Korres Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Korres Mineral Powder Foundation
Lily Lolo, Korres, Sephora & other mineral brandsMineral Powder FoundationMineral Powder Foundation

3.8

Mica, Boron Ntiride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [ /- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

on 3/27/2017 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This was my holy grail foundation before it was discontinued. It was very light. Very build able. Not too matte or too shiny. My skin is very oily with dry patches from my acne medicine. It covered everything evenly. It didn't last all day on my skin but it didn't cake or crack, just faded away. I now feel lost. :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Favorite mineral foundation!
Doesn't make me itch or breakout like Bare Minerals
Gives amazing coverage
Looks very natural, doesn't feel as if I have make-up on.
Perfect shade for my light warm undertones
I apply it with a big Tarte brush, and it's amazing how much it covers.
I hope they never discontinue this!

on 12/15/2012 11:55:00 AM

This review is for the Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation. I was surprised that I liked this foundation so much, and even more surprised that the lightest foundation color matched my extremely fair, cool-neutral skin color! I purchased the color "Porcelain." It gives a nice, dewy-glowy look. Doesn't look cakey or powdery. I apply a little extra over a blemish, and it acts as a concealer too. A little goes a long way.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Maybe I just am using the wrong shade for me but I actually prefer Bareminerals over this stuff... the texture of it looks unnatural on my skin, it just looks cakey and seems to exacerbate my already larger than life (clean!) pores.. doesn't do much to cover my acne scarring and actually makes my skin look more uneven than it really is... don't know what it is, oh well! The packaging is horrible and don't you dare think about using that sponge, you will look like a donut with a powdered sugar coating. It looks better with a proper kabuki brush but still, I have found better mineral foundations for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I tried BE only to find out I am allergic to it. I got tiny red bumps all over my face that caused a terrible itchiness. I tried other mineral makeup from the internet, but the colors never really matched my Mediterranean/Hispanic skin. I almost had given up on wearing makeup, but since I have frequent breakouts, going bare was not an option.
While at the Sephora store, I asked an associate to help me find a foundation that would not irritate my skin and that would match my complexion (I got the one in tan...which is perfect for my yellow/olive skin). She suggested this and I am impressed with the product.

I have been using it for about a month and not only it looks natural, but it has actually IMPROVED the texture of my skin. The red blotches around my mouth are almost gone, and the frequency and severity of my breakouts have diminished.

Expensive? Yes, but totally worth it. The only but is that Korres does not have more colors to choose from.

on 10/25/2011 8:18:00 PM

The colour selection is pretty bad, I got the lightest "Warm Fair" and it's too yellow for my skintone. The packaging could be improved too, there is no seal over the sifter so you have to rely on the sponge that's included to contain the powder, so it can get messy. The mineral foundation itself is very average. There's nothing that stands out about it all. It has light but buildable coverage (application with the sponge gets more coverage) , it is not particularly long lasting and as no oil control. Will not repurchase.

on 7/17/2011 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This wasn't a bad product. I switched to this from Bare Minerals... overall, I prefer Bare Minerals. This Korres foundation doesn't control oil as well as BE. The color is pretty good but if I start to sweat, it turns a little bit of a peachy orange (however, I used to get a much worse orange effect with BE, so it's a trade-off). This has a higher SPF and they give you more in the package, but the packaging isn't as portable as BE's (no click-lock in the Korres). One problem I had with this product was that I really wanted sheer, light coverage, but no matter how little I put on, it always looked like I had a full face of makeup. Also, I don't know if it was just me but I think this mildly irritated my skin. It didn't break me out or dry me out or anything, but I would always feel a slight tingle (not in a good way) almost like it was salty? If that makes any sense? Maybe it just didn't "breathe" enough. It feels heavier and more like a liquid than BE (even though it's powder).
The price wasn't bad, considering the large amount of product you get. I'm still shopping around for foundations. I like the idea of mineral foundation, but for some reason I can't seem to find any shade in any brand that doesn't make me look either orange or super pale (so I end up looking like either Snooki or Morticia Adams... not good!). Assuming you find a color that matches you well, I think this product would be a great alternative to BE for someone who has dry skin.

At first, I wasn't in love with this product. I applied it sans primer around 7 am with sephora's mmu brush. When I looked in the mirror around noon, it had moved around on my nose and was pooled in these weird little round spots, but you could only see it up close, from a normal distance my skin still looked great. However, it saved the day yesterday when I cried all of my LM tinted moisturizer off. I needed a quick fix so I swiped it on where I needed and blended with the brush. voila! Now I make sure I use a primer and it stays all day, and I have received compliments on my flawless skin, which never happens! They didn't even believe I was wearing makeup. I will definitely buy again, as this is my new go-to daily foundation, due to the SPF30 and natural look. This would be great for summer. Just be sure to blend if you plan on building the coverage, as it could look cakey or powdery. Also, it didn't settle into my pores, and I have HUGE pores. Looks natural and "radiant" (really, it gives you a glow, without shine)