Cover FX Powder FX Mineral Powder Foundation

Cover FX Powder FX Mineral Powder Foundation

3.9

Mica, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Silica, Kaolin, Lauroyl Lysine, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dehydroacetic Acid, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phytosphingosine, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Ethyl Oleate. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this and plan to purchase it I tried it out for a couple of days in the color G40+ my only gripe is Sephora does not carry in stores the G+ shade range and it took some time for me to figure out my coloring since I had to order online and test them out. G40 was a bit to light especially on my forehead, and G50 was a tad dark. I can get away with it but doesn't complement my skin the way G40+ does. It last and I like that its a mineral powder in a compact because it makes for touch up's easy. Where as my bare mineral's it's hard to carry that with you and touch up your face. I can wear this alone buffed out or wet (I usually don't wet the compact powder itself) or as a dry powder over my foundation if you wanted much heavier coverage, I wore this with a loose face Powder lightly brushed over my face all day walking around sightseeing in Austin, Texas on a hot summer day and it looked nice all day into the night.

on 5/30/2017 5:31:00 PM

I tried this powder with high hopes because I found out that the company does not test on animals which is something I look for in my cosmetic products but like others have said it has a very damaging side effect which ruins any positive aspects it may have: It breaks you out!

Pros I found were that it did have decent coverage and I liked how even your skin appeared at first. It also lasts long enough imo to last a day. Oh and the colour match for my skin was very close.

However, the cons outweigh the pros by a mile when I realized that
1) it cakes and looks chaulky after an hour or so
2) it sort of sits atop your skin instead of meshing with the oils naturally
3) As I mentioned above, the biggest problem is that it will and does break you out. Or at least it did me. I am just finally getting my skin back to normal after not using this product for 3 days. I do have sensitive skin but I have used other powders that did not produce the disaster that this one did.

Unfortunately, I will never repurchase and they have scared me away from using other products of theirs considering I don't know how my skin will react to the way they manufacture.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

G+50 is a beautiful neutral olive shade for those who are NC37-40 depth. It's still a little bit golden on my very muted cool yellow skin, but it's far more workable than most other foundations I've tried. I was initially really frustrated with this powder because I'd get like 0 coverage, and it was impossible to build. Applying concealer underneath on spots I want to be covered better works well under the powder, but then I'd notice certain areas looked more "covered" than others because of the concealer, and the lack of coverage on other areas, plus I would get oily very quickly and foundation would just disappear -- even when set with setting powder.

I figured out a solution to this horrid product. Wet brush. I know the product suggests using a wet sponge (which I haven't so maybe that's better, but a regular sponge did nothing), but wetting my brush a little essentially made this a medium buildable foundation that flawlessly blends my concealer, hyperpigmented areas with the rest of my face. Set with some powder on top, it lasts a good while and stays in place! It still weirdly moves around my nose, but that's not difficult to touch up. It does end up looking cakey by the end of the day, and if you're not careful with how wet your brush is, it can apply horribly. I've used this powder for only a week and I've already hit pan, that's how much I have to use to get any coverage.

on 4/10/2016 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this product. It's my favorite (and only one I will use, really) powder foundation. Spreads very well and coverage is great and easy to build and customize. Stays on pretty long although you will have to retouch a couple of times throughout the day. However it is very pigmented so a little goes a long way. Doesn't look cakey or dry, even if I for some reason forget to moisturize. I would recommend this to anyone.

on 3/16/2016 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this in G20 which is the perfect shade for me (very pale olive-yellow undertones). I was hyped to find the ingredients on the Cover FX website looked good and would not likely give me acne. I was so wrong. I ended up returning this after half my face broke out in painful acne, as I must have gotten an older compact. Three Shoppers I visited did not have my shade in the new formula, so I have given up on this for now. Mine had ethylhexyl palmitate in it as the 2nd ingredient despite the Cover FX website stating it did not. Had this worked for me, I would have really enjoyed it. Coverage was medium, buildable and looked natural and not cakey when applied with a brush.

Apparently the formula changed 2 years ago, and given that the compact has a 2 year expiry, I'd bet I bought expired product, or maybe they are still selling old product to get rid of it. I had hoped to exchange it for the newer version, but sadly had to just get a refund.

Having said that, I will use and will continue to use their concealer, but I suggest if you are acne prone to really look at the ingredients to make sure you are getting one of the new formulations.

on 2/12/2016 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I actually quite like the convenience of this being that it's a mineral foundation which I didn't notice until a few weeks after I got it.

It has a good shade range although I find the "G" shades which are supposed to be more yellow are actually more golden/peach. I used G30(NC20-25ish or C3) and G40(NC30-35 or C4) but I believe they have a G+40 or something which is more olive and I think will match me better so the color range is pretty good. Although not all the foundations have that olive range. I'd say the "G" range is similar to the "C" range with MAC

I think this is better than the pressed mineral foundation from Bare Minerals by far.
The two things that I really dislike about this is,
1. It's Definitely not a full coverage foundation. It goes on more sheer even with a dense synthetic kabuki brush.
I really have to build it up compared to my face powder foundation (studio fix) and it'll go to a fairly good light/medium coverage once built up.

2. Like most mineral foundations it gives your skin that sort of glow/luminescence that I don't particularly like on my oily skin.
I'd rather have a matte foundation where I can give the luminescent look where I want it rather than all over.
It's a little too much for me and emphasizes my under eye darkness since the luminescent aspect highlights my inner cheek area making my under eyes look deeper and making my smile line area look deeper as well.
So basically, it ages me.

If you like that luminescent/not so matte powder then definitely pick this up. I don't find that it emphasizes any dry areas.
If you're normal, dry or combination then this would work great.
It does stay on on my oily skin but I end up looking super greasy but my skin is quite oily.
Also, if you try touching up with this powder it'll look cakey. It's a foundation, it's expected.
If you want to get rid of the shine/touch up then I'd suggest getting a blotting powder which won't cause the caking like the one from CoverFX which was decent but I prefer Palladio

on 3/29/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This wasn't terrible, but it's a bit chalky and provides very light coverage on me, not full coverage as advertised. I also find that it cakes on my oil skin mid-day. Won't repurchase.

Expensive, cakey, and settles into fine lines.

The coverage was great and looked pretty good. Sometimes it settles in the pores but it's a powder so it's to be expected.
It blends well with the coverFx liquid foundation brush.

However, I had to return it because it broke me out in the chin area. I also got a pimple on an area that I never have pimples (cheek).

I would recommend it to a friend who is not irritated by the formula.

The search continues for my sensitive troubled skin.

on 5/2/2013 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is a review for the Cover Fx pressed mineral foundation. BEWARE if you are acne prone, the SECOND ingredient is "Ethylhexyl Palmitate" a comedogenic ingredient. I break out everysingle time I use this to my annoyance. Otherwise a very beautiful powder, cover fx HAD to put a comedogenc ingredient in a foundation for sensitive skin. Shame