4.5

Reviews

3.0
from

7 months ago

The eyelid shade was to die for. A pinkish taupe (to me). I have been buying this little trio and Sweet As Candy for years until it disappeared from the shelves. When I saw it at the Walmart near me with the new transition shade and "new improved formula" written on it, my heart kinda sunk. So, I tried it. The Shades are harder. Much harder. Scraping off some layers helps a little. They are not the soft, easy to pick up with brush or fingers. And I think the eyelid shade is sheerer than the old trios. I also had to use primer when I didn't with the old. I use Revlon's cream shadow in Espresso. Then I packed the eyelid shade on top. The crease shade is still the dark dirty looking brown with sparkles. I use this as liner only. The pinkish beigey browbone shade is ok, just a little sheerer and it hardly shows up. I don't know what to do with the transition shade. It is a pinky brown shade that is too warm for me. Good thing I have an backup trio I bought from Five Below, which they also have the 8-pan Comfort Zone because I won't be buying these "new improved formula" quads again. WHY, Wet n Wild, WHY?

About reviewer (126 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairSilver, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Really love these eyeshadows. Super soft, super rich, super pigmented. The intensity of the crease shade is surreal, and I love to highlight with the browbone shade. The Eyelid shade is such a rich taupey mauve that feels like a luxury eyeshadow when you go to put it on. Yes.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

2 years ago

This was my first adventure out of my comfort zone and into the world of taupes. I am <nc10, blonde, and green eyed. There is a photo of me wearing Silent Treatment in my profile right next to a pic of the palette itself. I was NOT expecting to like this as I tend to stick to pinky nudes and mauves. But damn, I love it. It makes my eyes stand out WITHOUT adding too much color to my paper pale face. I use the "highlight" (warm peach) shade on my lid and the "lid" (taupe) in my crease. The "crease" shade (dark warm shimmery brown) is honestly useless to me. This shade just doesn't flatter my coloring. But I have hooded eyes, so let's just be happy I can fit the other 2. Like all Wet n Wild eyeshadows, this is awesome quality. Silent Treatment is buttery and highly pigmented. And for less than $5, you can't beat the price point. *I am seeing a lot of variations in the pics muaers have uploaded re: coloring. The batch I got is not straight up grey and cream. I haven't seen any like that so perhaps those pics are an old version.*

About reviewer (515 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Love the mauve but the crease brown was a little too dark for in my crease, I use it in my outer v instead. The pink browbone is a great all over the lid color - but not white enough for a highlight, so I use one of the other browbone colors from the sister trios to highlight. I find that these browns and pinks are very similar to Sweet as Candy and Walking on eggshells - being a pink and brown with a cream, but I still love them.

About reviewer (432 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

3 years ago

Believe it or not, my first Wet n Wild palette. The taupe/violet color is really beautiful. Am quite pale with gray eyes, and this color really offers a very flattering and natural enhancement to your lids. Have deep set and "kind of heavy lids" like me? Then this shadow puts you ahead of the game. The sparkly crease color? It looks brown in the pan, but almost a deep indigo on my skin. Nice suprise! This shade, however, does not blend easily. Guess for the price I can't complain. For me though, this is a one color palette. That peachy frost shade is not something I would ever wear. Don't brow bone it!

About reviewer (123 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

Another great winner for Wet'n'Wild.This has amazing color & lasts the entire day.Perfect color combination.WOW,speechless.....A++++

