Avon Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex

Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Sd Alcohol 40-b, Butylene Glycol, Parfum/fragrance, Triethanolamine, 2-methylpropanal, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Diamond Powder.

on 4/4/2011 2:25:00 PM

Funniest thing about this product is I'd bought it at least 5 years ago based off reviews fromt he web and didn't use it correctly or long enough (2-4 weeks) and so I tossed it. Too bad I didn't know what I had, I could have had lovely nails all the sooner! Most recently, I bought this on ebay after seeing it in a nail care routine tutorial on youtube from linda165 (youtube search:My Nail Care+ Basic French Manicure)As with all nail products (biotin,gelatin, cuticle oil, etc) I am likely abusing/over using this. I am a recpetionist and apply this liberally several time (like 18+) over the 8 hr work day. I just keep it at my desk and apply all the time under my nails and along cuticles as the OPI Axxium gel grows out, pretty much anywhere raw unpolished nail is exposed so it can soak in. Every time I was my hands this is the first thing to go on after then cuticle oil then hand lotion. It really helps to adhere the skin to the nail. I used to get substantial nail growth but it would never adhere to the nailbed, and my nail line was always at the same point regardless of nail growth. Not anymore. This stuff smells like a chocolate or licorice concentrate but it fades away and the results are worth the gross smell. just keep with it and you'll notice the wuality of growth is so much better than before. The only thing negative (besides the initial smell) is the packaging which has since been redone - but my old rounded style bottle - again purchased from ebay - the new style is square and likely fixed - but I twisted mine too tight when closing it and snapped off the top - while it still twisted closed it leaked out all over my purse. So yeah - be gentle hahaha

I cannot believe how my nails have improved after using this product. I really should have taken a before pic so I could post proof of the results. In July of 2008, I removed the silk wraps which I had worn on my nails for most of my adult life. After removing the wraps, my nails were a mess... weak, peeling, cracking. I also have ridges on many of my nails, and they would invariably crack at the ridge at the tip of the nail.

In the past year, I've tried every nail strengthener, you name it I used it. This stuff is honestly the ONLY thing that has worked for me.

The only drawback -- you cannot apply this product over nail polish. I guess that's a small price to pay for having naturally strong nails. I plan to continue to use Strong Results for the rest of June, and then I hope to resume polishing my (longer, stronger) nails.

on 3/27/2009 7:03:00 AM

This is the only nail treatment that actually worked for my brittle nails. I had tried a lot of products before (inluding Mavala Scientifique) which worsened my nails due to formaldehyde content. After one week of using Avon Strong Results, my nails are stronger, shiner, with no cracks!

on 12/9/2008 2:47:00 PM

This stuff is absolutely fabulous. After years of wearing acrylic nails I gave them up but am still suffering the consequences. At times my nails are very soft and break easily, other times they are dry and brittle. This is the only formula I have tried where I have seen a noticeable (and quick) improvement in the condition and length of my nails. I have tried several Sally Hansen products as well as OPI's Nail Envy and both were disappointing. In just a week my nails were stronger, longer and healthier looking. The price can't be beat. A must have!

This is the best nail treatment I have tried. I had acrylic nails removed and immediately started using this product twice per day. I can't believe how much better my nails are.

on 1/21/2008 3:36:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff. I have tried EVERYTHING out there for thin, weak, peeling nails and nothing has worked except for this stuff. I thought it was going to be like an enamel but it's not. It's a liquid that absorbs into your nail. I am STUNNED at how hard my nails are. I cant stress enough how thin my nails use to be.

I recently had acrylics on & so the bottom half of my nails are SUPER thin from the acrylics & even that part of my nail bed are super hard now. I cant wait till my nails are completely grown out & the thrashed part from the acrylics is completely gone.

I couldnt be happier and recommend anyone to try this. Just try it.

on 10/1/2007 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i work a lot with water and my nails have never been any good. See the reviews, I bought this and it just made my nails worse. My nails never peeled off or chipped this easy or bent to those shapes. It took me a month after I stopped using this product for my nails to get back to a little healthier state.

on 8/27/2007 5:24:00 AM

I have very soft nails that grow slowly, bend easily and split from the side. I've tried a few strengtheners but don't like the polish type ones as I don't generally wear polish on my finger nails (tendency to chew it off!!). anway I decided to give this a go from the reviews here and got some. Avon website was doing B1G1F but is generally around 4 anyway [for 12mls]. I got 2 bottles from ebay for 1.
painted my nails twice daily for a week and so far my nails definitely feel a lot stronger, they don't bend as easily. the instructions say to paint daily for 7 days but am not sure when you can restart! you can't use polish when applying it but that's fine for me.
it applies easily, although the brush is too small, and dries quickly. I like the fact you don't have to spend ages rubbing it in and it leaves no residue. I don't particularly like the smell but it doesn't linger and there don't appear to be too many nasties in the formula. it does leave nails a little dry but I usually follow up with some cuticle oil.
Ingredients are aqua, alcohol denat, butylene glycol, parfum, triethanolamine, isobutyral, citric acid, tartaric acid, xanthum gum, panthenol, hyaluronic acid, hydrolyzed soy protein , diamond powder, ehyl- methyl and propyl- parabens.
bottle will last ages and at the cheap price is worth a try. will update in a few weeks.

I read the reviews and had to try it for myself. I have pretty flimsy nails that start to snap off and peel if they get more than a quarter inch long. I got the Strong Results and applied it 2X a day for 5 days. My nails grew and felt much stronger. The real test would be painting them and seeing what happened after a few days. So I gave myself a french manicure that lasted a week with no cracking or peeling, WOW. My nails continued to grow and when I removed my polish tonight, they still felt strong and I actually had to file them back because they were getting TOO long. This is the first product I have ever used that has given me this kind of results. I got compliments on my nails last week for the first time in a long, long time. I am going to use the Strong Results again for a few days before I put on more polish to make sure they stay strong and then use it on the backs and cuticles while they are polished. Hurray, I have long nails again!! Thanks everyone for the great tip.

on 8/5/2006 10:43:00 PM

This stuff seems to seep into the nails and disappear. After several days (I'd say over a week) of regular usage, it does seem to help. I have week, bendy nails prone to splitting and chipping, and this stuff keeps them more or less intact as long as I use it. BUT you can't wear anything else on your nails so it's a trade off. Super cheap and better than most nail "strengtheners" I've tried that are more like clear nail polish and don't help.