Avon Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex

Avon Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex
Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex

4.3

Water, Sd Alcohol 40-b, Butylene Glycol, Parfum/fragrance, Triethanolamine, 2-methylpropanal, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Diamond Powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Avon Strong Results Complex is a nail treatment that promises to harden, repair, and promote nail growth. This is a product Iíve used on and off for atleast 6 years. Itís available from Avon for $6 or 7, but I usually pick several up when theyíre on sale for $2.99. Avon advises applying this product twice a day for fourteen days to achieve maximum results, however I use this as part of my daily routine. I apply two coats of this treatment, three times a day, as well as before painting nails, and after removing polish or trimming nails. This is excellent at hardening nails. I almost never have a break, though I do still have a small amount of peeling on my thumb nails. Iím not sure if this actually causes nails to grow as much as makes nails less prone to breakage. As for removing staining it works for small patches of discoloration but doesnt do much for major staining.
It has a slightly oily consistency and sits atop nails for about 20 seconds before sinking in. I donít find that this hs an offensive, nail polish-y smell, but a slightly sweet, chemically smell.
I recommend this for a daily nail treatment of if youíre looking for a nail hardener that provides a bit of length.

on 11/19/2009 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This stuff all but stopped the flaking on my nails, It didn't bleach the yellow staining, but it has hardened my nails to the point they don't flex all the time, however they are a touch brittle and my cuticle is now impossible to push back. It has become explosion proof.

On the whole, I like the product. I did pay attn to how it is to be used, you paint one or two coats on per day for a week.

You have to have naked nails to do it, and it sinks in, doesn't look polished at all.

I don't want to do another treatment for fear of my nails getting too brittle. One tiny flake since I did this almost 2.5 weeks ago.

I will probably use this up over time as needed and it was a good purchase. I put yes for rebuying, but that will take a long time, since I won't redo the treatment too often for fear of having a shattered nail (which sometimes happens with hardening products)

EDITED TO ADD: Its been a couple of weeks since my one week long treatment period. I've purposefully left my nails naked to see how this goes. Nor have I repeated the treatment.

Staining all gone (probably the nail stuff here, but also just leaving them naked)

Flaking is back again, on my worst nail, (right index) but nothing elsewhere, and even though a big flake occurred 2 days ago, this is still not as bad as before.

I plan to buy a glass file, and see if that helps a bit, and start applying polish again. Even if this is all the progress I'll see from one weeks treatment it's been worth it.

Recommended.

I cannot believe how my nails have improved after using this product. I really should have taken a before pic so I could post proof of the results. In July of 2008, I removed the silk wraps which I had worn on my nails for most of my adult life. After removing the wraps, my nails were a mess... weak, peeling, cracking. I also have ridges on many of my nails, and they would invariably crack at the ridge at the tip of the nail.

In the past year, I've tried every nail strengthener, you name it I used it. This stuff is honestly the ONLY thing that has worked for me.

The only drawback -- you cannot apply this product over nail polish. I guess that's a small price to pay for having naturally strong nails. I plan to continue to use Strong Results for the rest of June, and then I hope to resume polishing my (longer, stronger) nails.

on 3/27/2009 7:03:00 AM

This is the only nail treatment that actually worked for my brittle nails. I had tried a lot of products before (inluding Mavala Scientifique) which worsened my nails due to formaldehyde content. After one week of using Avon Strong Results, my nails are stronger, shiner, with no cracks!

on 3/20/2009 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

day 2 of using this product, will use 2x/day for a week and will update on the outcome. I have not ever had nail tips/fake nails - my nails are a mess, because i wash my hands and wear vinyl gloves for work,nails are peeling/splittling constantly. there was a product by loreal call 10 day stronger nails, it was cheap and it worked, but sadly is no longer available. since then i have used everything: all of the sally hensen treatemnt, nail envy by opi, china glaze, revlon calcium nail treatment, nail tec, orly nail treatment, pretty much any nail treatment one can buy at rite aid or ulta, as appearex, and hair/nail vitamins. I even went to whole foods and used their "organic" nail polish treatment. despite all of this the peeling, breaking, splitting continues.

as mentioned in prior in post this is more like a nail oil than polish, the smell in the bottle is strong, but it dries non-sticky and odorlfree. More to come in a few days

UPDATE: It has been 4 days since I started, happy to report no new peeling, the white tips of my nails look brighter to

on 8/27/2007 5:24:00 AM

I have very soft nails that grow slowly, bend easily and split from the side. I've tried a few strengtheners but don't like the polish type ones as I don't generally wear polish on my finger nails (tendency to chew it off!!). anway I decided to give this a go from the reviews here and got some. Avon website was doing B1G1F but is generally around £4 anyway [for 12mls]. I got 2 bottles from ebay for £1.
painted my nails twice daily for a week and so far my nails definitely feel a lot stronger, they don't bend as easily. the instructions say to paint daily for 7 days but am not sure when you can restart! you can't use polish when applying it but that's fine for me.
it applies easily, although the brush is too small, and dries quickly. I like the fact you don't have to spend ages rubbing it in and it leaves no residue. I don't particularly like the smell but it doesn't linger and there don't appear to be too many nasties in the formula. it does leave nails a little dry but I usually follow up with some cuticle oil.
Ingredients are aqua, alcohol denat, butylene glycol, parfum, triethanolamine, isobutyral, citric acid, tartaric acid, xanthum gum, panthenol, hyaluronic acid, hydrolyzed soy protein , diamond powder, ehyl- methyl and propyl- parabens.
bottle will last ages and at the cheap price is worth a try. will update in a few weeks.

on 8/5/2006 10:43:00 PM

This stuff seems to seep into the nails and disappear. After several days (I'd say over a week) of regular usage, it does seem to help. I have week, bendy nails prone to splitting and chipping, and this stuff keeps them more or less intact as long as I use it. BUT you can't wear anything else on your nails so it's a trade off. Super cheap and better than most nail "strengtheners" I've tried that are more like clear nail polish and don't help.

on 10/21/2005 2:48:00 PM

I love it!!! This is the first product that really helped my weak nais. Over the years I tried almost everything, supplements, professional manicures, dermatologist, artificial nails, nail strenghteners 10 times more expensive than this... I don`t even remember why I bought this product as I almost gave up hope. I noticed a difference after only a few days and after a month I was hooked. For the first time I can wear my nails bare and they don`t break or peel. They are much stronger and look better too.
For $2.5O it is a bargain.

on 10/8/2005 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This one is for my Mom. I am a rep and my Mom was looking(like her whole life) for a product that would strengthen her nails. She has paper thin nails that split all the time. She hates nail polish and has tried every iol, cream, and pill out there. I got this for her due to the reviews. After two weeks of religious use, once in the morning and once at night, she had nails!! No joke here, she actually had to cut them down.....wow! She said the tell EVERYONE about this product.

on 3/20/2005 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm so glad I found this product! Avon's Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex does an AMAZING job at conditioning and strengthing nails. Once applied, the product actually absorbs into the nails - no thick build up that requires removing after seven days. This isn't a polish, more of a light oil consistency. Nails instantly look much healthier and smoother. With continued use, nails become noticably stronger. I much prefer this over OPI Nail Envy. People are always complimenting me on my hands and nails.

Popular Treatments