Revlon Colorburst - Pink Sugar

Revlon Colorburst - Pink Sugar

2.6

I usually LOVE the Revlon lipsticks, they're my favorite! This one was awful... I was looking for that perfect nude pink color and ended up with chunky glitter in a tube instead. There is zero color pay off. It's completely sheer with very chunky glitters. This is an awful lipstick... I do love the packaging though but that isn't enough to make it a good product. Over all, terrible.

on 8/9/2013 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for a nice nude lipstick, but instead found basically glitter in a tube for my lips. Glitter that irritates my lips after extended wear.

To Read all 48 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/30/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

The reviews are true. This is a sticky, icky glitter bomb with NO color payoff.

I give the price a 2 because I was lucky enough to pick this up on sale for about 3 bucks.

I give this lipstick 3 lippies, since I like the color and the texture of it, I just wish it were a little more opaque.

Works great to nude out lips though. I usually wear it under NYX "beige" (even though it looks pink) lip gloss.

Pretty good.

This looks disgusting. So much glitter, which get covered my the creamy color and formula, and looks horrible.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

at 21, i finally decided i should get something that could give me a nude lip. a nude lip that i liked completely, in 1 step. i tried all the popular drugstore recommendations. soft nude, nude delight, fairest nude, there was really too many. they looked nasty and orange on me, so i would try the nearest ivory lipgloss on top. nothing made it look good. and i broke my 1 step rule anyway. by the way, i am asian and white, a light yellow girl, i understand nudes are based on skintone. i got pink sugar for free. i honestly almost didn't get it. the peach-pink top of the case made me think it was just gonna be another pink. aside from revlon's black cherry, it was the last lipstick i tried on while i was at home. i started putting it on and had one of those crappy-funny moments with myself when i saw the sparkle. you gotta be kidding me, i said to myself. i put it on though until i was content. i realized the light lip had brought out my eyes. in the early morning hours i had applied a very white-ivory-pink color to my lid, then a dusty brown-grey on my crease and higher up until i had to stop and put that same white color under my brow bone. before i bought pink sugar, i had returned that case with those two colors because i didn't think they were worth it. the white lid color had some shimmer in it. i swiped pink sugar two times on each eyelid and it actually looked really pretty. i finally realized that i was going with all these orangey-browny nudes and what i personally needed to pull off a nude lip was a peachy-pink-based nude. i'm glad my search for a nude lip color is over. maybe if i get sick of the shimmer i'll look for one without it, but for now, i'm looking foward to going out with a new look for once. it was always, almost-black lip, or natural lip, and that gets very boring. on the formula itself, i find it of good quality--very nice. revlon colorburst seems to have a good rapport with everyone. there's even a consensus that revlon makes the best drugstore lipsticks period. i would have to agree, since practically all my lipsticks are from some revlon line. try pink sugar if you truely wouldn't mind shimmer on a nude lip, and/or if you're looking for a good nude lip color! ^-^y

Living in Australia I have to be very satisfied with a product to purchase it, as majority of the drugstore lipsticks are $15 - $30.
I didn't read any reviews before I purchased this item, instead I found myself just coming across it in my local Kmart.
I swatched the lipstick to discover that it's a very sheer pink, which would be perfect to wear with a more dramatic eye, or perhaps built up with itself or other lipsticks for a more intense effect.
Pink Sugar has beautiful packaging, which goes hand in hand with the beautiful shimmery lipstick.
I know not not many people like this lipstick, but I do. It's so universal, there's tons of ways/looks in which this can be used, which means it definitely won't be wasted.
This particular lipstick can be applied when you're on the go, with out a mirror and just need to slap a little something on.
I'll be repurchasing this again for sure, I believe it's a very under-appreciated product.

on 6/3/2012 5:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Contrary to the general consensus, I actually like this lipstick. It is very sheer and glittery and I use it when I do a smokey eyes and want light/nude lips. Since nude looks like death on me (I'm pale) with un-pigmented lips. This works perfectly for that purpose. However, I only use it for that look and I use it kind if like a gloss. That being said I prefer other colors in the colorburst line and would probably not repurchase this particular color.

Once again, I should have checked the reviews here. A very pale icy pinks with big pieces of glitter. Not a good look. Probably going to return.

on 3/24/2012 8:19:00 PM

Stupidest lipstick on the entire planet. Once again, Revlon produces a piece of sh*t.

Popular Lipsticks