MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense #40

MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense #40
Rouge Artist Intense #40Rouge Artist Intense #40

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this lipstick so much. It's rich, highly pigmented, and the colour is amazing. It's a little on the creamier side than what I usually prefer, but the texture feels so smooth. It goes on really nicely and I've gotten a ton of compliments on the colour (I have fair skin so it definitely pops). Even though I wouldn't call it 'long-lasting', because of how saturated the colour is, you don't need to put much on when reapplying. It has a nice taste and smell to it as well, kind of like vanilla.

In terms of applying it, the texture means you may have to buff your lips off if they're dry (a problem I've experienced in winter), but otherwise it's perfect.

The only issue I had was with the packaging. Because I was carrying it around in my pocket frequently (and probably dropped it a few times tbh), the inner tube with the lipstick in it became dislodged from the outer casing. It was still possible to use, just a little annoying, and this didn't happen until probably 18 months after I bought it. Regardless of that, it lasts forever, and I'll definitely purchase it again when I run out!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you want the best orange, this is it. It's full color/coverage, lasts, and it's comfortable. This never fades or feathers, but I don't have lips with lines in them. Make sure you moisturize first to get a good even application. This is the go-to orange for so many people. I love the formula and the shade range of this line. It has this nice 'expensive lipstick' scent that's subtle.