Korres Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Korres Mineral Powder Foundation
Lily Lolo, Korres, Sephora & other mineral brandsMineral Powder FoundationMineral Powder Foundation

3.9

Mica, Boron Ntiride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [ /- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

on 12/15/2012 11:55:00 AM

This review is for the Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation. I was surprised that I liked this foundation so much, and even more surprised that the lightest foundation color matched my extremely fair, cool-neutral skin color! I purchased the color "Porcelain." It gives a nice, dewy-glowy look. Doesn't look cakey or powdery. I apply a little extra over a blemish, and it acts as a concealer too. A little goes a long way.

on 10/14/2012 7:23:00 PM

I just picked this up yesterday, so I can't comment on my skinds reaction to it yet, although I bought it because I have sensitive skin which breaks out fairly easily and this is a natural product, so I really hope I don't react to it! But so far, what I can say, is that this foundation does live up to it's claims: brightening, buildable coverage, natural finish. I would say it has more of a light-medium coverage, but its leaning towards light, in my opinion (although I am used to using liquid foundation--bourjois healthymix serum, which I love by the way!). So if you're looking for at least medium coverage, I wouldn't recommend this, my redness and blemishes peak through, but it evens my skin tone, which is all I really wanted from it. As for the brightening aspect, it has reflective particles that illuminate the skin beautifully! You can't see inidivudal shimmer particles, like in the aveeno positively radiant tinted moisurizer, it just adds a nice healthy sheen to your skin. The only downside to this, though, is that if you have an uneven texture to your skin, like I do, this will highlight all those imperfections. But overall, the pros outweigh the cons for me. Also, I'm very impressed with the appearance of the actual product on my skin! I have never used a powder foundation before, only the MAC MSF Natural as a setting powder, but this doesn't even look like powder; the MAC MSF Natural looks way more powdery than this! It looks very natural and is very easy to blend (I use the Sephora Professional Mineral Brush).
Overall, i would say the main cons for me are just the price and the packaging. It is pretty expensive, $37 in Canada, and it does not have any sort of stopper to prevent the powder from coming out, like bare minerals does. I just keep the sponge it comes with in the container to act as a bit of a barrier for the powder, which works pretty well.

on 10/3/2012 2:19:00 PM

I am on my second jar of this foundation. I've gone through Bare Minerals and multiple liquid foundations. This one is the best! It suits my skin, which can get easily irritated/oily. Provides good coverage without feeling like you're wearing anything. of course, I wish it was cheaper but it is worth the money to me. AND it has amethyst & quartz crystals in it! Very cool.

on 7/30/2012 2:07:00 AM

I bought this, because I wasn't too happy with the coverage and the price of the Bare Minerals powder. This Korres Powder has a lot more coverage, it lasts longer and it's cheaper. With Bare Minerals I had to use a lot of concealer first to even out my skin, before applying the actual foundation.
This Korres product looks natural and smooth. I really need to moisturize my skind very well beforehand though, because it does accentuate dry parts of your skin. I also don't use it close to my under eye area.
The packaging is simple without any twisting mechanism like the BM, which means you have to be a bit more careful, but I prefer it. The little applicator puff is actually quiet useful and I can bring it along in my make up bag for touch-ups.

Overall I will repurchase.

The ladies at Sephora recommended I switch to this from Bare minerals foundation which I had been using for years. They said it has less ingredients so is a little better for the skin. I'm very happy I switched! the coverage is much better but also looks more natural at the same time, it hasn't irritated my skin at all (neither did bare minerals) so I am pleased :), I didn't give it a 5 because the coverage still isn't perfect and it isn't the greatest at absorbing oil, but I think it's still a high quality product!

on 5/30/2012 11:44:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation. I used to use Bare Escentuals mineral foundation, but it started to make my skin itch, so I switched to liquid for a while. While I liked that, I didn't like feeling like I had a lot of makeup on. So I started looking around, and decided to try this. AMAZING. It covers well but feels and looks like I have nothing on. It doesn't settle into fine lines, and it lasts all day. It's light coverage, so you may need concealer underneath. If I want heavier coverage, I simply use this on top of a light liquid foundation and it gives me airbrushed skin. I hope this is never discontinued because I will wear this for a long long time.

