Fyrinnae Finishing Powder in Sunkissed

No Image

on 3/14/2012 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this! I don't use it all over my face since I made that mistake one day with another brand's glow powder that they claimed you could use that way, and I ended up looking like an alien. Sadly, I didn't have time to start over, and had to wipe off what I could, but at work, I definitely got some weird looks.

That being said, this is not a glow powder. It's a finishing powder with a slight, very slight sheen, so I use it last with a skunk brush on my cheek bones. A quick swipe with a tiny bit of powder, and I just look a little warmer. It is like magic that a white powder gives you a bit of a golden sheen. Can't beat the price either.

on 1/12/2011 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Fyrinnae's Product Information for Finishing Powder in Sunkissed:
Our pure finishing powder contains no cornstarch, no talc, no oil, only mica and zinc oxide. Dust on a small amount after applying foundation, using a powder, kabuki, or similar large brush. It will give a very soft glow and a powder-soft finish. This powder gives a slight golden-bronze glow once on skin, though looks white in the container.
Approximately 12 grams net weight, packed in a sifter jar.

My take:
Such a genius product. I don't know how the Fyrinnae boys do it, creating such magic with two ingredients. I use a kabuki or even a skunk to brush this on over foundation and it works wonderfully to keep an even, smooth, matte finish. It's definitely a finishing powder--it's not going to cover up anything you haven't already covered--but it does soften the face. I'm not oily--I have normal to dry skin-- so I'm not sure how well it works on oily skin. I was super intrigued by the name Sunkissed and the promise of a "golden bronze glow"--after all, it does look white in the container, although if I look really close I can see an extremely subtle golden sheen. I was a little scared, because I'm NW5. But this doesn't turn me into an oompa loompa or change my skintone noticeably at all. When I apply a small amount of powder as usual to my face, I can't even tell that there's any shimmer, although if I swatch the powder heavily, I can see the mica. (Maybe my addiction to highlighters is desensitizing me.) The effect on me, rather than being noticeably golden or bronze, is more like being bathed in soft warm light. I really like this powder and the soft-focus, warm look it gives.