Korres Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other
Korres Mineral Powder Foundation
Lily Lolo, Korres, Sephora & other mineral brandsMineral Powder FoundationMineral Powder Foundation

4.4

Mica, Boron Ntiride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [ /- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

First, I LOVE the actual foundation. I use the color sand, which is supposed to be for those with pink undertones. I have a combination of yellow & red undertones in my skin (Native American, Italian, Polish) but I like the shade 'sand' because it sort of neutralizes my skin too, & makes it appear more peachy. Sometimes I use shades of makeup designed for pink/cool tones to neutralize/cool down my skin a bit. Other times I will match my own warm tones. This is one of the products that I use in a pink/cool tone because I like the affect it has on my very warm skin. The product has an illuminated, glowing finish, but it doesn't make me look oily or like I applied highlighter all over my face. Pur Minerals makeup had that affect on me, easily in photographs. It literally looked like I dumped grease all over my face-yuck. (I have skin that is so severely dry that it produces excess oil, making it look & behave like oily skin most of the time) It also provides nice coverage, & blurs all my skin imperfections. I also love how it has so few ingredients. I actually know what I'm putting on my skin, which I appreciate. I separate skin care & makeup, (I don't expect my makeup to do what my skincare is supposed to) but I like to use makeup that is good for my skin whenever possible. I actually found this product when I went into Sephora to try out the Bare Minerals Matte foundation. The cast member was very helpful & suggested that I might like this better after I talked to him about some of my skin issues. I also actually like the sponge that comes with this foundation, I use it sometimes in place of a makeup brush. When I do apply this with a brush, I use the brush that I have left over from my Pur Minerals starter kit. It's their chisel foundation brush. The only thing I dislike about this foundation is the packaging. It's horrible. The first time I went to open it, carefully, it went up in a powdery cloud & got EVERYWHERE. My clothes, my couch, my floor. Talk about a huge mess. Not to mention wasteful. This foundation isn't the cheapest, so I want to get the most uses out of it that I can. Also, my container leaks. I'm not sure if this is just mine, or if it's a flaw that all of the containers have. But even though I keep it stored upright, it always gets everywhere somehow still. The jar will be covered in the stuff when I go to use it again. Again- wasteful. Needless to say, this is impossible to travel with. I have trouble even opening the container to use it without losing a ton of product. I love this foundation so much & it's so beautiful on the skin, but the packaging needs to be improved. I would expect better from Korres, especially for the price of this makeup. I also wish that this exact formula came in a pressed powder rather than loose.

on 10/14/2012 7:23:00 PM

I just picked this up yesterday, so I can't comment on my skinds reaction to it yet, although I bought it because I have sensitive skin which breaks out fairly easily and this is a natural product, so I really hope I don't react to it! But so far, what I can say, is that this foundation does live up to it's claims: brightening, buildable coverage, natural finish. I would say it has more of a light-medium coverage, but its leaning towards light, in my opinion (although I am used to using liquid foundation--bourjois healthymix serum, which I love by the way!). So if you're looking for at least medium coverage, I wouldn't recommend this, my redness and blemishes peak through, but it evens my skin tone, which is all I really wanted from it. As for the brightening aspect, it has reflective particles that illuminate the skin beautifully! You can't see inidivudal shimmer particles, like in the aveeno positively radiant tinted moisurizer, it just adds a nice healthy sheen to your skin. The only downside to this, though, is that if you have an uneven texture to your skin, like I do, this will highlight all those imperfections. But overall, the pros outweigh the cons for me. Also, I'm very impressed with the appearance of the actual product on my skin! I have never used a powder foundation before, only the MAC MSF Natural as a setting powder, but this doesn't even look like powder; the MAC MSF Natural looks way more powdery than this! It looks very natural and is very easy to blend (I use the Sephora Professional Mineral Brush).
Overall, i would say the main cons for me are just the price and the packaging. It is pretty expensive, $37 in Canada, and it does not have any sort of stopper to prevent the powder from coming out, like bare minerals does. I just keep the sponge it comes with in the container to act as a bit of a barrier for the powder, which works pretty well.

on 10/3/2012 2:19:00 PM

I am on my second jar of this foundation. I've gone through Bare Minerals and multiple liquid foundations. This one is the best! It suits my skin, which can get easily irritated/oily. Provides good coverage without feeling like you're wearing anything. of course, I wish it was cheaper but it is worth the money to me. AND it has amethyst & quartz crystals in it! Very cool.

on 7/30/2012 2:07:00 AM

I bought this, because I wasn't too happy with the coverage and the price of the Bare Minerals powder. This Korres Powder has a lot more coverage, it lasts longer and it's cheaper. With Bare Minerals I had to use a lot of concealer first to even out my skin, before applying the actual foundation.
This Korres product looks natural and smooth. I really need to moisturize my skind very well beforehand though, because it does accentuate dry parts of your skin. I also don't use it close to my under eye area.
The packaging is simple without any twisting mechanism like the BM, which means you have to be a bit more careful, but I prefer it. The little applicator puff is actually quiet useful and I can bring it along in my make up bag for touch-ups.

