Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint

Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint
Twisted Peppermint

3.6

a refreshing mix of spearmint and mandarin, layered with iced peppermint, vanilla extract and sugar musk.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really like twisted peppermint for the holidays and even for a quick pick me up spritz in the body products. However, I find that this candle is just not very strong. I only like to burn this next to my bed if I am watching a movie or readying otherwise I cannot smell it. The scent itself is a nice peppermint with the right amount of sweetness.

on 11/28/2015 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First of all I think Bath and Body Works candles have an excellent formula! The scent stays true throughout the entire candle. The price is great (about $22 for one candle), but there is almost always a deal going on! The twisted peppermint candle is a winter cult classic, and I can see why! It's very minty with a hint of vanilla, and it has notes of sweetness. I love to burn this in my room for an hour, it leaves the space with a Christmas minty scent for the rest of the day! If strong scents bother you though, I would recommend only burning it for about 10 to 20 minutes, then it would be far less strong. But these candles have strong fragrance, some might not like that. The packaging is very cute and functional! Another candle I would recommend is the White Barn Vanilla Bean, it is one of my favorites! Overall, I think that this is a great buy, and it smells amazing!

To Read all 17 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/1/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the scent of this candle! The peppermint & faint vanilla is wonderful and while the throw is great its not too strong either.

This candle scent has always been a holiday favorite of mine!

on 10/6/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this candle on a whim at an end-of-season sale earlier this year and packed it away for when the weather turns colder. I tried it out over the weekend, and wow! It's a creamy peppermint fragrance that really fills a room. Probably a bit much for people who don't like minty fragrances. I can even smell the candle a bit when it is not burning. I think it's terrific, but then I like fresh, minty fragrances.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this scent it's fresh and a very Christmasy scent that isn't overpowering.I will agree with another poster that once blown out, this scent doesn't linger, but hey I have bath and body plug ins with staying scent power

on 4/21/2014 9:46:00 AM

So I got this candle after eyeing it for ages. The scent was a perfect balance between peppermint & a little bit of vanilla. I loved it. During the first burn the candle started smelling a bit like burnt wax mixed with peppermint.That was alright as the smell of burnt wax was really light. When I extinguished the wicks(which were thin), they had lumps formed on the top. The next day when I ignited the wicks the lump things exploded and there were black pieces of those lumps all over the white wax, I cleaned it out & trimmed the wicks & removed the remaining lumps.
After which I reignited the wicks & I could hardly smell anything except for burnt wax. The lumps form again during every burn.The candle jar smells disgusting, just like the burning candle, which smells worse.
I just hate it.
I am highly disappointed by the performance of this candle. I would never ever even reconsider buying it again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I thought this was ok. My nose detected a vanilla/ peppermint hybrid, though I thought it could be heavier on the peppermint. I bought the small candle size and was surprised how strong the aroma was when I used it.The scent lingered well for a couple of hours which was nice. I prefer other scents to this, but this is good to burn during the winter.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really don't understand any negative reviews on this product because this is my absolute favorite candle of all time. I LOVE peppermint flavoured or scented anything and when I smelled this I instantly fell in love. I bought it just before Christmas and its gone already - now I'm kicking myself for not getting a backup. I have NEVER smelled a candle so close to the scent of the real thing. Those who say it smells like anything else other than pure peppermint must have a faulty product because I cannot believe how real this smells - when its just sitting there and when its being burned. The scent spreads nicely and lingers in my place for hours afterward - anyone who walked into my house said "I smell candy canes"! Its embarrassing how much time I spent just sitting with the unlit candle to my nose enjoying the scent of it. I'm obsessed with this and if I could give it a million lipsticks I gladly would. Got this on a 2/$20 deal so its well worth the $10 in my opinion! I had no trouble with the wicks and it burned evenly right to the bottom. This better come back out next Christmas because I'll be buying a supply of these to last me all year round!!!

on 5/25/2012 12:17:00 AM

I bought this on sale for $6 during an after-Christmas sale. I've never been a fan of the Twisted Peppermint lotions, sprays, shower gels, etc. but I thought it would be a nice home fragrance. The scent isn't too complex...vanilla and peppermint, not much else. It's a nice sweet, cozy smell that's especially nice for the colder months.
While the scent is nice, this doesn't have the throw that most Bath and Body Works candles do. B&BW and Yankee candles can literally smell up my entire (small) apartment, but this doesn't throw much further than the room it's burning in. Even sitting right next to this, the scent is very soft. I know I got this for sale, but for $20 full-price, I want a strong smell that will linger. I've gotten compliments on how nice my room smells, but only while this is burning. Once you blow it out, the scent is gone.
Overall, not my favorite Bath and Body Works candle. I've had a better throw from their itty-bitty sampler candles in other scents. I'll definitely continue to buy more candles from them, but next holiday season I won't be going for this one.

on 2/13/2012 2:35:00 AM

These have the sharpest, most foul scent when burnt, but if melted or simply smelled, it is fine... It's unfortunate that it's not the same when actually a burning candle! :(

Popular Candles