Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - I'm Getting Sunburned

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/11/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

As I've stated in other reviews for these trios - great little palettes with great color payoff. You do have to like shimmer with some of these - and some do come off metallic.Worn with an eyelid primer, these suckers POP. I bought this color because I love every single color in the trio and would like to wear each on my lid with a neutral crease color. Most of these trios I do not apply them per where instructed, but go with where I'd like them to go. The gold is beautiful and with a tan - I think this palette would be amazing in the summer and even fall. They are powdery, so if using a brush, I do tap off excess, or with the darker colors, I just apply with my fingertip to my outer v and it works so that I can control the color on my hooded eyelids.

on 12/4/2016 10:23:00 PM

I'm obsessed with these WnW trios..especially for the price. I feel like buying all of them, with back ups. Anyhow, I almost didn't purchase this one, because the gold lid color scared me a bit. I was buying a back up of Walking on Eggshells, they were on sale, and I was debating on either trying this one or Sweet as Candy-but that one looked so similar to Walking on Eggshells that I chose this one just for kicks. It's actually surprisingly wearable...the lid shade anyway. It looks like a dark, antique gold shade but applies more like a copper on the lids. Orangey, coppery, suntans, summery. Out of season but who cares. Important note-VERY shimmery...you have to love shimmer to even attempt wearing this. It's so shimmery it almost makes my lids look wet. But I love it. Actually it reminds me of my Body Shop shimmer cubes, except this may be more pigmented, and softer, and possibly more shimmery. That being said I actually find it to be pretty subtle, and I like this for an every day shadow. I love the brow bone shade...but I find it accentuates the texture of my skin too much-highlights dryness, creases, whatever...but that's only if you're inspecting really closely with your nose pressed up against a mirror like a freak. Or possibly my skins just dry-who knows. I love the pink as a lid shade in theory-it's beautiful-but it's the kind of pink that makes me look sick or tired or albino. The crease shade I don't bother with. But for $2 for the one "gold" eyelid shade (which is not actually gold in my opinion, but an orangey copper which eventually fades on my lids so that it looks like a rose gold with shimmer) it's worth it. Quality is excellent for the price. I hit pan on these palettes really quickly though...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It's a dirty little secret of the beauty world, that most of Wet n'Wild's eyeshadows rival if not surpass high-end makeup. Shhh!!! We must not speak of such things, that a $2 trio of eyeshadows is more pigmented and creamy than any number of $40 palettes out there.

In all seriousness, anyone who's been around the makeup block, so to speak, is privy to the shimmery glory that is WnW eyeshadow. I don't own all their palettes, but I can state that their single eyeshadows and ESPECIALLY these trios, are un-freaking-believable.

I'm Getting Sunburned (I said the eyeshadows were gorgeous, I didn't say their names made any sense) is maybe my favorite although Walking on Eggshells is up there. I don't know. Without pointing out favorites, they are all fabulous. This palette has a medium neutral pink shimmer (stunning Barbie pink), a rich medium GOLD (not pale champagne gold- orangey antique bronzey gold), and of course your everyday smoky eye necessity- a deep warm chocolate brown with a hint of rusty reddish shimmer.

These are ALL pigmented; this isn't one of those hit-and-missers where the dark shade is decent but the light one is chalky. No patchiness here! You get the full enchilada, and these three colors actually look incredible together.

The longevity is also around what you'd expect from a high-end product, these don't get creasy or leave a bunch of shimmer while the pigment evaporates. The packaging is "meh" but WHO CARES.. for a $2 product, this is like, the best complaint you could hope to have. It doesn't open up in my bag so that's no biggie.

Did I mention this is awesome?

