NYX Eyebrow Shaper

NYX Eyebrow Shaper
Nyx Eyebrow Shaper PencilEyebrow Shaper

4.3

Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina, Polyisobutene, Cetyl Palmitate, Talc, Vp/hexadecene Copolymer, Myristyl Lactate, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candellilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera, Octyldodecanol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearlkonium Hectorite, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl, Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract

on 5/5/2017 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Warning: review for off-label use!

I read on Beautypedia that this works well as a reverse lip liner. I used to purchase Laura Mercier, DuWop and Makeup Forever's reverse lip liners for a LOT more money, but this is a perfect replacement. In fact, better than perfect because it works exactly as the far more expensive products for a fraction of the price. I'm on probably my sixth (?) purchase of this. I love wearing highly pigmented lip colors, but even with regular lip liners, I'd wind up with bleeding. Now I apply this just outside my lip line, then apply my lip color. Perfection!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This eyebrow wax pencil is so great that I'm surprised more people don't know about it. I guess that happens sometimes, where an amazing product falls under the radar, and unfortunately this seems to be no exception.

I have a small scar on one of my eyebrows, which causes the strands of hair over it to lift up and out of place. Unless I just remove the hair and pencil/fill it in, it's not ever going to be 100% perfect.

However, this is one of those few trusted products that I can rely on to help keep my eyebrows looking decent. I just love the way it makes natural eyebrows look as neatly put together as perfectly applied brows. So cool.

I have unruly brows...to the point where they poke straight out and brow gel/mascara doesn't cut it. Actually I tried men's moustache wax and that didn't make them lie any flatter either so it was no surprise that this didn't work. I do think for someone who only needs light control it would work fine.

on 2/10/2016 9:17:00 AM

This is one of my HG products, and I absolutely love it!!

I don't have super thick brows, but they just don't go the way I always want them to, and pretty much nothing was helping. I use a tinted brow gel with fibers but even that ended up looking less than perfect because my brows seemed to be fighting with it.

I use this wax pencil very lightly on my brows after brushing them with a brow brush in the correct direction - this wax sets them perfectly without ever being heavy or noticeable. Then the gel - then perfect brows, without being scary, too dark, or overdone.

Highly recommended. Great price and easy to find - I get mine at Target.

on 11/28/2015 2:51:00 PM

I love this eyebrow shaper! I was using a clear mascara gel on my brows but it didn't work very well. NYX is just what I needed.. Keeps my brows in place all day. Worth the price which (I think) is quite reasonable. Not sure how to rate the price on this website. If you give it 5 lippies does that mean it's too expensive or does it mean the price is good? Anyway, I gave it one lippie for price because I think the price is right!

on 1/25/2015 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this product, I use it after filling in my brows with Anastasia Brow Wiz & Dipbrow! Keeps my brows set & in place, Better than clear mascara.

on 12/13/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I'm not loving this but it does want it's suppose to do and controls my curly eyebrows but it also pulls some of my eyebrows out as well. Plus at $8+ it's kinda expensive for NYX. I guess that company is feeling it's self a little. lol.

on 12/10/2014 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Don't you jut love it when a product does exactly what it says?! This product does just that. Tames brows into place. I put it on when I sleep the wrong way and I have a brow smushed to the side. It'll stay all day. I also like to use it to tweeze my brows. I max the shape I want with the pencil and pick out the rest. I like Anastacia products but don't buy her pencil for twenty dollars more when this does the same job.

on 12/22/2014 7:50:00 PM

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH OMG! my eyebrows aren't thick but they're really crazy an untamable. I use the anatasia dipbrow pomade and I put clear brow gel over it and it's so hard to calm my hair down. I usually layer the brow gel and leave a big glob and brush them through to put them down but that ends up looking patchy and clumpy and totally messes up my brows, but thissssss omg it doesn't dry up all nasty and it makes your brows look natural. I run it through my brows one time and it does the job. Plus it doesn't feel sticky as hell and gross. I love it! It's my new holy grail eyebrow product.

Cons: I paid 10 bucks for it. It's a little bit too much for a nyx product. Although they really do have some great things.

on 12/25/2014 10:30:00 PM

I adore this wax pencil. Holds my brows in the right shape throughout the day, and does not leave that odd crusty feeling. Looks natural also without the odd graying color that some brow wax causes. My two largest peeves are the price and how large the packaging is, it's a but overkill. Complete waste of plastic.

Popular Brows Products