Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

Filtered by hair type : Curly

4.1

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Sadly, this stuff is getting hard to find!

I use it as an everyday blush/highlighter/powder combo when I want an all over glowy appearance. It has some shimmer in it, and if you swirl your brush over the entire thing - including the pink heart - it gives a great pinkish sheen to the skin. Like others have said, the label is misleading because this is FAR from translucent as there is color and shimmer in here, but I'm so glad I tried it anyway.

Its become my holy grail combo-everything face powder!

As for the happiness booster claims...I have no idea. I can't really detect any scent in it, which is what I assume is supposed to lift your mood, but it makes me feel good because I think it makes me look good, so hey!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has been an amazing highlighting powder for me. For reference I have 30yr old, very fair and neutral undertoned skin that leans ever so slightly warm. I'm also very prone to clogged pores and have large/visible pores. If I wore MAC I'd currently wear N10 but can pull off NC15 at my darkest. I also have med-brown hair & eyes.

I'm typically a liquid highlighter kind of gal. Products like Benefit HighBeam, ELF Lilac Petal Facial Whip, Hard Candy Glow All The Way in Doll Face, & Rimmel Wake Me Up Liquid Luminizer/shade001 are my "go-to fool-proof highlighters". For whatever reason, all of the powder highlighters I try seem to give me a "sheen" rather than a "glow" and that sheen isn't flattering on my personal skin type/tone and in some cases will enhance my already visible pores which is simply not flattering no matter what. So I completely quit looking in the direction of powder highlighters for quite some time until recently I wanted something to be able to quickly dust on in a pinch on days I'm not wearing other makeup(foundation) and get a "glowing from within" kind of look. Being a stay at home mom of two, I don't need to(or have the time!) to do up a full face of makeup daily, but I still like to try to look my best at the same time. After reading raves regarding this Happy Booster Translucent Powder I figured I'd give it a go and am so glad that I did!
Obviously the brush that is included with this (&with ALL the Happy Booster products) is not the ideal brush for application. I don't even know if it would work in a pinch as it's very scratchy & doesn't pick up the right amount of product to apply. I'm currently rotating around a few different brushes with this but am finding my results are similar with all three.. (which are ELF $3 Studio Mini Kabuki, ELF $1 Professional Total Face Brush, & WalMart's "HD Powder Brush", for reference). On average days, I'll just take one of those large/fluffy brushes, swirl it around on the powder, then dust it all over my face, focusing on my mid forehead, down the middle of my nose, upper cheekbones, &cupids bow. I also(more recently)started trying to pick up individual shades (the "hearts" contain different colors) -with a small-med size concealer or eyeshadow blending brush. The "hearts" in this compact are all large enough that with a concealer/eyeshadow type brush I can dip in and get any of the particular shades that I want on their own. (&Have been also doing this w/the "Light Bronzer"Happy Booster)
My Translucent Happy Booster contains one large white heart, one small pink heart, one medium toned peach heart, and also a couple of bronzey colored hearts that are scattered around. They're all on a baby pink shade background.(Where there are gaps/spaces in between the hearts, that's where the baby pink background is)
I have to say, the packaging is a tad on the bulky side and the included brush is pathetic.. But other than those minor issues I LOVE the pink packaging/compact along with the different heart shapes shades! My Happy Boosters are definitely some of the prettiest cosmetics that I own! (I also have the Light Bronzer and Happy Booster Blushes in Pink, Warm, & Natural which I hope to write individual reviews for soon!)
I also have slightly acne-prone but very clog-prone skin and was kind of concerned that this could break me out if I dusted it all over my face, specifically over the areas that are most prone to congestion (I don't typically have any issues on the areas of my cheeks where blush goes, so I've never experienced breakouts from any of my Happy Booster blushes, but doing a "dusting" all over my face with this did concern me..) But THANKFULLY I've experienced zero skin issues from the Translucent Pressed Powder and it's been about 2 months of continuous use now(Yay!)
Overall, I wouldn't even hesitate to repurchase.
I paid right around $11 USD for it at my local WalMart, it runs around $13-14 at other drugstores in my area, but quite often CVS and RiteAid stores have really great sales on Physicians Formula products, so it's easy to find them for less than that if you keep your eyes peeled :)
Definitely 5 lippie worthy!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It is a beautiful product, as others have mentioned just a little too much sparkle unfortunately.

I do use it occasionally, but just as a highlighter above my blush on my cheeks.

Smells fantastic, and stays on really well. It really is a shame it has so much shine. I am trying to find ways to use it, like on my brow bone and even as a body powder. Just not so much on my face.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great highlighting powder and I'm not talking about shimmer and glitter. This gives off a nice satin finish absolutely perfect for that inner glow look. I gave it a 4 only because in my opinion when applied all over on medium to dark skin tones it can give off almost an ashy appearance so that's why I only apply it to specific spot like on the higher parts of my cheeks, t-zone, and high part of brows, sparingly of course. The result...lots of looks from people admiring your gorgeous glowing skin.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Bought this when it was 40% off at CVS and had the $5 coupon....so it was cheap at that moment.
PROS
**Very cute packaging
**Nice smell
**Adds a beautiful glow without a very obvious shimmer
**Get a lot of product

CONS
**Bulky packaging
**Pricey for the product

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely despise any of PF liquid foundations, but have been having much success w/their powder highlighters, bronzers, etc. I love this. I love how you can swirl the pink heart to add a bit of a blushed look. Smells great, goes on smooth. I didn't use the brush it came with...I rarely ever use the brushes that are packaged w/the makeup i purchase. The only con is it was nearly $13 at Wally's!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought the translucent color in this blush, because every time I seem to purchase a product from PF it is too dark for me. I am very pleased with this blush! It does look gimmicky, but I love the way it looks over my MAC Matte Blush in Melba. It gives me a great glow, and I think it would look great alone, too. It does smell lovely, and as for the "Mood Boosting" formula, I don't buy it. But the product itself is wonderful.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

To my surprise, I like this powder. Once I got past the gimmick, and put away the hammer and chisel I needed to use to actually open the box it was in, I found a nicely pigmented, long lasting, glow producing product. The glow was from the pink "hearts" not the happy boosting, or the violet scent, which I did not get much of. I may go and purchase on of the blushes too...