Avon Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Avon Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex
Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex

4.2

Water, Sd Alcohol 40-b, Butylene Glycol, Parfum/fragrance, Triethanolamine, 2-methylpropanal, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Diamond Powder.

on 9/11/2002 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wow! This stuff really works to strenghten my nails and help prevent peeling & cracking. Usually, I have pretty strong and flexible natural nails that grow like weeds. But every once in a while, they go through a phase of snapping off suddenly or peeling on the sides. My mom gave me this Avon nail product, which is formulated with diamond dust (gotta love that!) to strengthen nails. Labels reads: "This intensive formulda, with alpha hydroxy acid, conditions and decreases dryness. Visibly improves the appearance of nails in 7 days," if used twice daily. You cannot use nail polish while using this, however, as it won't be able to penetrate your nails. This formula also contains panthenol, smells nice and sinks into the nails. If you have problem nails, check this out.

on 1/14/2003 3:38:00 PM

Don't have TOO much experience with nail conditioners, but I like this one a lot! This is a clear solution that brushes on to nails and absorbs almost instantly - no mess! Within 3 or 4 days, my nails LOOKED healthier. They were pinker, with whiter tips, and were smoother and softer - no ridges or bumps. Didn't completely prevent broken and peeling nails, but certainly helped a lot, and would probably do more with more continuous use. I think this is discontinued, but if you can find it, I think it is worth it.

Love this stuff... this is the first time I've used a nail strengthener that actually worked! I also like that you put it on and it soaks into your nails instantly. You don't have to fuss with it like it's a polish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is awesome! Makes my nails actually grow faster.Also makes them stronger.Great product.I'm on my 3rd bottle.

on 10/8/2005 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Ok I really like this stuff, its a nail conditioner and it absorbs right into the nail. I love the smell of this product, it smells like cocoa, but if u smell it right out of the bottle it has a perfume scent to it.My nails look so much better after i use it, and it makes my nails feel smooth and soft on the surface. I've only been using it a few days so its to soon to tell if its making them strong or longer just yet but i'll keep u updated.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This past winter my nails started to chip and peel. I bought this and applied it 2X a day for a week and it does help protect and strengthen the nail. You cannot use nail polish over this. So what I do now is use alternate this for 5 days and then wear nail polish for 7 days. I also will apply this to the back of the nail when I wear nail polish and find it to be very helpful. If your nails are really bad, try two coats of this 2X a day front and back of nail.

Well, looks like I'm in the vast minority on this product. Upon using this product I found that it dried out my nails and made them very brittle. Everytime I would use this, the day after I would break a nail. At first I thought it was a fluke. Then I looked at the ingredients and the main ingredient in this was Alcohol. So, that could explain why it made my nails brittle & very dry. Wish it worked for me, but it won't, so no repurchase.

on 8/5/2006 10:43:00 PM

This stuff seems to seep into the nails and disappear. After several days (I'd say over a week) of regular usage, it does seem to help. I have week, bendy nails prone to splitting and chipping, and this stuff keeps them more or less intact as long as I use it. BUT you can't wear anything else on your nails so it's a trade off. Super cheap and better than most nail "strengtheners" I've tried that are more like clear nail polish and don't help.

on 12/9/2008 2:47:00 PM

This stuff is absolutely fabulous. After years of wearing acrylic nails I gave them up but am still suffering the consequences. At times my nails are very soft and break easily, other times they are dry and brittle. This is the only formula I have tried where I have seen a noticeable (and quick) improvement in the condition and length of my nails. I have tried several Sally Hansen products as well as OPI's Nail Envy and both were disappointing. In just a week my nails were stronger, longer and healthier looking. The price can't be beat. A must have!

on 11/19/2009 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This stuff all but stopped the flaking on my nails, It didn't bleach the yellow staining, but it has hardened my nails to the point they don't flex all the time, however they are a touch brittle and my cuticle is now impossible to push back. It has become explosion proof.

On the whole, I like the product. I did pay attn to how it is to be used, you paint one or two coats on per day for a week.

You have to have naked nails to do it, and it sinks in, doesn't look polished at all.

I don't want to do another treatment for fear of my nails getting too brittle. One tiny flake since I did this almost 2.5 weeks ago.

I will probably use this up over time as needed and it was a good purchase. I put yes for rebuying, but that will take a long time, since I won't redo the treatment too often for fear of having a shattered nail (which sometimes happens with hardening products)

EDITED TO ADD: Its been a couple of weeks since my one week long treatment period. I've purposefully left my nails naked to see how this goes. Nor have I repeated the treatment.

Staining all gone (probably the nail stuff here, but also just leaving them naked)

Flaking is back again, on my worst nail, (right index) but nothing elsewhere, and even though a big flake occurred 2 days ago, this is still not as bad as before.

I plan to buy a glass file, and see if that helps a bit, and start applying polish again. Even if this is all the progress I'll see from one weeks treatment it's been worth it.

Recommended.