Tarte LipSurgence stain pencil - Enchanted

Tarte LipSurgence stain pencil - Enchanted
LipSurgence stain pencil - Enchanted

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a amazing product, it stays on your lips really good, it has a easy application and is really pigmented. When first applied it is minty on your lips but a actually like that, it only last for the first five minutes thought. The finish of this is a satin finish. A dupe for this product would be the revlon balm stain\matte balm stain.

on 11/10/2014 12:30:00 AM

In love with this! The color is beautiful and it feels like it really moisturizes my lips. It's amazing.

Enchanted is such a beautiful color, but the product applies very unevenly. I love how long lasting it is, and easy to carry with you and apply. If only it were more predictable with coverage. Some days I love it and some days I wish I could find this color in a better application. I am unsure if I would repurchase. Exfoliate, check on evenness and this color is gorgeous on everyone.

on 1/27/2014 12:29:00 AM

Wow, HG. I'm so glad I finally gave in and bought this. I am NC15 - very cool and fair. Two swipes of this smooshed around on my lips gives me the perfect color to brighten up my face and make me look alive. A more generous layer gives a luscious saturated raspberry color. This makes my teeth look whiter too. This is an amazing product. Most stains are hard to work with but this has a satiny gel texture that I find so much easier to work with.
My only complaint is the price which is astronomical and ridiculous. There is only an inch of product!! I see myself going through it fast.
I plan to buy more backups though - one for my makeup bag and one for my purse. It's amazing. Cool toned fair ladies give it a try - you'll be broke but you won't be disappointed! :)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have such a love/hate relationship with Tarte's lip stains. I love the colors and how they make my lips look. They're sheer yet buildable, and the shades are exquisite--not a garish one in the batch. I hate the formula: for a product that claims to increase the lips' moisture, I find it to be exceptionally drying, almost to the point of discomfort. It also doesn't wear very long and it tends to stain unevenly--you REALLY need to exfoliate the lips well before applying.

Enchanted is a beautiful red rose shade. Like I said, the color is to die for. How it feels on the lips is not.

This is the type of product that if it's on sale or I can get it at a discount, then I'll grab it. But I'm not satisfied enough with the quality of the lip stains to pay full price.

on 9/28/2013 11:00:00 PM

This is a product that gives a lot of pop and moisture, but does not wear well throughout the day. To my surprise, it clung to lines on my lips that I did not even know where there. You definitely need to use this with a lip balm first to plump up your lips and then apply. That said, I love the pigmentation and the precision that this pencil offers. I would definitely repurchase despite the wearing problem. If you are looking for a similar color or product without the lip lines problem, try Fresh Lip Sugar in Coral.

on 7/22/2013 6:56:00 PM

I tried this based on reviews. I like lip stains but I love this one. It goes on nicely and stays for a few hours and it is easy to reapply. I have one at home, one in my purse, and one at work. I am surprised how much I look forward to putting it on. I just wish it was less expensive.

on 6/26/2013 1:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is my favorite lip product right now. The shade is perfect for my dark hair and pale skin. It's not very moisturizing but I find the color lasts for several hours before I need to reapply. I'm on my second one now and will continue to buy as long as it's available.

on 12/29/2012 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Out of all the lip tarts that I own, this has got to be my least favorite. The color just doesn't look right on me. Its not long lasting, you have to reapply every few hours. If you want to eat our drink, it transfers bad. Will not buy ever again.

I have the mini size of this pencil that came with the Tarte bestsellers collection. At first I really liked this. It gives you a shiny red color on your lips almost like a gloss. It looks natural and the color is really pretty. I have tried their matte pencils though and I like those much better personally. This is a really nice product though but WAYY overpriced.