Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 25-29

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

I really liked using this as a blush, till someone said I looked like a disco ball. It really is way too glittery/shimmery. I havent tried it as a highlighter yet, so I guess I will...

For reference I am very pale, NC10-15. The translucent shade did show up on me as a light pink blush color, but way too much sparkle!!!

I am big on illuminating face powders, and this WOULD be my HG if it didn't break apart every single time it gets about 2/3's of the way used. It creates a huge, disgusting mess when this product randomly breaks apart, and the packaging is just clumsy and awful. The top lid swings open very easily and is not protective of the product, while the mirror is protected like Fort Knox between two layers of compact. I HATE that! They should put it in a more protective, traditional style compact.

My skin makeup routine usually consists of this: primer, concealer, and a pretty, brightening powder to set it. I have tried tons of products like this, from Revlon SkinLights to Urban Decay products to higher-end, expensive stuff and Physician's Formula powders trump almost all the ones I've tried (that are still on the market) in giving me the shimmery, airbrushed finish that I like. I had been using PF Mineral Glow Pearls, but I dropped it once I tried the Happy Booster.

As for the product itself, I LOVE the shimmery, healthy glow it gives me! I have pale, cool toned skin and for me it's a fine line between being washed out by a too-light powder or looking orange and gross. I was skeptical when I saw that there was a bronze looking heart in the "Translucent" compact, but I decided to try it anyway. It does not have a bronzer effect. On me it imparts a pearly, natural finish with a nice pinkish glow. I don't need or use a blush with this powder. My skin tends to be red and irritated at times, and this really helps to make it look more even and it "perks up" my complexion without the phony bronzer look.

I would recommend it if you like a shimmery finish, or want to use it as a blush - but prepare for it to shatter into a billion pieces. I'm on my 4th compact already. I never travel with it in my purse because it's so shoddily packaged. That's why I can't give it five lipsticks. I do like the product enough to rate it four, despite the huge presentation flaws.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not sure what this powder is supposed to do, but it doesn't do anything for me on my NW20 skin. It doesn't leave a polished look, or shimmer, or anything really. The powder itself is cute with the multicolored pink hearts, but the shiny pink packaging is tacky and bulky. I usually love PF's powder products, but I regret spending my money on this.

I LOVE this product. Packaging is SUPER cute. I like the consistancy or texture. It doesn't dry out my skin or irritate it, like most other powders do. Smells divine. Super cute heart shapes on the product itself. I love this so much. the ONLY thing I don't like is that I need to apply another powder on my nose because it's oily and the rest of my face is dry... Which I imagine if it did take the shine from my nose, it would also dry out the rest of my face, so I am ok with using 2 different ones.

This is just the highlighter I've been looking for... at least that's how I like to use it. It's not as shimmery as other highlighters. I have a Chanel blush in Mocha which doesn't have any color payoff on my skin tone, but that I keep only because it adds the same kind of effortless subtle glow to my cheek. The fragrance is quite nice as well. Overall, I like it very much. For reference, I am NC30 with combination skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product, Smells good and creates a great powdery soft glow. I just love it. I think the mineral powder with the swirl offers better coverage, but this is enough for me usually. Have to be careful how you swirl your applicator because you could get too much pinky in the wrong place from that heart, but it is okay just need to be careful. Not enough of a flaw to not LOVE it.

One note, I hate the brush on these. It is okay for blush but no good for powder. I use a soft cushy applicator from the body shop. Fits perfect. A nice powder puff is awesome for these...

This is such a lovely product! I am a bit of a sucker for cute packaging and design, so I fell immediately for this sweet little compact.

Ultimately, this product reminds me of a toned-down Mineralized Skinfinish from MAC. Just a tiny deposit of glow as opposed to a sheet of shimmer. This can be swept over the entire face for a subtle touch of luminosity with a slight kiss of warm color.

As for the scent, it might not be everybody's cup of tea. I, personally, adore it because it reminds me of 80s childhood (not the greatest description, but the one that most accurately describes it for me)!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I'm using the medium shade of this powder instead of Translucent as Translucent seemed like it would be too pale even though it is supposed to be translucent lol Anyways... this is totally gimmicky but very cute and that is why I bought it. I needed a new powder and while the blushes looked tempting, the last thing I need is another blush. So I could still get the cute design and cute pink compact and get my kicks.

The packaging is very MineralWear but a metallic pink. Main powder compacts lifts up to expose a mirror and brush. The brush is cute too... two toned bright and dark pink. The powder has little hearts all over it which will last until you dive deep enough into the powder to fully buff them away. There's about 3 different colors of powder in the pallete and then one bright pink heart powder. When I bought it, it did have a pretty noticeable violet scent. After using it for 2 weeks I really have to stick my nose right to the powder to smell it. For some people that would be a plus, for me.... dammit I liked my violet scented powder.

The product itself is nice. The powder is pretty soft, milled fine. Leaves a nice finish w/o being matte or shiny. Just natural. The little pop of pink can be avoided but it actually works to liven up the skintone.

Of course it doesn't make you happy lol... but the cuteness factor might! I think it is a little silly for PF to claim it is mood boosting but I don't think anyone would take much stock in that anyways.