Korres Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Korres Mineral Powder Foundation
Lily Lolo, Korres, Sephora & other mineral brandsMineral Powder FoundationMineral Powder Foundation

4.3

Mica, Boron Ntiride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [ /- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

on 5/16/2014 7:07:00 PM

I just got this product this week in the Porcelein shade and I think it is great! I've been using a cream compact from shiseido for a couple of years, which I still really like, but wanted to try something lighter for the summer that would let my skin breathe but still cover my red cheeks. It seriously feels like you are wearing nothing! The coverage definitely depends on how you apply it. I've been using it with a flat top brush from shiseido which gives me medium coverage but if you used a kabuki brush it would probably be lighter coverage. I've tried to use bare minerals multiple time throughout my life and everytime I just end up hating it! This product doesnt look caked on and it doesn't have that gross feeling you get when you touch your face. Also I always found bare minerals fair shades to be too pink for me - I want to neutralize the pink in my face not enhance it. The porcelein color is slightly more yellow so its perfect.

on 3/17/2011 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Wow, this stuff is amazing. It goes on easily and evenly, even with no primer or anything else, covers up redness and small imperfections on my face, and looks completely natural. No one thinks I use any makeup on my face that isn't eye makeup.
The only bad things are the small selection of tones (fortunately, I fit in one of the 4 tones they make, so this isn't an issue for me), and the packaging. There isn't really much to keep it from spilling all over the place, and it isn't the easiest thing to get the makeup from container to sponge (or brush, or whatever you use). However, it is still remarkable.
Oh, and I must add that within 2 days of using this product it cleared the acne Bare Minerals gave me, and I haven't gotten a single pimple or blackhead since. My face doesn't usually break out, but is very sensitive to makeup (I just recently started wearing makeup because of this reason - when I put any on my face, my face gets red, burns, and breaks out :( ) and Korres has worked all kinds of wonders. If you're not using this foundation, you are missing out!

on 2/20/2011 6:32:00 PM

This is a beautiful product and I hope they continue to make it forever! The coverage is extremely buildable but natural, it's makes my skin look even and nearly-flawless without screaming "makeup". I would call it a satin finish, not matte but not "dewy" either (it is a powder after all!).
It applies easily and doesn't need 10 other products to make it look good (ahem, Bare Minerals). It lasts all day or all night. I work graveyards in a very physically demanding job and my makeup still looks fresh in the morning with just a blot about halfway through. It also works great at concealing my undereye circles when applied with the BE max coverage brush.
My only gripe- sometimes it accentuates dry areas if I haven't moisturizer first, and the shade selection is very small so I hope they come out with more shades in the future. For reference I am NC15 and "fair" works well for me.
It's $37 CAD at Sephora for a fairly large tub, it will easily last a year so cost-per-use is more than reasonable. Great product, Korres should be proud. :)

on 2/19/2011 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I find this to be a very average mineral makeup. First, I was really worried about the shades. There are only 4 and I'm super pale. The shade I ordered, "Fair", actually looked fine on my NC15 skin. What I didn't like was that I started getting itchy right after application. Even though this doesn't contain bismuth oxychloride, there's something in it that my skin doesn't like. It didn't make me break out, which is a huge feat in itself, but I didn't like the way it looked on my skin. It's quite sparkly like Bare Minerals, Laura Mercier mineral makeup and Merle Norman minerals, which I hate. That sparkle just seems to emphasize every little flaw I have. It wore pretty well throughout the day, but I wouldn't have minded if it didn't! LOL I've included a picture up top of "Fair" compared to some other pale mmu shades, for comparison. Korres is definitely the most sparkly. The others are all pretty matte, but Naturale Beaty seems to be the most matte, with Sephora in second.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've never liked mineral makeup...until now! Korres has done it right! I hated every mineral foundation I have tried. It's either left me shiny and greasy, itching, broke out, old looking and dry or ashy. I would have to say this one is none of those. I'm 38, got some fine lines and not the best looking skin (Old acne scars and little hyperpigmentation). My skin is sensitive, It does not like Bismuth at all. BE was probably the worst in that it left me itchy and with a rash that lasted a week. Pur Minerals was ok, still left me itchy. Alima didn't work for me despite it's High praise (too dry).

This mineral foundation is different. I wear the lightest color, it's bit yellow but I do have some yellow undertones (But not orange, hello BE?). It's very finely milled and actually somewhat hydrating. It went on easy (No buffing!!!) and covered everything really well and gave me a bit of a glow even without being shiny and sparkly. It stayed on my face for 10 plus hours, no touchups. I did use Korres Anti aging primer before hand and got a nice smooth and even coverage, no caking in my lines. What I love the most is that it is SPF 30. I think that it is unheard of in any makeup Mineral or otherwise. Very impressed and pleased that I took the chance on this, despite my former failures in Mineral makeup. I am really becoming a fan of Korres in general. No parabens, no chemicals, derived from nature. Perfect for sensitive and picky skin!

on 1/13/2011 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Looks like I'm the first one to review this product. When I walked into Sephora yesterday they had just received the product. Just in time because I was looking to try a new mineral foundation. I've been using Bare Minerals for over 5 years and was never really wowed by it. It just happened to be one of the only things that didn't break me out so I didn't have much of a choice. The Korres comes in the same type of container as most foundations of its kind but no sifter like BM foundation. It has a very fine fine shimmer to it, I'm guessing because there is Mica in it. Which is important to note. It does NOT contain bismuth, according to Sephora SA but it does contain Mica. BM contains bismuth and no Mica. SO, if you have an allergy to Mica, this isn't for you. Moving on.. the fine shimmer is not very noticeable or over the top and you don't even really notice once its on your face. It applies much better than BM in my opinion and is not drying whatsoever. In fact, I think it made my skin really soft and smooth. I applied it with the Sephora Professional dense bronzer brush (the one with the white hair)which is actually similar to the density and size of a Kabuki but I think it's way better. I think it gives good coverage, about the same as BM but better finish, more hydrating, and just overall a better choice for mineral foundation. Time will tell if I am OK with the Mica and I will update. I am a fair-medium cooler toned complexion in the winter and I use the medium-beige which is perfect for me. There are a variety of other shades as well. Love this stuff. So glad I switched over. P.S. I'm sure it has some interesting ingredients as all Korres products do, AND it's SPF 30. Have never seen that high of an SPF in a mineral powder so that is impressive. Talc free. No parabens or sulfates and other ingredients that concern people. Brightening wild-rose extract with its healing properties are supposed to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and repairs uneven skin tone. Exclusively sold at Sephora.