MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick - Yash

MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick - Yash
Matte Lipstick - Yash

4.4

on 2/19/2019 11:22:00 AM

MAC Yash is a light brown neutral with slight peach tones and comes in a matte finish. This color is really the perfect nude, it is one of those colors I can just swipe on if I don't know what to wear. It suits my fair skin well and works as a great MLBB! The price is around 20ish €, a typical price for a high end lipstick and something I don't mind paying for. Staying power is decent and it also has very minimal transfer.

As much as I love the color and just love wearing it in general, Yash is very matte and a bit too drying for my own personal taste. It is easy to apply and does not drag, but I must say I prefer creamier more comfortable mattes (for example Urban Decay's comfort mattes). This is the only reason I wont be repurchasing Yash once I run out. :/ Despite being very matte, it does not surprisingly dry out my lips nor emphasize any lip lines and such.

Such a gorgeous colour. It does a little more for me than Myth, which I find only looks good with some kind of pigmented pink or purple gloss over it. Yash, on the other hand, looks great even on its own, especially when you fill in your lips with a neutral lip liner first. It also looks nice with a pale pink gloss over it (I like MAC Cremesheen in Boy Bait).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This shade absolutely doesn't work on me at all. I got it at the recommendation of an employee at the Mac counter, who told me what a popular nude it is. It looks so pretty in the tube, but when I put it on it has no other tone than brown. In some lights it looks like a light beige, and looks ok on me but not great. In other lighting, it looks completely flat brown and downright awful on me. I've tried using it with pink liner and pink gloss, and even that doesn't help with the muddy look. I'm sure this shade is gorgeous on others, but if you're like me and lipsticks tend to pull more brown/muddy on you, I wouldn't recommend Yash.

on 4/1/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Literally in LOVE with this color. Perfect nude I have legit purchased this 3 times I love it so much. I line this lippie with Mac lip liner in chestnut gives a nice subtle ombré lip very flattering on any skin tones esp brown skin ladies. My go to lip color !!!

on 2/17/2016 10:50:00 PM

This is a good nude it doesn't look all crazy like a lot of the others and it's good for nc40

on 9/28/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Prettiest nude ever! Pretty good staying power and not drying, love it!

on 9/28/2015 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my favorite lipstick ever, bar none. I'm definitely a nude lip type of girl, but since I have tan
skin and pigmented lips most nudes wash me out. Not Yash. On me it's a neutral with a hint of pink, and with a little lipliner my lips look so full. I've already repurchased! Highly recommended for those with yellow undertones- I'm an NC40 for reference.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I'm super pale, with NW10 as my foundation, and I love this lipstick as a nude. Stays on for a long time, only reapplied after eating a sandwich. Doesn't feel too drying, which is great for a matte lipstick.

on 8/7/2015 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

To me, a NC 30, this is not a nude but more of a warm light brown shade. Looks very similar to Kylie Jenners signature lip color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

For reference am an Nc44 and this is my perfect nude lipstick. Am so hooked!