Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

4.1

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Sadly, this stuff is getting hard to find!

I use it as an everyday blush/highlighter/powder combo when I want an all over glowy appearance. It has some shimmer in it, and if you swirl your brush over the entire thing - including the pink heart - it gives a great pinkish sheen to the skin. Like others have said, the label is misleading because this is FAR from translucent as there is color and shimmer in here, but I'm so glad I tried it anyway.

Its become my holy grail combo-everything face powder!

As for the happiness booster claims...I have no idea. I can't really detect any scent in it, which is what I assume is supposed to lift your mood, but it makes me feel good because I think it makes me look good, so hey!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

This is a beautiful product and fun to use but I found for my skin it was too much sparkle. Kept trying to love it for me but finally passed it down to my niece. I found my old favorite Physician's Formula highlighter again and am happily using it instead.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for a couple of months and have grown dependent on it. A few days ago, after applying makeup, I was looking in the mirror thinking,"What's wrong with me? I look sick." Then I realized I had forgotten my Happy Booster. A couple of swipes, and there was the healthy glow I've become accustomed to. The smell sweet, violet fragrance is nice, and the mirror is handy. I love it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

What is with gluing the compact into the box? Nail-break city. I bought this because it was just too cute, but feared it might be a mistake because I have Rosacea and migraine headaches that are often triggered by smell. I thought the "pop of pink" would be too much - as is my face flushes so red that you would think "baboon butt" if you saw it. I was wrong - and am very pleased to say so. I use a big fluffy kabuki brush which blends the colors better than the one they give you. It sets and covers the yellow color corrector (a DHC product that has been discontinued) I use as well, without looking completely matte or mask-like. It gives me a nice glow. And it also works for me without the yellow corrector underneath to make my extremely rosy face much more normal looking without the powder caking up in every line. I even like the little pink heart - it works well in the blend. I'm still using the Mary Kay blush that I bought in 1990 that I have to use when I do the whole corrector, foundation and loose powder thing, but you can still read the imprint on the blush, so that tells you how little I appreciate pink on the whole. And the scent? I love it. Strong enough to smell when I apply, not a migraine trigger for me, and fades fast enough not to be obnoxious around other odor-sensitive people. I'm calling it a winner.

I put off buying this for a long time but I finally bought it, and I'm so glad that I did! I was a little wary because it looks like it'll be a glitterbomb on your face, but it's so subtle, even when used as an all-over face powder... really gorgeous. I usually matte myself into oblivion every day, so that's high praise coming from me. Definitely a good look for summer. The smell of this is amazing and while I doubt the claims of any inherent mood-boosting properties, looking at and smelling this product every morning does put a smile on my face. The packaging is really well-designed, but the brush is (as others have mentioned) too stiff for the product and will scrape and ruin the pretty design. The only downside to this powder is the price - I spent 14. I think it was worth every penny, but it seems really exorbitant for drugstore makeup.

Pros:
-I do feel happy wearing this. I'm not sure if it's truly from the powder or if it's just a placebo-type effect.
-pearl glow to my skin. It gives this pearly glow yet it's matte. Very obvious that it's your skin that looks great and not oily looking!

Cons:
-Color. I'm a pale olive skinned woman. I don't expect everything to be perfect but Physicians formula tends to screw this up all the time. They tend to thing that all women are stuck in this medium-shade zone at the lightest. In other words this is about 1-2 shades off (I apply it with a light hand too so without that it'd probably be about 3-4 shades off minimum).
-Random pink heart thrown in. Seriously? Why is there a pink in there? They make a blush separate from this! All the pink heart does is make this look more pink on me.

I tried depotting this to see if the pink heart was the problem with the pink in this. It was not. The entire compact is pink and thus I ended up throwing this away.

I do like this product as a highlighter for my face. I add some on my cheekbones after my blush and it makes me look more awake, and "glowy". I said I wouldnt buy it again because with the little amount that I use, it will last a very long time.

Bought this on a splurge and ended up really liking it -- the case is cute (although, as always, w/PF the brush is useless), the highlight/shimmer of this is very natural and flattering, and the little hearts pattern on it is adorable. I think the idea of "happiness extract" or whatever the claims are for this are ridiculous, but the cute packaging and product do make me smile, and for $12 that's enough happiness boosting for me. If you have large pores this may be a highlighter that you can actually enjoy using. So - heck yeah, I'm happy! If these stay on sale, I may spring for the blushes. I'm pretty sure this is a limited edition thing, but if it's still available when I run out, I'd purchase it again.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

To my surprise, I like this powder. Once I got past the gimmick, and put away the hammer and chisel I needed to use to actually open the box it was in, I found a nicely pigmented, long lasting, glow producing product. The glow was from the pink "hearts" not the happy boosting, or the violet scent, which I did not get much of. I may go and purchase on of the blushes too...