Korres Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
Korres Mineral Powder Foundation
Lily Lolo, Korres, Sephora & other mineral brandsMineral Powder FoundationMineral Powder Foundation

3.9

Mica, Boron Ntiride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [ /- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

on 3/27/2017 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This was my holy grail foundation before it was discontinued. It was very light. Very build able. Not too matte or too shiny. My skin is very oily with dry patches from my acne medicine. It covered everything evenly. It didn't last all day on my skin but it didn't cake or crack, just faded away. I now feel lost. :(

on 12/22/2014 11:01:00 AM

This was an okay powder foundation, but I would not have paid full price for this product. The color and the finish are decent, but the overall effect is less than spectacular. I like the Juice Beauty loose powder better, the texture is silkier and it blends better into the skin. This was a nice powder foundation to try, but I would not repurchase.

on 1/7/2014 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Wow - this product is lovely. It is the single foundation that my skin can handle without breaking out. Also, Bare Minerals gets an awful rating on the Environmental Working Group list for healthiness, but this Korres scores very well. Perhaps that's why it is so gentle. The finish is nice, very skin-like - it's difficult to tell it's even makeup. My only complaint is the color palette, if only it were a bit more extensive.

on 10/3/2012 2:19:00 PM

I am on my second jar of this foundation. I've gone through Bare Minerals and multiple liquid foundations. This one is the best! It suits my skin, which can get easily irritated/oily. Provides good coverage without feeling like you're wearing anything. of course, I wish it was cheaper but it is worth the money to me. AND it has amethyst & quartz crystals in it! Very cool.

on 9/15/2012 7:44:00 PM

I loved this product on my face in the store so I bought it. However, I no longer use this product. Even with a light dusting you can see the power on your face and in your creases. I was highly unsatisfied with the chalky look. I like my face to look more natural and this is not the foundation powder to achieve that look.

on 5/30/2012 11:44:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation. I used to use Bare Escentuals mineral foundation, but it started to make my skin itch, so I switched to liquid for a while. While I liked that, I didn't like feeling like I had a lot of makeup on. So I started looking around, and decided to try this. AMAZING. It covers well but feels and looks like I have nothing on. It doesn't settle into fine lines, and it lasts all day. It's light coverage, so you may need concealer underneath. If I want heavier coverage, I simply use this on top of a light liquid foundation and it gives me airbrushed skin. I hope this is never discontinued because I will wear this for a long long time.

The packaging is fine, but it isn't the best for travel, since the powder tends to get everywhere. But I'm willing to put up with it. You could buy a better sifter jar and transfer it into there if you really wanted to.

Overall, it's great. The best mineral foundation I've ever tried. Natural finish, doesn't cling to dry skin, but doesn't get too oily either. And my skin didn't react to it. No itching, no breaking out, and my skin looks better when I take it off.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Meh.

I got this about 2 years ago because of the super natural ingredients and the great reviews on Sephora. I used to be a Bare Escentuals user and thought I'd test out the waters of other mineral foundation.

I got this in the second lightest color (Light - Golden Fair) since the color selection is limited. I range anywhere from NC20, NC25, C25 (in the old Studio Fix Powder Foundation) and recently got matched to C3.

Korres Light is dark and orange on my skin. I thought it would be more forgiving but it's not. It leaves dark areas around my nose and the sides of the mouth that any amount of blending does not take away. It accentuates dry patches (and I always moisturize before any foundation application).

It was $30, rather on the expensive side of mineral foundations. Definitely $30 not well spent.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm having a more difficult time looking for mineral foundation than I thought. Having sensitive skin is killer! So I tried this about a year ago and forgot to review it. It's currently sitting in the bottom of my makeup drawer, unfortunately not much used up. I didn't use a whole lot of it because I think I'm allergic to Boron Nitride (which I think is the only synthetic ingredient) and it made me break out.

I did spot testing on my forehead to make sure that it was the product and not just normal breakouts, and unfortunately it was the product. I also noticed that the closest match to my skin was still very orangey, and it seemed to get more orange over time. The quality seemed pretty good, but just not a very good experience overall. Very pricey too :(

I've been wearing Everyday Minerals in their sample sizes to test them out and I'm hoping my skin will accept it. I may have to go with a company that has no fillers at all, just minerals. I'm getting exhausted looking for anything that I can put on my skin without breaking it out!

on 7/20/2011 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is the first mineral powder foundation I've tried, so I can't compare it to other brands, but I really like the concept. I've never been one for liquid foundation and I always try for a very natural look when it comes to skin coverage. I can't stand the look or feel of liquid foundation.

It doesn't give the fullest coverage, but it is buildable, and I cover my blemishes with concealer first so it doesn't seem to be an issue. I tap some into the cap, and apply one or two layers with a powder foundation brush. I have tried the sponge that comes in the package, but it deposits way too much onto my skin and makes it appear cakey. I only keep the sponge in the jar to prevent the powder from spilling out into the cap - this issue is why the packaging only gets a 3.

I can't say if it's evened out my skin tone as advertised as I have several products in my arsenal that make the same claim. However, my skin tone has improved overall and I use less of this product than when I first started.

I apply this one to two times daily, and my current jar has lasted about 6 months. I'll probably have to repurchase in another month or two, but I may try another brand before I commit to spending $42 CAD on this again. I do gladly spend a little extra on products that are all-natural.

One note: in Canada, this cannot be sold with the promise of sun protection. I'm not sure why, but this seems to be the case with many skin care products labeled as containing sunscreen in the USA, which makes me suspect of products with SPF sold in the USA. I wear Clinique City Block SPF 40 underneath as a primer/sun protector.

I use WRMF2 - Light, which is probably the best colour match of any foundation or powder I've tried.

on 3/11/2011 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like almost everyone else has said, this stuff is awesome. That said, I wasnt terribly impressed because, to me, its very very similar to my other favorite, Lancome Ageless Minerale. What makes this a winner is that it offers great coverage, goes on smoothly, brightens, offers great SPF and lasts. Only downside I can see is that you dont get a whole lot for the price. Because of this, like my Lancome Ageless Minerale, Ill keep this for special occasions only. I have many other mineral makeups I can use for day to day use.