MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense #40

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense #40
Rouge Artist Intense #40Rouge Artist Intense #40

4.7

I searched everywhere for a TRUE orange (not orange red like nars heat wave or Mac lady danger) that doesn't require canceling out the color of my mouth with foundation before applying until I found this one :). MUFE #40 is a bright, pigmented medium orange that reads on the lips as a true tangerine. It has a super smooth satin texture and isn't drying at all, it bleeds a little without a liner but it's not bad at all especially if you apply it lightly and blend with your fingers. A bright orange lip liner is hard to find so I use a cool nude lip liner and that keeps it in place and doesn't interfere with the orange color. The packaging isn't fancy and the smell is very "expensive lipstick" but isn't particularly fun. This is super easy to slide on and go bc of its satin texture and it freshens up my whole face (I'm very pale). This lipstick with minimal eye makeup and clean fresh skin is a great everyday fashion look. I'd call it a must have for sure!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this lipstick so much. It's rich, highly pigmented, and the colour is amazing. It's a little on the creamier side than what I usually prefer, but the texture feels so smooth. It goes on really nicely and I've gotten a ton of compliments on the colour (I have fair skin so it definitely pops). Even though I wouldn't call it 'long-lasting', because of how saturated the colour is, you don't need to put much on when reapplying. It has a nice taste and smell to it as well, kind of like vanilla.

In terms of applying it, the texture means you may have to buff your lips off if they're dry (a problem I've experienced in winter), but otherwise it's perfect.

The only issue I had was with the packaging. Because I was carrying it around in my pocket frequently (and probably dropped it a few times tbh), the inner tube with the lipstick in it became dislodged from the outer casing. It was still possible to use, just a little annoying, and this didn't happen until probably 18 months after I bought it. Regardless of that, it lasts forever, and I'll definitely purchase it again when I run out!

on 11/5/2011 9:10:00 AM

This colour is mega hot!!! As soon as I bought it I had to put some on! I must say I was very impressed with the pigmentation and felt the lipstick was conditioning for my lips. This brand is very hard to find in Australia and very expensive. I wouldn't pay the dollars here but ended up sourcing this lipstick from overseas - it was a risk but a very good one!! Not sure if it stays on as long as it boasts. This brand has so much hype and now that it has made itself more available to an audience other that MUAs in the industry I think with some of their other products they need to make them more friendly or perhaps explain that their products are best applied with the correct make up brush.

Anyways really loved this lipstick. This shade is quite bold!!