Overall I will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Meh.

I got this about 2 years ago because of the super natural ingredients and the great reviews on Sephora. I used to be a Bare Escentuals user and thought I'd test out the waters of other mineral foundation.

I got this in the second lightest color (Light - Golden Fair) since the color selection is limited. I range anywhere from NC20, NC25, C25 (in the old Studio Fix Powder Foundation) and recently got matched to C3.

Korres Light is dark and orange on my skin. I thought it would be more forgiving but it's not. It leaves dark areas around my nose and the sides of the mouth that any amount of blending does not take away. It accentuates dry patches (and I always moisturize before any foundation application).

It was $30, rather on the expensive side of mineral foundations. Definitely $30 not well spent.

on 7/15/2011 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought the color medium approximately a month and half ago but didn't want to review this product until I used it for awhile. It doesn't contain bismuth and I'm happy to say my sensitive skin hasn't reacted or broke out. Medium has some peachiness to it and I was a bit worried at first. However once applied it didn't look orange on my skin. My skin is sensitive, combination (dry cheeks, oily tzone). I use a mattifying moisturizer on my tzone otherwise this product tends to make these areas look a bit too shiny. I do need to use a concealer on my cheeks first due to broken capillaries, redness since this mineral fdtn doesn't totally cover this problem for me. After applying this mineral fdtn my skin looks fresh and not cakey. If I used a bit too much fdtn, I spay mineral water to pat it down. Overall I'm happy with this foundation.Great lightweight product for hot humid summers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is my go to foundation that I happen to reach for everyday. I HATE Bare Essentuals. It accentuated every single pore, line, bump/lump on my face. I almost gave up on MF. Then I read the reviews on this FD and I am a devoted user.
1st of all the bad staff: they have only 4 shades, I am lucky I was matched to Warmth 1 Fair and it looks very natural on me. Unscrew lid and you need to shake out the powder on the lid inside.
OK, now my favourite part: the good staff. I have huge pores all over my face (ice picks, pit scars, box scarr) all shapes and sizes that makes wearing any FD a challenge. I am plagued by cyctic acne my whole life and I earned my rosacea by overtreating my skin with .....(you name it). I am very careful with conventional FD as they are all based on silicone (some is good, some is bad) and for me it takes just 1 bad experience and I am back to my derm for my laser treatments. This beauty has wild rose oil as an emolent and moisturizing agent. Apparently it is possible to substitute the "cones"and get a flawless looking skin without fear of clogging your pores. Given you are not allergic to wild rose oil. I use Sephora foundation Airbrush #55 and dab it all over my face after I wash, tone, moisturize etc. I go twice over areas that need more coverage and then buff it with my Too Faced Retractable kabuki brush. It stays on the whole day (and I can have crazy days). Somewhere around aftnoon I might need a little blotting and buffing but only because I am a perfectonist and like the way it makes me look but only because I look really close in my mirror. Here is a tip I learnt the hard way: if you do an OCM the night before and use any other oil (jojoba, argan, coconut oil etc) in the morning under your moisturizer - skip this on that day as it is too much oils for anybodies skin. I had a couple of white heads but I consider it is my fault as I should have thought about natural oil that it also has. Other than that I love it and use it every day and it made me want look at myself in the mirror and use make up. It is more of a treatment than a make up for me now :) Will repurchase? I already did.

When the sales associate put this on my face, my skin felt so real and not powdery at all. The staying power is better than BE and it feels like the powder is more fine as well. After a few hours, BE always gets a little cakey but this doesn't. I gave it 3 lippies because the color selection is terrible and it turns out that none of the colors match me anyways. Too pink for my asian skin tone! Also, they don't have the screw around sifter inside the container so all the powder can easily spill out. Maybe one day they'll come out with better colors. Until then, it's BE for me!

Update: This fades sun spots! I am so happy with this. The key is to use a very small amount and then use a concealer brush for spots needing more coverage. I still have my BM concealer brush which is the only thing I still use from that kit. It is awesome with the Korres. I also use my Smashbox Halo on top and it sets it perfectly.
This is very nice. It is the same container as BM, but they include a sponge. I don't use the sponge, but it does keep the product from going all over the place! I use a brush and get very good coverage. The best thing is that it is 30SPF so you could use this as a sunscreen. I am very happy and have been using for a week. It is supposed to be good for your skin too. I like Korres and will try more of their products.

on 1/13/2011 2:30:00 PM

I like this! I saw it on-line on the Sephora site and was really wowed by the reviews. They actually had it at my local Sephora, so I picked some up. I like that it has some great ingredients like rose quartz. It also has spf 30 which is perfect. It works really well as a concealer too. I have the Sephora mmu brush #45 which works really well with this. I also use a larger Kabuki. I used Bare Minerals for a year or so, but I found that you really needed the Mineral Veil to set it properly. It made me break out after awhile due to the cornstarch. I have been experimenting with different foundations this year such as Shiseido The Makeup Stick and some tinted moisturizers. This is the best so far. I put a bit of my Smashbox Halo over top because I am addicted to that stuff and my skin looks really good. It is not cakey at all!