Korres Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Korres Mineral Powder Foundation
Lily Lolo, Korres, Sephora & other mineral brandsMineral Powder FoundationMineral Powder Foundation

4.1

Mica, Boron Ntiride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [ /- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Favorite mineral foundation!
Doesn't make me itch or breakout like Bare Minerals
Gives amazing coverage
Looks very natural, doesn't feel as if I have make-up on.
Perfect shade for my light warm undertones
I apply it with a big Tarte brush, and it's amazing how much it covers.
I hope they never discontinue this!

on 10/14/2012 7:23:00 PM

I just picked this up yesterday, so I can't comment on my skinds reaction to it yet, although I bought it because I have sensitive skin which breaks out fairly easily and this is a natural product, so I really hope I don't react to it! But so far, what I can say, is that this foundation does live up to it's claims: brightening, buildable coverage, natural finish. I would say it has more of a light-medium coverage, but its leaning towards light, in my opinion (although I am used to using liquid foundation--bourjois healthymix serum, which I love by the way!). So if you're looking for at least medium coverage, I wouldn't recommend this, my redness and blemishes peak through, but it evens my skin tone, which is all I really wanted from it. As for the brightening aspect, it has reflective particles that illuminate the skin beautifully! You can't see inidivudal shimmer particles, like in the aveeno positively radiant tinted moisurizer, it just adds a nice healthy sheen to your skin. The only downside to this, though, is that if you have an uneven texture to your skin, like I do, this will highlight all those imperfections. But overall, the pros outweigh the cons for me. Also, I'm very impressed with the appearance of the actual product on my skin! I have never used a powder foundation before, only the MAC MSF Natural as a setting powder, but this doesn't even look like powder; the MAC MSF Natural looks way more powdery than this! It looks very natural and is very easy to blend (I use the Sephora Professional Mineral Brush).
Overall, i would say the main cons for me are just the price and the packaging. It is pretty expensive, $37 in Canada, and it does not have any sort of stopper to prevent the powder from coming out, like bare minerals does. I just keep the sponge it comes with in the container to act as a bit of a barrier for the powder, which works pretty well.

The ladies at Sephora recommended I switch to this from Bare minerals foundation which I had been using for years. They said it has less ingredients so is a little better for the skin. I'm very happy I switched! the coverage is much better but also looks more natural at the same time, it hasn't irritated my skin at all (neither did bare minerals) so I am pleased :), I didn't give it a 5 because the coverage still isn't perfect and it isn't the greatest at absorbing oil, but I think it's still a high quality product!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Meh.

I got this about 2 years ago because of the super natural ingredients and the great reviews on Sephora. I used to be a Bare Escentuals user and thought I'd test out the waters of other mineral foundation.

I got this in the second lightest color (Light - Golden Fair) since the color selection is limited. I range anywhere from NC20, NC25, C25 (in the old Studio Fix Powder Foundation) and recently got matched to C3.

Korres Light is dark and orange on my skin. I thought it would be more forgiving but it's not. It leaves dark areas around my nose and the sides of the mouth that any amount of blending does not take away. It accentuates dry patches (and I always moisturize before any foundation application).

It was $30, rather on the expensive side of mineral foundations. Definitely $30 not well spent.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm having a more difficult time looking for mineral foundation than I thought. Having sensitive skin is killer! So I tried this about a year ago and forgot to review it. It's currently sitting in the bottom of my makeup drawer, unfortunately not much used up. I didn't use a whole lot of it because I think I'm allergic to Boron Nitride (which I think is the only synthetic ingredient) and it made me break out.

I did spot testing on my forehead to make sure that it was the product and not just normal breakouts, and unfortunately it was the product. I also noticed that the closest match to my skin was still very orangey, and it seemed to get more orange over time. The quality seemed pretty good, but just not a very good experience overall. Very pricey too :(

I've been wearing Everyday Minerals in their sample sizes to test them out and I'm hoping my skin will accept it. I may have to go with a company that has no fillers at all, just minerals. I'm getting exhausted looking for anything that I can put on my skin without breaking it out!

on 8/28/2011 4:34:00 PM

I have become a Korres devotee and love this foundation. It has a slight learning curve on the application, and can make a mess if you're not careful (when you dab off the powder off your brush), but my skin has become radiant and glowing use this and their other things.

I am fair, sensitive skin, tend to be reactive and redden, tend to oil/clogging in the t-zone, and am in middle age (but my skin looks decades younger).

I have used all the other mineral foundations out there, and liquid, powder, etc, this is my favorite. I use the medium because I like a little color and not to look too pasty.

It gives decent coverage, but not total coverage. I have a few broken blood vessels around the nose and on the cheeks so I have to put a dab of concealer (I use their concealer too, along with a bit of dermablend).

The brush you use with it is important; you must use a quality brush designed for this kind of product to get best results (I use the sephora one). You dip the brush in some powder, tap it off, then I press it in then go in circles. As another reviewer said, it looks better after it sits a bit.

I do a lot of other things for my skin (professional grade TCA peels, good sunblock, quality products, etc), but I think this foundation has helped me immensely to look more radiant. I am complimented all the time on my skin, and I do give some credit to this product for that.

on 7/15/2011 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought the color medium approximately a month and half ago but didn't want to review this product until I used it for awhile. It doesn't contain bismuth and I'm happy to say my sensitive skin hasn't reacted or broke out. Medium has some peachiness to it and I was a bit worried at first. However once applied it didn't look orange on my skin. My skin is sensitive, combination (dry cheeks, oily tzone). I use a mattifying moisturizer on my tzone otherwise this product tends to make these areas look a bit too shiny. I do need to use a concealer on my cheeks first due to broken capillaries, redness since this mineral fdtn doesn't totally cover this problem for me. After applying this mineral fdtn my skin looks fresh and not cakey. If I used a bit too much fdtn, I spay mineral water to pat it down. Overall I'm happy with this foundation.Great lightweight product for hot humid summers.

on 3/30/2011 5:40:00 PM

Not bad...don't know if it broke me out...I've tried it a month ago when my skin wasn't in a good condition but...will try again later because the result is pretty nice.

on 3/17/2011 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Wow, this stuff is amazing. It goes on easily and evenly, even with no primer or anything else, covers up redness and small imperfections on my face, and looks completely natural. No one thinks I use any makeup on my face that isn't eye makeup.
The only bad things are the small selection of tones (fortunately, I fit in one of the 4 tones they make, so this isn't an issue for me), and the packaging. There isn't really much to keep it from spilling all over the place, and it isn't the easiest thing to get the makeup from container to sponge (or brush, or whatever you use). However, it is still remarkable.
Oh, and I must add that within 2 days of using this product it cleared the acne Bare Minerals gave me, and I haven't gotten a single pimple or blackhead since. My face doesn't usually break out, but is very sensitive to makeup (I just recently started wearing makeup because of this reason - when I put any on my face, my face gets red, burns, and breaks out :( ) and Korres has worked all kinds of wonders. If you're not using this foundation, you are missing out!

on 3/11/2011 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like almost everyone else has said, this stuff is awesome. That said, I wasnt terribly impressed because, to me, its very very similar to my other favorite, Lancome Ageless Minerale. What makes this a winner is that it offers great coverage, goes on smoothly, brightens, offers great SPF and lasts. Only downside I can see is that you dont get a whole lot for the price. Because of this, like my Lancome Ageless Minerale, Ill keep this for special occasions only. I have many other mineral makeups I can use for day to day use.