Not sure if wet n wild changed the formula on this one but glittery fall out city. I wasn't happy with this trio. Walking on eggshells is still my favorite.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this palette so much!!! All of the shades in here are smooth and pigmented. My favorite colors are the two on the bottom. The dark reddish copper and the gold shade. I use the gold shade wet and it shows up as a true gold with an orangey tone. It is supposed to be a dupe for Macs amber lights. The copper shade is very similar to Nars galapagos single shadow. I definitely reccomend this pallete for those into smoky eye looks as this palette delivers just that. They last all day over primer and I have no problems with creasing. The only thing bad about this pallete is that they can have a bit of fallout so I reccomend using these color shadows before doing foundation and face makeup.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am mixed on this product, but I'm in the minority. The quality is there, for sure- the colours are very buttery, with a tiny bit of fall-out. Lasting power is pretty good. The pigmentation is strong. I usually stick to the dummy-proof palettes like Sweet as Candy and Walking on Eggshells, so obviously this one is A LOT bolder.

The main drawback for me is: the brown shadow is quite hard to work with- it is so, so, so pigmented it is ridiculous, and I'm not huge on the pink as the browbone colour. The pink I simply replace, usually using the highlight from Walking on Eggshells, but the brown is difficult for me haha. Mind you, I always use the little applicators that come with these kits, but honestly. It looks like a deep shimmery brown, but with just a dab of the brush it goes on nearly black- so use a light hand! A lot of blending is required, but even after it was just too dark for me (Paper makes me look tan, ladies). I can see a lot of people loving how dark and pigmented that shadow is, but for me it was just a hot mess. Maybe I just need to toy with it some more.

The gold shade is beautiful! I love it. It's why I bought this palette. I usually use it all over my lid, then add the crease and highlight colour from Walking on Eggshells. I then add another darker colour to my outer crease from Comfort Zone (these are all WnW palettes).

Overall, I think this is a great palette just not a flattering one for my skintone, but can I blame the product for that? No. Overall I'd give it a 4/5. I don't reach for it too often over my other palettes because I feel I need to practice more with application, but I would still rebuy it for that gold- it's worth the $3.

on 11/30/2014 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm Getting Sunburned is a trio of matched shadows from the ColorIcon line. These are part of the core line and easily available at several retailers. The colors look really dark and smoldery in the case, but actually are quite a bit more wearable that I expected. I am fair skinned so I was sure this would be only useful for a vampy smokey eye, but I was sooo wrong! I used this as a daytime look and it turned out well. There are 3 lovely satiny soft shadows in this kit, a medium pink salmon shade, a rich chocolate brown filled with the most gorgeous golden shimmer and a bronzey dark golden shade. These are all imprinted with the words "browbone", "crease" and "eyelid" as suggestions for use. Use them however you want though as those are only a starting point and suggested use. I used these over NYX eye base in white, but any primer will do. These are very soft and well pigmented so a little goes quite a way. (Not quite as well as Urban Decay but you aren't paying $18 per shadow either!) They blend very well and are all warm shades on. The darkest shade, a deep chocolate, is very soft and richly pigmented and prone to major fallout so be easy with the brush on this one or you'll be doing cleanup after. I didn't use the sponges included and use my own set of eye brushes with this. I used the pink shade all over as a lid shade and as a transition shade from crease to browbone. The golden shadow I used in the crease and then placed the dark brown to line my upper lash line and smudged it out some. What was left on the smudge brush I smudged on the outer edge of the lower lashline too. I used the golden shade to line the lower lashline and a dab of the pink on the inner corner. This is a really pretty eye look and with a light hand and good blending it does make a nice daytime look as well. I can easily amp this look up for an evening by smoking this eye out. This is a great little trio and for less than $3! I actually picked this up on sale when it was buy one get one for half off so it was less than $2 for this little gem. Don't look at the cost and think "cheap product" as this is worth so much more. This looks as good ands lasts as long on me as my Urban Decay and Too Faced products so don't overlook this little drugstore bargain. They are softer and a wee bit less pigmented so you will reach pan sooner, but at this low cost you can easily replace this one over and over and over and it will still cost less than a single UD shadow and at the grocery/drugstore too! A bargain that works and is readily available for a couple of bucks? SCORE!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First time using a Wet N Wild product and I absolutely love it! Great price and great pigment! I'm in love! Hopefully the other colors pallets I got turn out this good!

Oh my goodness, this eyeshadow trio is great! They are highly pigmented colors and I use them sooo much. :) A little goes a long way with this eyeshadow. The price is very cheap and the packaging is simple and nice. Go buy it!!! :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Didn't like it at all on my eyes