MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense #40

MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense #40
Rouge Artist Intense #40Rouge Artist Intense #40

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

$19 for a tube of lipstick that you most likely won't be wearing on a daily or regular basis may seem too much, but when you consider its pigmentation, longevity and comfortable wear, the price can easily be overlooked. The MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick line is one of my favorite lipsticks and this particular shade beats all my other lipsticks.

The pigmentation is just phenomenal. One swipe and I'm good to go. It lasts 6hours on my lips and survives meals and drinks. It feels comfortable on my lips. I've severely dry lips and this doesn't aggravate it. What else can I ask for?

I searched everywhere for a TRUE orange (not orange red like nars heat wave or Mac lady danger) that doesn't require canceling out the color of my mouth with foundation before applying until I found this one :). MUFE #40 is a bright, pigmented medium orange that reads on the lips as a true tangerine. It has a super smooth satin texture and isn't drying at all, it bleeds a little without a liner but it's not bad at all especially if you apply it lightly and blend with your fingers. A bright orange lip liner is hard to find so I use a cool nude lip liner and that keeps it in place and doesn't interfere with the orange color. The packaging isn't fancy and the smell is very "expensive lipstick" but isn't particularly fun. This is super easy to slide on and go bc of its satin texture and it freshens up my whole face (I'm very pale). This lipstick with minimal eye makeup and clean fresh skin is a great everyday fashion look. I'd call it a must have for sure!