About reviewer (303 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

4 years ago

Now I understand these reviews that start off saying "If I were on a desert island, (and needed to look fabulous... because why not)... " If I were on a desert island, and I could only bring 3 eyeshadow palettes with me from my collection, they would be: 1. Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette 2. Colourpop Kathleen Lights "Where the Light is" Collection 3. THIS Is the packaging adorable? Certainly not, but its lack of frills does make this slim & travel friendly. I would much prefer excellent performance and versatility to adorable packaging. I'll be honest though-- at first I wasn't won over. I loved the intense pigmentation and blendability of these shadows right away. However I won't pretend like I can get an everyday look out of this, unless I plan to stroll out to the grocery store NBD with a serious smokey eye. (Though I suppose if I am going to glam it up on my desert island, then I could be a grocery store diva too?) That last point may seem like a huge shortcoming, and truth be told, that is my biggest con with this palette. But I'll explain my desert island list, and why those 3 products sing wonderfully together. I'll try to describe this a bit generally, to make sure my (rather long) review still serves a purpose for those without those other two products. *Blendability, Lasting power, and pigmentation: Even though this little trio is the cheapest item on my list, it holds up to the other two products. The formulas of the three play well together in all senses--they blend with each other, they are all pigmented, and no one item/shade/formula will awkwardly outlast another. Being honest, I have oily eyelids so I always wear a primer, and never wear any powder shadow without it. Thus I have never tried this trio without it. But even with cheapo ELF primer, it doesn't seem to have a problem. *Color selection: I love all the colors in here, and have found uses for each one. I don't ever use a shimmery highlight because I have hooded lids, and certainly not a frosty pink with my very yellow undertone, so I use the browbone highlight as a face highlighter. (I do wish it was the smallest pan of this trio.) I find that the dark brown is close enough to matte so I use it either as a crease shade and/or a powder to set creme eyeliner. Is it super unique? probably not, but that's my everyday workhorse shade. The cool toned purple-silver-taupe shade is my favorite of the three. I like having it just in the center of my eyelid. *Balance: Especially in my collection of mostly warm eyeshadows, this trio's color selection bring in a nice balance. The dark brown in here is the darkest color offered across all 3 of my palette list, so I use it to set eyeliner or deepen up a look regardless of what colors I choose from these 3. The cool taupe pairs nicely with the cooler shades of the Chocolate Bar palette. (To help compare, the purple tone of this will probably play nicely with Candied Violet, and the silver-taupe tones with Haute Chocolate.) I am pretty convinced that the browbone color dupes Marzipan from Chocolate Bar palette. (omg longest review ever for such a slim little trio, but I hope this helped! thanks for reading!)

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

4 years ago

I was looking through my makeup on my vanity and I found this treasure. I think we may all be guilty of purchasing makeup and leaving it in the package until we use it which may be months or purchasing makeup and forgetting that we have it somewhere. I completely forgot I had a few more eye shadow palettes from wet n wild. I found the spoiled brat palette and the silent treatment palette . I would like to purchase the sunburned palette as well. OK back to the review. Another great eye shadow palette from Wet n wild . The colors work well together also you don't have to stick to the color placement of the colors . I would play around with how you and where you apply the colors to you eyelid. For example the brow bone color is a nice shimmery pink and can be used on the lid with the other two colors to add that smokey look. In essence I believe the eye shadow trios from wet and wild are meant to take the guess work out of the smokey eye and give you colorsin each trio that complement one another. The instructions on the eye shadow is good for beginners but I think it is always think you should make a makeup look your own. With help on how to apply a smokey I watched quite a lot of smokey eye makeup tutorials and it is quite easy to do now I just like playing with different colors to see what color I like best. All in all a great palette and inexpensive . I want to get a few more Wet n wild eye shadow palettes to add to my makeup collection.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

from

4 years ago

I really love this little palette but only for one shade. The bottom taupe shade is absolutely gorgeous. Depending on what other shadows I combine it with, it seems to pull in whatever shade it's been paired with so it can look warmer or cooler depending on how I use it. The other two shades in the palette are just ok in terms of shades. The top shade doesn't do much for me either way and the middle shade looks muddy. For reference, I'm very fair with neutral tones. The quality of all the shadows is excellent. They blend effortlessly and last well over a primer. At this price, I would highly recommend purchasing, if only for that gorgeous taupe shade.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

4 years ago

The only reason I haven't decluttered this is for the grey/purple shade in this trio. It's good enough that I keep this. I'm not a big fan of the light pink/dark brown shades in here. I don't think they're Wet n' Wild's greatest eyeshadows at all. HOWEVER, the bottom shade is amazing. I have never seen a color like it before. It's purple... but it's grey. It's a nice change of neutral brown but it doesn't look crazy. In fact, it still looks neutral. It's super versatile - you can wear it for a night out or for a simple look at work.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age19-24