Avon Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex

Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Sd Alcohol 40-b, Butylene Glycol, Parfum/fragrance, Triethanolamine, 2-methylpropanal, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Diamond Powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Avon Strong Results Complex is a nail treatment that promises to harden, repair, and promote nail growth. This is a product Iíve used on and off for atleast 6 years. Itís available from Avon for $6 or 7, but I usually pick several up when theyíre on sale for $2.99. Avon advises applying this product twice a day for fourteen days to achieve maximum results, however I use this as part of my daily routine. I apply two coats of this treatment, three times a day, as well as before painting nails, and after removing polish or trimming nails. This is excellent at hardening nails. I almost never have a break, though I do still have a small amount of peeling on my thumb nails. Iím not sure if this actually causes nails to grow as much as makes nails less prone to breakage. As for removing staining it works for small patches of discoloration but doesnt do much for major staining.
It has a slightly oily consistency and sits atop nails for about 20 seconds before sinking in. I donít find that this hs an offensive, nail polish-y smell, but a slightly sweet, chemically smell.
I recommend this for a daily nail treatment of if youíre looking for a nail hardener that provides a bit of length.

on 4/4/2011 2:25:00 PM

Funniest thing about this product is I'd bought it at least 5 years ago based off reviews fromt he web and didn't use it correctly or long enough (2-4 weeks) and so I tossed it. Too bad I didn't know what I had, I could have had lovely nails all the sooner! Most recently, I bought this on ebay after seeing it in a nail care routine tutorial on youtube from linda165 (youtube search:My Nail Care+ Basic French Manicure)As with all nail products (biotin,gelatin, cuticle oil, etc) I am likely abusing/over using this. I am a recpetionist and apply this liberally several time (like 18+) over the 8 hr work day. I just keep it at my desk and apply all the time under my nails and along cuticles as the OPI Axxium gel grows out, pretty much anywhere raw unpolished nail is exposed so it can soak in. Every time I was my hands this is the first thing to go on after then cuticle oil then hand lotion. It really helps to adhere the skin to the nail. I used to get substantial nail growth but it would never adhere to the nailbed, and my nail line was always at the same point regardless of nail growth. Not anymore. This stuff smells like a chocolate or licorice concentrate but it fades away and the results are worth the gross smell. just keep with it and you'll notice the wuality of growth is so much better than before. The only thing negative (besides the initial smell) is the packaging which has since been redone - but my old rounded style bottle - again purchased from ebay - the new style is square and likely fixed - but I twisted mine too tight when closing it and snapped off the top - while it still twisted closed it leaked out all over my purse. So yeah - be gentle hahaha

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I've only started using this product since yesterday so i dont really know how well it'll work however, i will update every few days.

the first day, there was no real improvement, of course.
the second day, there was still no real improvement. they all still seem very fragie and prone to breaking and splitting.

on 8/5/2006 10:43:00 PM

This stuff seems to seep into the nails and disappear. After several days (I'd say over a week) of regular usage, it does seem to help. I have week, bendy nails prone to splitting and chipping, and this stuff keeps them more or less intact as long as I use it. BUT you can't wear anything else on your nails so it's a trade off. Super cheap and better than most nail "strengtheners" I've tried that are more like clear nail polish and don't help.

Well, looks like I'm in the vast minority on this product. Upon using this product I found that it dried out my nails and made them very brittle. Everytime I would use this, the day after I would break a nail. At first I thought it was a fluke. Then I looked at the ingredients and the main ingredient in this was Alcohol. So, that could explain why it made my nails brittle & very dry. Wish it worked for me, but it won't, so no repurchase.

on 10/8/2005 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This one is for my Mom. I am a rep and my Mom was looking(like her whole life) for a product that would strengthen her nails. She has paper thin nails that split all the time. She hates nail polish and has tried every iol, cream, and pill out there. I got this for her due to the reviews. After two weeks of religious use, once in the morning and once at night, she had nails!! No joke here, she actually had to cut them down.....wow! She said the tell EVERYONE about this product.

on 3/20/2005 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm so glad I found this product! Avon's Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex does an AMAZING job at conditioning and strengthing nails. Once applied, the product actually absorbs into the nails - no thick build up that requires removing after seven days. This isn't a polish, more of a light oil consistency. Nails instantly look much healthier and smoother. With continued use, nails become noticably stronger. I much prefer this over OPI Nail Envy. People are always complimenting me on my hands and nails.