Korres Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Korres Mineral Powder Foundation
Lily Lolo, Korres, Sephora & other mineral brandsMineral Powder FoundationMineral Powder Foundation

3.9

Mica, Boron Ntiride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [ /- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

on 12/22/2014 11:01:00 AM

This was an okay powder foundation, but I would not have paid full price for this product. The color and the finish are decent, but the overall effect is less than spectacular. I like the Juice Beauty loose powder better, the texture is silkier and it blends better into the skin. This was a nice powder foundation to try, but I would not repurchase.

on 1/7/2014 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Wow - this product is lovely. It is the single foundation that my skin can handle without breaking out. Also, Bare Minerals gets an awful rating on the Environmental Working Group list for healthiness, but this Korres scores very well. Perhaps that's why it is so gentle. The finish is nice, very skin-like - it's difficult to tell it's even makeup. My only complaint is the color palette, if only it were a bit more extensive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Mineral foundation usually takes fifteen minutes of blending to apply nd add coverage (bare minerals) this is way better, it is glory and natural and not a flat finish. If you are oily put on a powder ('duh) the oily people who complain about this need to get that it says nothing about oil control...it says brightening which can be more luminous. This is a great foundation.

on 9/15/2012 7:44:00 PM

I loved this product on my face in the store so I bought it. However, I no longer use this product. Even with a light dusting you can see the power on your face and in your creases. I was highly unsatisfied with the chalky look. I like my face to look more natural and this is not the foundation powder to achieve that look.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm having a more difficult time looking for mineral foundation than I thought. Having sensitive skin is killer! So I tried this about a year ago and forgot to review it. It's currently sitting in the bottom of my makeup drawer, unfortunately not much used up. I didn't use a whole lot of it because I think I'm allergic to Boron Nitride (which I think is the only synthetic ingredient) and it made me break out.

I did spot testing on my forehead to make sure that it was the product and not just normal breakouts, and unfortunately it was the product. I also noticed that the closest match to my skin was still very orangey, and it seemed to get more orange over time. The quality seemed pretty good, but just not a very good experience overall. Very pricey too :(

I've been wearing Everyday Minerals in their sample sizes to test them out and I'm hoping my skin will accept it. I may have to go with a company that has no fillers at all, just minerals. I'm getting exhausted looking for anything that I can put on my skin without breaking it out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I tried BE only to find out I am allergic to it. I got tiny red bumps all over my face that caused a terrible itchiness. I tried other mineral makeup from the internet, but the colors never really matched my Mediterranean/Hispanic skin. I almost had given up on wearing makeup, but since I have frequent breakouts, going bare was not an option.
While at the Sephora store, I asked an associate to help me find a foundation that would not irritate my skin and that would match my complexion (I got the one in tan...which is perfect for my yellow/olive skin). She suggested this and I am impressed with the product.

I have been using it for about a month and not only it looks natural, but it has actually IMPROVED the texture of my skin. The red blotches around my mouth are almost gone, and the frequency and severity of my breakouts have diminished.

Expensive? Yes, but totally worth it. The only but is that Korres does not have more colors to choose from.

on 10/25/2011 8:18:00 PM

The colour selection is pretty bad, I got the lightest "Warm Fair" and it's too yellow for my skintone. The packaging could be improved too, there is no seal over the sifter so you have to rely on the sponge that's included to contain the powder, so it can get messy. The mineral foundation itself is very average. There's nothing that stands out about it all. It has light but buildable coverage (application with the sponge gets more coverage) , it is not particularly long lasting and as no oil control. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is my go to foundation that I happen to reach for everyday. I HATE Bare Essentuals. It accentuated every single pore, line, bump/lump on my face. I almost gave up on MF. Then I read the reviews on this FD and I am a devoted user.
1st of all the bad staff: they have only 4 shades, I am lucky I was matched to Warmth 1 Fair and it looks very natural on me. Unscrew lid and you need to shake out the powder on the lid inside.
OK, now my favourite part: the good staff. I have huge pores all over my face (ice picks, pit scars, box scarr) all shapes and sizes that makes wearing any FD a challenge. I am plagued by cyctic acne my whole life and I earned my rosacea by overtreating my skin with .....(you name it). I am very careful with conventional FD as they are all based on silicone (some is good, some is bad) and for me it takes just 1 bad experience and I am back to my derm for my laser treatments. This beauty has wild rose oil as an emolent and moisturizing agent. Apparently it is possible to substitute the "cones"and get a flawless looking skin without fear of clogging your pores. Given you are not allergic to wild rose oil. I use Sephora foundation Airbrush #55 and dab it all over my face after I wash, tone, moisturize etc. I go twice over areas that need more coverage and then buff it with my Too Faced Retractable kabuki brush. It stays on the whole day (and I can have crazy days). Somewhere around aftnoon I might need a little blotting and buffing but only because I am a perfectonist and like the way it makes me look but only because I look really close in my mirror. Here is a tip I learnt the hard way: if you do an OCM the night before and use any other oil (jojoba, argan, coconut oil etc) in the morning under your moisturizer - skip this on that day as it is too much oils for anybodies skin. I had a couple of white heads but I consider it is my fault as I should have thought about natural oil that it also has. Other than that I love it and use it every day and it made me want look at myself in the mirror and use make up. It is more of a treatment than a make up for me now :) Will repurchase? I already did.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a fantastic mineral makeup. When I say I have tried almost every mineral makeup out there, I am not kidding. From low to high end, I have tried them all. This is somehow different. I agree that it is matte, yet not flat. It is very finely milled and absolutely has improved my skin over a short amount of time. Whenever I have used mineral makeup in the past, it has either broken me out, left me looking much older than I am, faded away by the end of the day, or had no coverage despite layering. This is different. It covers extremely well and should I have areas that are a little darker, I just put a little on my finger and dab it on the trouble spots. It also lasts throughout the day. I generally do not even have to touch up. Now, those that are on the dry side will have to moisturize well beforehand, because it can be a bit drying, but other than that, this is a keeper. One thing to note. For me, the colors run a little light. I use medium beige and my skin tone is more on the fair side. Other than that, I cannot think of any other negatives. If you have not had luck with mineral makeup in the past, but still like the idea of something more natural, try Korres. This one is different.

on 2/3/2011 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best mineral foundation so far! Leaves your skin baby soft and silky! Sephora employee told me it contains more natural ingredients than Bare Minerals so this will not be harsh on your skin. I am verrry impressed! As you let the foundation set on your face it'll look like your perfect skin tone match. I'm so happy I found this makeup brand. I have acne scars and it does a good job covering my imperfections, but i'll definitely recommend using a concealer for that before applying Korres. PLEASE try this make up!