself that it is cost effective since the price is outragous. I also got some samples of Shampoo for color treated hair and this is great as well. I love Oribe products and justify the price when I think of all the $ I have spent looking for the ideal hair products. When you buy the best..alas..the search is over! Try these products. You won't be disappointed! I plan to repurchase when product is done but that will be a long time since you need so little to get a great lather. Final thought...THIS IS THE BEST HAIR PRODUCTS $ CAN BUY! My search is finally over.

on 6/11/2013 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My first review! I've used this site for several years and it's so helpful! I hope I contribute in a manner that helps.
I purchased Oribe Volumizing Shampoo and Volumizing Conditioner AFTER my long time colorist recommended it twice.
The only bad complaint I have is the cost! Wow! $37 for just the shampoo. I justified this cost because I hadn't been to the salon in 6 months. Not my usual schedule of 10-12 weeks for partial highlights, low lights and under panel solid medium brown. Long hair (past the middle of my back) with a few long layers.
The shampoo is clear and lathers well. When I rinse it out I can feel a thickness to my wet hair down to the ends. My scalp felt clean, too. I wash my hair every 3rd day, unless I'm going out then, more frequently.
The scent is the most striking factor followed by the volume then, nice clean hair. It lingers a very long time and is really nice! Not ok if I'm wearing a fragrance, too.
I had no bad reactions to my scalp. Really, it's lovely.
The cost is simply too much. I justify it by the care and length of my hair. Also, I try to use as little of the product as I can.
I read an online description that claims this product will help color last longer. So far, my color still looks good at 6 weeks.

on 4/22/2013 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have a lot of hair, thick hair, and I get quite a bit of volume naturally... But of course, I am a female, and I want MORE! I buy Oribe products from my salon, I love mixing and matching their shampoos/conditioners, but usually come back to the Volume shampoo with Brilliance and Shine conditioner. This shampoo adds volume, smells great, is very concentrated so don't use too much. I have also found that I can wait a couple, sometimes three days between washes because it does not go flat, great volume the next day too! I love their bottles, not that it really matters, but the packaging is beautiful.

on 5/3/2012 10:37:00 AM

I have been using the Oribe Shampoo for Magnificent Volume for about four months. I can say with confidence that this product does as it advertises: it adds volume to fine hair. The fragrance is really nice. I agree with a previous poster that it is best to wash your hair every day when using this shampoo... but this is something I do anyway.

I love this product as well as the matching conditioner.It does what was promised on the package. The smell is really nice, it reminds me Creed Acqua Fiorentina perfume.

Update: I would not repurchase this product, as I think there are plenty alternatives on the market, which deliver the same result (or sometimes even better) for the lower price.

Popular Shampoos