Cover FX Powder FX Mineral Powder Foundation

3.9

Mica, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Silica, Kaolin, Lauroyl Lysine, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dehydroacetic Acid, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phytosphingosine, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Ethyl Oleate. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)

on 4/10/2016 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this product. It's my favorite (and only one I will use, really) powder foundation. Spreads very well and coverage is great and easy to build and customize. Stays on pretty long although you will have to retouch a couple of times throughout the day. However it is very pigmented so a little goes a long way. Doesn't look cakey or dry, even if I for some reason forget to moisturize. I would recommend this to anyone.

on 3/16/2016 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this in G20 which is the perfect shade for me (very pale olive-yellow undertones). I was hyped to find the ingredients on the Cover FX website looked good and would not likely give me acne. I was so wrong. I ended up returning this after half my face broke out in painful acne, as I must have gotten an older compact. Three Shoppers I visited did not have my shade in the new formula, so I have given up on this for now. Mine had ethylhexyl palmitate in it as the 2nd ingredient despite the Cover FX website stating it did not. Had this worked for me, I would have really enjoyed it. Coverage was medium, buildable and looked natural and not cakey when applied with a brush.

Apparently the formula changed 2 years ago, and given that the compact has a 2 year expiry, I'd bet I bought expired product, or maybe they are still selling old product to get rid of it. I had hoped to exchange it for the newer version, but sadly had to just get a refund.

Having said that, I will use and will continue to use their concealer, but I suggest if you are acne prone to really look at the ingredients to make sure you are getting one of the new formulations.

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/12/2016 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I actually quite like the convenience of this being that it's a mineral foundation which I didn't notice until a few weeks after I got it.

It has a good shade range although I find the "G" shades which are supposed to be more yellow are actually more golden/peach. I used G30(NC20-25ish or C3) and G40(NC30-35 or C4) but I believe they have a G+40 or something which is more olive and I think will match me better so the color range is pretty good. Although not all the foundations have that olive range. I'd say the "G" range is similar to the "C" range with MAC

I think this is better than the pressed mineral foundation from Bare Minerals by far.
The two things that I really dislike about this is,
1. It's Definitely not a full coverage foundation. It goes on more sheer even with a dense synthetic kabuki brush.
I really have to build it up compared to my face powder foundation (studio fix) and it'll go to a fairly good light/medium coverage once built up.

2. Like most mineral foundations it gives your skin that sort of glow/luminescence that I don't particularly like on my oily skin.
I'd rather have a matte foundation where I can give the luminescent look where I want it rather than all over.
It's a little too much for me and emphasizes my under eye darkness since the luminescent aspect highlights my inner cheek area making my under eyes look deeper and making my smile line area look deeper as well.
So basically, it ages me.

If you like that luminescent/not so matte powder then definitely pick this up. I don't find that it emphasizes any dry areas.
If you're normal, dry or combination then this would work great.
It does stay on on my oily skin but I end up looking super greasy but my skin is quite oily.
Also, if you try touching up with this powder it'll look cakey. It's a foundation, it's expected.
If you want to get rid of the shine/touch up then I'd suggest getting a blotting powder which won't cause the caking like the one from CoverFX which was decent but I prefer Palladio

on 3/29/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This wasn't terrible, but it's a bit chalky and provides very light coverage on me, not full coverage as advertised. I also find that it cakes on my oil skin mid-day. Won't repurchase.

Expensive, cakey, and settles into fine lines.

The coverage was great and looked pretty good. Sometimes it settles in the pores but it's a powder so it's to be expected.
It blends well with the coverFx liquid foundation brush.

However, I had to return it because it broke me out in the chin area. I also got a pimple on an area that I never have pimples (cheek).

I would recommend it to a friend who is not irritated by the formula.

The search continues for my sensitive troubled skin.

on 5/2/2013 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is a review for the Cover Fx pressed mineral foundation. BEWARE if you are acne prone, the SECOND ingredient is "Ethylhexyl Palmitate" a comedogenic ingredient. I break out everysingle time I use this to my annoyance. Otherwise a very beautiful powder, cover fx HAD to put a comedogenc ingredient in a foundation for sensitive skin. Shame

on 4/26/2013 11:38:00 AM

I bought this on a recommendation from a Sephora sales associate. She knew I was looking for something good for my skin and to cover up the acne/scars I have around my chin/jaw line area (hormones-_-). I think this product would be better for me in the summer though. I have eczema which mainly is bad in the winter and my skin gets dry patches and this makes any dry patch stand out terribly. I kind of feel like it also seemed to be cakey in areas where I was broken out, even though I blended it really well using a mineral powder brush. I have a little bit left so once it's warmer I will try it again, however, it's too expensive and I probably wont even use it so much in the summer so I doubt I would buy it again.

on 2/19/2013 6:43:00 PM

I sometimes end up with dry skin on my forehead, around my nose and my chin, however, this product works when that happens. It is easy to apply on to the entire face. I do not need to use any concealers because this powder covers up a large portion of my imperfections (I have a few acne scars on my cheeks). I'm pretty much happy with the end result when I apply this all over my face and along my jawline. It lasts all day for me.

There are two things I have a problem with this product. First, after an hour or two, this powder oxidizes on my face. I use E40 shade (very close match to my skin colour) and it turns darker and slightly pink like it was a completely different shade.
Second, it's too expensive...

on 2/17/2013 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best mineral foundation hands down. I have tried nearly every other one BE, laura mercer, every day minerals, about 3 other brans i dont remember from oniine AND every department store minera/powderl foundation.

This one trumps them all in every way.
Staying power great on my oily skin when i set it with mac blot.
Coverage is full with out being cakey and obvious
no shimmer
no bismuth
i have very reactive skin and almost every product breaks me out this one does NOT do that! i have no break outs or clogged pores from this.

i never wrote a review before and i hope this one is helpful but i think the most helpful thing i can say is JUST TRY THIS if you are in need of a full coverage powder foundation and your skin is acne prone. like i mentioned it lasts much longer when set with mac blot or something similar