Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.9

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I was a bit hesitant in purchasing this after reading some negative reviews. I guess it could be the case for some people as a translucent powder should be one that enhances your foundation and sets it in. This could however be misled with its packaging. I would call this a highlighter instead because it really does a great job at it. I guess the company needs to rename this into a highlighter or something.

Its probably even better than benefits high beam in terms of highlighting. I absolutely love it!!!! It lasts the whole day on me. I come home from a windy day and its still intact! I use it to highlight my cheekbones and various other parts on my face and it does an amazing job. Only downside once again is the packaging. I dislike how the brush has to be placed under the product. It makes it more likely for the powder particles to fall out when you flip it over to get the brush. I also heard negative reviews for the brush about how stiff it is and how harsh it is on the skin. I guess it varies.. i think the brush is not bad. It doesn't even hurt my skin. It feels soft to me anyway and i feel it helps me control the amount of product that goes onto my face. I would definitely repurchase in the future. Even though the price in Australia is much higher than it is in other countries.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

As other reviewers have mentioned, this powder is way too shimmery to be used as an all over face powder. It makes for a decent highlighter. The level of "glow" that this gives is somewhere between that of the typical highlighter and MAC lightscapade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It is a beautiful product, as others have mentioned just a little too much sparkle unfortunately.

I do use it occasionally, but just as a highlighter above my blush on my cheeks.

Smells fantastic, and stays on really well. It really is a shame it has so much shine. I am trying to find ways to use it, like on my brow bone and even as a body powder. Just not so much on my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Update: I've changed my repurchase from a 'yes' to a 'no'. As I got to the very bottom of the pan, the little pink heart worked against me as every swipe with my puff would pick up a lot of colour with barely any translucent powder. That's not enough to change my rating of the product itself (which is still excellent, IMO), but I have moved onto what I feel for now is a better powder suited for my needs (Marcelle loose powder in medium translucent).

--------

I love this powder, and it's so close to HG status for me if it weren't for the price! At $20 CAD, this stuff's not cheap! However, I would be willing to repurchase at that price due to its performance.

The compact is cute, but bulky. However, since I use the Ecotools powder puff, the roomy bottom compartment is very handy. The powder itself is truly translucent and is not too hard or too soft. I apply with a puff which can pick up more product than a brush, but the finish is never cakey so it's not a problem. Once applied, the finish is absolutely beautiful. I've searched high and low for a powder that can keep the oilies at bay without an unnaturally matte finish. This is it! There are tiny imperceptible shimmers in the powder that gives me a matte but lively look. I swipe over the little pink heart for cheek applications to add to that effect.

I have oily-combo skin with a ridiculously oily t-zone. Almay's Clear Complexion foundation helps with that, but I do touch up with this powder throughout the day. Its oil control power is as good as any other powders that are geared towards super oily skins. If for some reason I do have a dry patch, the powder does not emphasize it at all.

All in all, the powder is almost perfect if not for its high price! Also, as always more oil control would be great, but I've tried a lot of blotting powders and even though this powder doesn't market itself as one, it performs just as well. Physician's Formula does not test on animals, and for all those reasons I would continue to repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Bought this when it was 40% off at CVS and had the $5 coupon....so it was cheap at that moment.
PROS
**Very cute packaging
**Nice smell
**Adds a beautiful glow without a very obvious shimmer
**Get a lot of product

CONS
**Bulky packaging
**Pricey for the product

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product, Smells good and creates a great powdery soft glow. I just love it. I think the mineral powder with the swirl offers better coverage, but this is enough for me usually. Have to be careful how you swirl your applicator because you could get too much pinky in the wrong place from that heart, but it is okay just need to be careful. Not enough of a flaw to not LOVE it.

One note, I hate the brush on these. It is okay for blush but no good for powder. I use a soft cushy applicator from the body shop. Fits perfect. A nice powder puff is awesome for these...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely despise any of PF liquid foundations, but have been having much success w/their powder highlighters, bronzers, etc. I love this. I love how you can swirl the pink heart to add a bit of a blushed look. Smells great, goes on smooth. I didn't use the brush it came with...I rarely ever use the brushes that are packaged w/the makeup i purchase. The only con is it was nearly $13 at Wally's!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought the translucent color in this blush, because every time I seem to purchase a product from PF it is too dark for me. I am very pleased with this blush! It does look gimmicky, but I love the way it looks over my MAC Matte Blush in Melba. It gives me a great glow, and I think it would look great alone, too. It does smell lovely, and as for the "Mood Boosting" formula, I don't buy it. But the product itself is wonderful.