Avon Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex

Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Sd Alcohol 40-b, Butylene Glycol, Parfum/fragrance, Triethanolamine, 2-methylpropanal, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Diamond Powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Avon Strong Results Complex is a nail treatment that promises to harden, repair, and promote nail growth. This is a product Iíve used on and off for atleast 6 years. Itís available from Avon for $6 or 7, but I usually pick several up when theyíre on sale for $2.99. Avon advises applying this product twice a day for fourteen days to achieve maximum results, however I use this as part of my daily routine. I apply two coats of this treatment, three times a day, as well as before painting nails, and after removing polish or trimming nails. This is excellent at hardening nails. I almost never have a break, though I do still have a small amount of peeling on my thumb nails. Iím not sure if this actually causes nails to grow as much as makes nails less prone to breakage. As for removing staining it works for small patches of discoloration but doesnt do much for major staining.
It has a slightly oily consistency and sits atop nails for about 20 seconds before sinking in. I donít find that this hs an offensive, nail polish-y smell, but a slightly sweet, chemically smell.
I recommend this for a daily nail treatment of if youíre looking for a nail hardener that provides a bit of length.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I've only started using this product since yesterday so i dont really know how well it'll work however, i will update every few days.

the first day, there was no real improvement, of course.
the second day, there was still no real improvement. they all still seem very fragie and prone to breaking and splitting.

on 3/20/2009 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

day 2 of using this product, will use 2x/day for a week and will update on the outcome. I have not ever had nail tips/fake nails - my nails are a mess, because i wash my hands and wear vinyl gloves for work,nails are peeling/splittling constantly. there was a product by loreal call 10 day stronger nails, it was cheap and it worked, but sadly is no longer available. since then i have used everything: all of the sally hensen treatemnt, nail envy by opi, china glaze, revlon calcium nail treatment, nail tec, orly nail treatment, pretty much any nail treatment one can buy at rite aid or ulta, as appearex, and hair/nail vitamins. I even went to whole foods and used their "organic" nail polish treatment. despite all of this the peeling, breaking, splitting continues.

as mentioned in prior in post this is more like a nail oil than polish, the smell in the bottle is strong, but it dries non-sticky and odorlfree. More to come in a few days

UPDATE: It has been 4 days since I started, happy to report no new peeling, the white tips of my nails look brighter to

on 12/9/2008 2:47:00 PM

This stuff is absolutely fabulous. After years of wearing acrylic nails I gave them up but am still suffering the consequences. At times my nails are very soft and break easily, other times they are dry and brittle. This is the only formula I have tried where I have seen a noticeable (and quick) improvement in the condition and length of my nails. I have tried several Sally Hansen products as well as OPI's Nail Envy and both were disappointing. In just a week my nails were stronger, longer and healthier looking. The price can't be beat. A must have!

on 1/21/2008 3:36:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff. I have tried EVERYTHING out there for thin, weak, peeling nails and nothing has worked except for this stuff. I thought it was going to be like an enamel but it's not. It's a liquid that absorbs into your nail. I am STUNNED at how hard my nails are. I cant stress enough how thin my nails use to be.

I recently had acrylics on & so the bottom half of my nails are SUPER thin from the acrylics & even that part of my nail bed are super hard now. I cant wait till my nails are completely grown out & the thrashed part from the acrylics is completely gone.

I couldnt be happier and recommend anyone to try this. Just try it.

on 8/27/2007 5:24:00 AM

I have very soft nails that grow slowly, bend easily and split from the side. I've tried a few strengtheners but don't like the polish type ones as I don't generally wear polish on my finger nails (tendency to chew it off!!). anway I decided to give this a go from the reviews here and got some. Avon website was doing B1G1F but is generally around £4 anyway [for 12mls]. I got 2 bottles from ebay for £1.
painted my nails twice daily for a week and so far my nails definitely feel a lot stronger, they don't bend as easily. the instructions say to paint daily for 7 days but am not sure when you can restart! you can't use polish when applying it but that's fine for me.
it applies easily, although the brush is too small, and dries quickly. I like the fact you don't have to spend ages rubbing it in and it leaves no residue. I don't particularly like the smell but it doesn't linger and there don't appear to be too many nasties in the formula. it does leave nails a little dry but I usually follow up with some cuticle oil.
Ingredients are aqua, alcohol denat, butylene glycol, parfum, triethanolamine, isobutyral, citric acid, tartaric acid, xanthum gum, panthenol, hyaluronic acid, hydrolyzed soy protein , diamond powder, ehyl- methyl and propyl- parabens.
bottle will last ages and at the cheap price is worth a try. will update in a few weeks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My nails tend to chip and peel constantly, especially when I clip them. I used this once or twice a day for 10 days, and at first it looked like it was healing, but then I cut my nails again, and it peeled even more than before. It's a good concept, having the treatment absorb into your nail instead of putting another layer on, but unfortunately it made my nails worse.

I love this product! I ordered it recently and have been using it faithfully for a week. I did not think it would make a big difference to my nails but boy, was I wrong. My nails have a tendency to peel and/or break after a certain length and it doesn't help that they are weaker ever since I got my gel tips removed a couple months ago. There's a noticable change in my nails -they look and feel so much better. They don't "bend" when I press down on the nail anymore. They feel strong and the tips even look whiter. On sale, these go for $2-2.50. I'm stocking up!!!

Nothing has ever worked on my extremely soft and peeling nails until this stuff. I cannot believe a little $6 bottle of Avon could work like this. Not only have my nails stopped peeling but they are MUCH stronger and I am now able to grow them out. This stuff isn't a polish although it comes in a bottle w/ a brush. It's a treatment that sinks in, you use it twice daily. I've got a pic in my profile after using it only two weeks but I can tell you after week three, I am now hooked on the stuff and will continuously buy over and over

on 3/20/2005 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm so glad I found this product! Avon's Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex does an AMAZING job at conditioning and strengthing nails. Once applied, the product actually absorbs into the nails - no thick build up that requires removing after seven days. This isn't a polish, more of a light oil consistency. Nails instantly look much healthier and smoother. With continued use, nails become noticably stronger. I much prefer this over OPI Nail Envy. People are always complimenting me on my hands and nails.