Bonne Bell Lip Smacker Dr. Pepper

No Image

4.3

I used to like Lip Smackers when Bonne Bell owned the company before Markwins took over and bought it. Back then, Lip Smacker and Bonne Bell catered to us collectors (we buy thousands of lip balms a year. I used to buy like twenty thousand lip balms). They would create new flavors just for us collectors, and they didn't need Disney products to carry the brand like nowadays.

In 2015, Markwins bought Lip Smackers and Bonne Bell. I was so worried about if the quality would be good like with Bonne Bell, and I was right that the quality would turn bad. Markwins keeps putting out the same flavors in different packaging for all the seasonal years. They started to make LS and BB products in China when they've been made in the USA since the beginning. Us collectors complain all the time to Markwins, but I don't understand why they don't cater to us. I don't understand why they can't create new flavors for us collectors to buy. Lazy, lazy, lazy!

I wish Markwins were more grateful for the dedicated fans they acquired when they bought LS from the Bells. Seriously, the world doesn’t revolve around Disney branding.

I mean, come on, we spend our entire salary every year buying over thousands of LS products unlike the other lowly customers who only purchase LS products like, maybe once a year.Markwins sticks to about 8-10 flavors and renames them 20x’s. *Eye rolls* With all the money they’re making from the Tsum Tsums WHY aren’t they spending it on R&D for new and AUTHENTIC flavors!?! I like, wrote in on Facebook about my thoughts and someone had the nerve to say to my post that Markwins won't cater to us because we're not the general public. We're a niche brand and a small niche. The person had the nerve to say that since Markwins is a big company, they have no time to target small niches like us. The person also said we're in the 1% and no company is interested in us because we're that low.

I'm like, excuse me????!!! Us collectors are so not niches at all. We helped build up the company to how great and powerful it is for today. If it weren't for us collectors, this company wouldn't have lasted as long as it did. Now, Markwins is ruining everything that Bonne Bell stood for. Also, that person said since another company took out, the management would manage BB and LS differently than Bonne Bell did because of the switch of companies.

Even if we’re the 1%, we spend 10X as much as the regular consumer, who doesn’t buy every new Party Pack coming out, or collection-most of us do! So our opinion does matter. How hard is it to do a few brand new flavors a year and some really good originals collections? I literally avoid any Disney branded Smacker now. I will buy any but that just to spite it.

Emily Huang is now head of all Bonne Bell/Lip Smackers brands at Markwins. Clearly, she’s sleeping at the wheel because they haven’t done anything with the BB brand and clearly nothing new with Lip Smacker. Bill George is her boss. Both need to leave cosmetics immediately

That is so, so wrong! They should manage LS and BB the same because we're the companies bread and butter.

UGH! I'm so over Markwins. Anyone with me?

This is my favorite chapstick. It provides a beautiful hint of color on the lips and a glossy texture. It's cheap and a great lip balm to keep in your purse. It looks more natural than lipstick and you can apply it without a mirror. A classic flavor and scent. What more do you want from a chapstick?

on 5/18/2016 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am 40, and this product came out the year I was born. I still use it. It does have a little bit of nostalgia for me, yes, but what I actually like about this product is that it is a moisturizing balm, but it also has a hint of color. So many tinted balms are almost as pigmented as lipsticks, or aren't moisturizing. This has enough of a reddish-berry tint that I can apply this without a mirror, and still feel confident that I have *something* on my lips. If I'm going to an outdoor event where I don't want to lug a purse, but want a lip product - I carry this. It eliminates the need for 2 separate products (balm and a color), and again, I don't need a mirror. The fragrance/flavor is not as strong as I remember it being in my adolescent days, but it's still very vaguely reminiscent of my favorite soda. It is a thinner, slick balm and not waxy like Chapstick. I like this product, and I would repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love my Dr. Pepper lip balm. I have one in my car, one in my BF's truck, one at work...it is my go to balm. It gives a hint of color and a whiff of Dr. Pepper. It is smooth and slick. It doesn't last long, but I don't care I will just reapply. I also use it to tone down lipsticks that are too orange. If I apply the orange lipstick and then this balm I get a pretty coral color instead. I hope they never discontinue this balm.

on 10/26/2011 1:16:00 AM

My husband just kissed my Dr. Pepper lips goodnight and said, "Mmm!" Haa, enough said! The scent is delicious and very much like the real thing. Moisturizing with a hint of berry red color.

on 2/24/2011 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This balm is very moisturizing and I love the colour. It leaves a slight red tint that is very natural. Having tried a series of potted lip balms and moisturizing lip glosses with angled applicators that I would apply with my fingertips, it was nice to go back to the standard lip balm in a tube which felt much more sanitary.

Even though I tire of scents quickly, I haven't gotten sick of this one yet. I am going to try other scents before coming back to this one (next one will be vanilla or Coca-Cola), but this is definitely worthy of a repeat purchase.

on 2/13/2011 10:55:00 PM

PROS: It's moisturizing and it gives your lips a light tint.

CONS: It doesn't SMELL or TASTE like Dr.Pepper and that's the only reason I bought it in the first place!

on 1/16/2011 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

For an inexpensive chapstick, this is a wonderful product which is fun to use! It comes in a red tube and the product itself is red, but is clear on the lips. It smells like Dr. Pepper and like red Starburst candies. Almost good enough to eat. It moisturizes better than most chapsticks and always glides on smoothly, never tugging at the lips. It makes my lips feel smoother and less waxy than Chapstick brand chapstick. I do find that I still need to reapply it, as the smooth formula wears off quickly.

Top Rated Lip Treatments