Essence Lipstick (All Shades)

Essence Lipstick (All Shades)

Price: $

Price: $

castor seed oil; lanolin; octyldodecanol; myristyl lactate; ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate; trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone; mica; bisdigkyceryl polyacyladipate-2; candelilla wax; polyethylene; calcium aluminum borosilicate; pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate; carnuba wax; sucrose acetate isobutyrate; vp/hexadecene copolymer; tocopheryl acetate; c10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters; bisabolol; pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhdrocinnamate; tocopherol; silica; tin oxide; talc; parfum. may contain: ci 15850; ci 19140; ci 42090; ci 45380; ci 45410; ci 73360; ci 75470; ci 77491; ci 77492; ci 77499; ci 77510; ci 77820; ci 77891

on 4/1/2017 5:21:00 PM

The packaging on these is different now. I have two of the shiny ones, one long lasting which it really isn't but the colors pretty and just recently bought two mattes numbers 2 and 3...I like 2 its similar to velvet teddy and its creamy but does wear matte and its lasting. Number 3 I don't like the color once applied it looks nude in the tube but on the lips it's a color similar to mac captive but not as dark but its not a nude in my opinion. Overall essence lipsticks are 2.99 to 3.99 and for the price you can't go wrong. I think the packaging is cute too but the lids crack easily. I will continue to check out more products by them. I have eyeshadow and blush too from essence that I like very much. Overall for their prices the packaging is cute and sturdy as opposed to some other cheap priced companies. I am sure they will expand and continue to make good quality products...bring it on im always looking for new make up to try.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I loved the color of 05, for the full minute it lasted on my lips before disappearing, but I got to taste and smell it for the next few hours. I did not find this to be a worthwhile purchase, even for the $5. This particular color is extremely close to MAC's Viva Glam II, which is my favorite lipstick, it's just a touch more nude, where this is slightly more mauve.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Colors are pretty and good for layering. But the quality is not really great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought it on sale for as cheap as 1,5 €. No regrets. It creates matte look (although description doesn't say that itself) without additional means. However it dries my lips out painfully. Hard to stay with it without additional lip gloss/plumper. Wouldn't buy it for the whole price.

Truly a one of a kind find at the drugstore! Its about 4$CAD for a lipstick and the color pigmentation is as good as any high end lipstick. They are matte in colour but satin in finish, They feel hydrating, not drying at all and stay on fairly well! Super creamy and blendable!
PROS:
- Price tag
- Color selection (many nudes)
- Pigmentation
- Creaminess and lightweight feel on the lips
- Longevity
CONS:
- Subtle chemical smell
- Cheap plastic packaging

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I bought the shade 06 from the long lasting collection, I think its name is barely there and I've heard it is a potential dupe for mac velvet teddy. It feels really nice and creamy on the lips. I am quite pale so for me this was a really good nude shade, a little lighter than my own lips. There is a slight crayon smell to the product but its not overpowering. It's a satin finish which I do tend to prefer for nudes, particularly if I'm in a rush as it's easier to apply and just looks better on my lips. There is a slight shine depending on the lighting.

I also bought the shade 03 from the matt matt matt collection and I think it is called wow effect. It's a brighter shade than barely there, like a bright mauve on me, perhaps a little too bright as its more pink toned than purple. While this is a matte shade it isn't drying, you can rub your lips together and it feels slightly creamy. There is a sweet smell with this one and I can smell it from time to time, it isn't too strong but I wish it didn't have the smell to be honest.

I may repurchase barely there unless I find the colour elsewhere however wow effect is a definite no.

Edit: so I ended up buying a couple more colours from the matt range, 06 (darkish red), 02 (pinky nude) and 07 (purple) and actually really like them. I'm slowly growing out my dark hair dye and the colours suit my lighter hair a lot more, before the nude shades would wash me out whereas now they look a lot more flattering.

on 12/4/2014 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought a discontinued nude color..packaging is flimsy and cheap, but product itself is great. I think these are really great summer/spring lipsticks. They are really light feeling and have a good color payoff. They are not concentrated with pigment so you are not going to get super saturated color. I am a big lipstick fan (worshipper) so I know every coverage of lipstick has a place. This one is for sweet, happy times when you don't want to be too serious. I used this on my sister who hates lipstick and even she liked it.

I have not bought anymore of these lipsticks not because they are bad, but because the color selection is a little limited and my own color selection in my kit is pretty extensive. I would buy more if a color really struck me. I know Essence has come out with a new line that seems really nice.

I don't like this lipsticks so big glitter there aren't pigmented

This lipstick is great for low price and beautiful color. I currently own "All About Cupcake" and I love it!!! The color is gorgeous, lipstick is smooth, and the price is unbelievable. There is a good amount of product too. I think the only people who would no enjoy this lipstick are people who don't like re applying. But if you don't mind that, then definitely try!!!

on 4/3/2015 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have so many of these. :<

The reason why I keep buying more is that these lipsticks are very cheap, yet very hydrating with a nice color payoff. They aren't the most pigmented lipsticks out there, but then again not many lipsticks are so hydrating and I love them for that.