The packaging is fine, but it isn't the best for travel, since the powder tends to get everywhere. But I'm willing to put up with it. You could buy a better sifter jar and transfer it into there if you really wanted to.

Overall, it's great. The best mineral foundation I've ever tried. Natural finish, doesn't cling to dry skin, but doesn't get too oily either. And my skin didn't react to it. No itching, no breaking out, and my skin looks better when I take it off.

on 7/20/2011 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is the first mineral powder foundation I've tried, so I can't compare it to other brands, but I really like the concept. I've never been one for liquid foundation and I always try for a very natural look when it comes to skin coverage. I can't stand the look or feel of liquid foundation.

It doesn't give the fullest coverage, but it is buildable, and I cover my blemishes with concealer first so it doesn't seem to be an issue. I tap some into the cap, and apply one or two layers with a powder foundation brush. I have tried the sponge that comes in the package, but it deposits way too much onto my skin and makes it appear cakey. I only keep the sponge in the jar to prevent the powder from spilling out into the cap - this issue is why the packaging only gets a 3.

I can't say if it's evened out my skin tone as advertised as I have several products in my arsenal that make the same claim. However, my skin tone has improved overall and I use less of this product than when I first started.

I apply this one to two times daily, and my current jar has lasted about 6 months. I'll probably have to repurchase in another month or two, but I may try another brand before I commit to spending $42 CAD on this again. I do gladly spend a little extra on products that are all-natural.

One note: in Canada, this cannot be sold with the promise of sun protection. I'm not sure why, but this seems to be the case with many skin care products labeled as containing sunscreen in the USA, which makes me suspect of products with SPF sold in the USA. I wear Clinique City Block SPF 40 underneath as a primer/sun protector.

I use WRMF2 - Light, which is probably the best colour match of any foundation or powder I've tried.

on 7/15/2011 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought the color medium approximately a month and half ago but didn't want to review this product until I used it for awhile. It doesn't contain bismuth and I'm happy to say my sensitive skin hasn't reacted or broke out. Medium has some peachiness to it and I was a bit worried at first. However once applied it didn't look orange on my skin. My skin is sensitive, combination (dry cheeks, oily tzone). I use a mattifying moisturizer on my tzone otherwise this product tends to make these areas look a bit too shiny. I do need to use a concealer on my cheeks first due to broken capillaries, redness since this mineral fdtn doesn't totally cover this problem for me. After applying this mineral fdtn my skin looks fresh and not cakey. If I used a bit too much fdtn, I spay mineral water to pat it down. Overall I'm happy with this foundation.Great lightweight product for hot humid summers.

on 4/25/2011 10:18:00 AM

Have long loathed mineral foundation but am a great Korres lover, and what with Korres' reliable wonderfulness and the positive reviews I decided to try this. Yes! Love it.

It is easy to apply -- oddly it doesn't look so hot immediately; it seems to need a few minutes to settle in, so to speak. And then it disappears; it evens out my skin wonderfully, but it's not at all apparent that there's any make-up on me.

Cons: an additional product is needed for oil control, concealer still req'd for difficult spots, not a fan of the sponge being next to the product in the container. But that's it; zero other complaints. I was dubious about the limited shade selection but the lightest was just right (I am usually the second-lightest in most foundation ranges...); perhaps I lucked out? But it blends so well and is somehow adept at both covering and being sheer (it is indeed very "buildable," too) so I suspect it works for more of a range than most foundations.

I can't feel this on, and the application is really unfussy, a great boon. A few swipes with a brush for a basic layer, a bit of work with the sponge if there's a blotch or spot, done. And it stays put all day. Price seems reasonable given how little is needed; this is a definite repurchase, and close to a 'HG.'

on 4/15/2011 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Update 11/05/2011:

This didn't work in the long run for me. The cons definitely outweighed the pros. I've dropped the rating from 4 lippies down to 1 lippie.

PROS:

1) Photographs well at 2 or more feet away.

2) Also has a flawless finish at 2 or more feet away.

3) Even when I didn't the use the right amount of ss (bad me I know *slaps own hand*), when using this on top of my ss, I didn't tan at all.

ANDDDDDD that is where it stops.

