Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense #40

4.5

on 7/12/2014 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this shade today. The true orange color drew me in and I knew I had to have this. I tried it on a few hours later and hated it.

It balled up and sunk into my lip lines. It was overly bright and looked crazy on my NC50 skin. I was all set to return it.

BUT, I was determined to make this shade work.

My mistake the first time was applying it straight from the tube with no lip liner and no lip preparation. So I figured out I needed to do some prep work.

Here's what I did:
1) I scrubbed my lips with baking soda.
2) I applied a small amount of Rosebud Salve and blended the excess away
3) I lightly lined and filled in my lips with MAC Chestnut liner
4) I applied this color with my FINGER, building up the color.

As a result, this shade looks fantastic against my skin! There is also no feathering and minimal sinking into lip lines. By adding Chestnut liner and applying with my finger, this orange shade lives up to its true potential without making me look clownish.

Speaking of the color, it reads as a true orange on my pigmented lips, not coral, not pale, just orange.

Since it is so pigmented, you don't need to pile it on. It does have an old school lipstick scent that I don't particularly care for, but I can deal with it. The satin texture glides on and it cost $20.

With the proper lip preparation, this shade is perfect for most skintones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is absolutly fabulous! The bright orange lip was very in Spring/Summer 2010 and followed into Autumn and Winter. This is the exact orange you see on the runways and is a must for any fashionista. I always get stopped when wearing this lip. Must try!!!