Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense #40

Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense #40
Rouge Artist Intense #40Rouge Artist Intense #40

4.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this lipstick so much. It's rich, highly pigmented, and the colour is amazing. It's a little on the creamier side than what I usually prefer, but the texture feels so smooth. It goes on really nicely and I've gotten a ton of compliments on the colour (I have fair skin so it definitely pops). Even though I wouldn't call it 'long-lasting', because of how saturated the colour is, you don't need to put much on when reapplying. It has a nice taste and smell to it as well, kind of like vanilla.

In terms of applying it, the texture means you may have to buff your lips off if they're dry (a problem I've experienced in winter), but otherwise it's perfect.

The only issue I had was with the packaging. Because I was carrying it around in my pocket frequently (and probably dropped it a few times tbh), the inner tube with the lipstick in it became dislodged from the outer casing. It was still possible to use, just a little annoying, and this didn't happen until probably 18 months after I bought it. Regardless of that, it lasts forever, and I'll definitely purchase it again when I run out!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The shade I got is actually #42 or as company's website suggests "Satin Vermilion Red".
Formula & Texture: feel and texture of this lipstick very much reminds me of the Rouge Dior lipsticks, which is one of my favorites. Artist Intense applies quite smooth and effortless on the lips. It is not too-buttery, but is quite nourishing and moisturizing. This product didn't slide around like crazy, so I believe you can easily pull this one off skipping the lip liner.

Color & Finish: #42 is a true classic red and looks very flattering against my NC30 skin tone. I actually gave it to my mom who is couple of shades darker and she loved it as well.

I actually wrote an entire blog post about this product, you can easily check it through the link below:

on 11/5/2011 9:10:00 AM

This colour is mega hot!!! As soon as I bought it I had to put some on! I must say I was very impressed with the pigmentation and felt the lipstick was conditioning for my lips. This brand is very hard to find in Australia and very expensive. I wouldn't pay the dollars here but ended up sourcing this lipstick from overseas - it was a risk but a very good one!! Not sure if it stays on as long as it boasts. This brand has so much hype and now that it has made itself more available to an audience other that MUAs in the industry I think with some of their other products they need to make them more friendly or perhaps explain that their products are best applied with the correct make up brush.

Anyways really loved this lipstick. This shade is quite bold!!

Popular Lipsticks