CONS:

1) I was on a heavy load of anti-histmanes for allergies when I started this so I couldn't be objective as to whether this caused any irritation. I noticed some itching when wearing this sometimes, but I wasn't consistently wearing this makeup throughout the summer so I wasn't completely sure it was the makeup. However, starting in the fall, I started wearing this everyday. At this point, I was no longer taking anti-histamines daily, only as needed or every few days. I noticed on the days that I didn't take the anti-histamine, my face itched like crazy. I started developing rashes as well. I know for sure it was the makeup because I would apply it to my entire face except my forehead. I didn't apply it to my forehead because I wore hats that covered my forehead. My forehead was the only clog and rash free area on my ENTIRE face.

2) When I started wearing this everyday and consequently for longer periods of time (8-12 hours a day & this was the only thing about my routine that changed), I noticed more clogs. And yes I cleansed properly, oil-pre cleanse followed up with a face wash & toner.

3) If you use too much of this in one application it is hard and practically impossible to fix the color without washing your face and starting over. That being said, I found the best way to apply this was with a blush brush (like eco tools) and DEFINITELY do the swirl, tap, buff method.

4) This definitely oxidizes when a sunscreen (even an oil free one) or any other type of primer like substance is used. This is like a darned if you do, darned if you don't moment. I tried it on my bare skin and it accentuated dry patches that were barely visible. But with the ss it didn't accentuate dry patches. However, at a close up (i.e. less than two feet), it accentuated the appearance of clogs or pimples regardless of whether a primer or ss was used or not.

5) A lot of product gets wasted with this packaging, as the powder easily comes to the top through the holes but does not as easily sift back down to the bottom. Therefore, just upon opening the tub, it is easy to "dump" out too much.

Bottom Line:
If you have pretty much perfect skin (no dryness/ and/or dry patches, no clogs, no pimples), are not sensitive to any of the ingredients, need a decent loose powder foundation for added (not as a substitute) sun protection AND you can adapt to one of the four colors (that's the only number of options they have), then and only then, will this be a good match for you.

Otherwise, be wise and look elsewhere!!

Original Review 04/15/2011:

Okay so this may be premature, but I am really feeling good about this powder foundation. I looked up reviews for it on makeupalley and sephora.

My skin took a turn for the worse about 6 months. At the most, I used concealer under my eyes and on the occasional dark spot. Now, I have a face full of hyperpigmentation and acne. Absolutely horrible. So as I am working with a dermatologist to clear this horrible mess up, I have been on the hunt for a good foundation and/or concealer to cover the marks. So far I have tried dermablend, covergirl sensitive clean foundation, clinique, and neutrogena mineral sheers. See my reviews for those if you are interested.

Anyway onto the review:

First off the cons:

1) limited color range, there are only four colors

2) it is a bit pricey

Pros:
1) Although the color range is limited, I could see the medium tan (the darkest shade) working for a few different shades for skin of color. I am a medium toned, light skin african american. I have like 4 different shades going on across my body (crazy I know lol). One swipe of this is actually too dark for the lightest part of my body but two to three swipes works for the darkest part of my body.

2) This works well with my sunblock, the vanicream spf 35. Any user of this sunscreen knows it is NOT matte and can seem oily/greasy if you apply the amount you are really supposed to. I used a makeup sponge and dipped it in the powder and the sunblock immediately absorbed it, it almost turned it into a thick liquid foundation. I didn't even have to use concealer! And trust me, my hyperpigmentation issues are DARK!! But, I still have to learn how to properly apply it though, because today the color I got on my neck was almost perfect, but on my face it was too dark. With the exception of the color, it didn't look like I had makeup on my face.

3)No parabens or talc, limited ingredient list. I absolutely love that about this foundation!!

4) They actually put the expiration date on the package. I notice very few "natural" brands do this, even if the product has spf in it.

I will update this review if I experience any negative reactions with continued use. I will also update this review with different techniques as I try new things ( I will try a kabuki brush from eco tools, and hopefully a matte sunblock). I really hope this works because I love the high spf and even after I clear up my skin issues, it will still work great with one layer to cover the ashy whiteness that physical sunblocks leave behind. Also, if this ends up being my HG foundation, I would not mind shelling out the money for it.

The current ingredients list is as follows: Titanium Dioxide 16.1%, Zinc Oxide 15.0%, Mica, Boron Nitride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [+/- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

P.S. Sorry for the long review, I hope it is useful to someone :-)