Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 25-29

3.8

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

I really liked using this as a blush, till someone said I looked like a disco ball. It really is way too glittery/shimmery. I havent tried it as a highlighter yet, so I guess I will...

For reference I am very pale, NC10-15. The translucent shade did show up on me as a light pink blush color, but way too much sparkle!!!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was looking for a pressed version of my Guerlain Meteorites. This is not it. In fact, this product was too pink-toned to work well for me. It just seems to be alot of glitter, sparkle, and added too much pink to my foundation when used as a setting powder. For how much this costs, I don't want glitter face. No Thank you.

I am big on illuminating face powders, and this WOULD be my HG if it didn't break apart every single time it gets about 2/3's of the way used. It creates a huge, disgusting mess when this product randomly breaks apart, and the packaging is just clumsy and awful. The top lid swings open very easily and is not protective of the product, while the mirror is protected like Fort Knox between two layers of compact. I HATE that! They should put it in a more protective, traditional style compact.

My skin makeup routine usually consists of this: primer, concealer, and a pretty, brightening powder to set it. I have tried tons of products like this, from Revlon SkinLights to Urban Decay products to higher-end, expensive stuff and Physician's Formula powders trump almost all the ones I've tried (that are still on the market) in giving me the shimmery, airbrushed finish that I like. I had been using PF Mineral Glow Pearls, but I dropped it once I tried the Happy Booster.

As for the product itself, I LOVE the shimmery, healthy glow it gives me! I have pale, cool toned skin and for me it's a fine line between being washed out by a too-light powder or looking orange and gross. I was skeptical when I saw that there was a bronze looking heart in the "Translucent" compact, but I decided to try it anyway. It does not have a bronzer effect. On me it imparts a pearly, natural finish with a nice pinkish glow. I don't need or use a blush with this powder. My skin tends to be red and irritated at times, and this really helps to make it look more even and it "perks up" my complexion without the phony bronzer look.

I would recommend it if you like a shimmery finish, or want to use it as a blush - but prepare for it to shatter into a billion pieces. I'm on my 4th compact already. I never travel with it in my purse because it's so shoddily packaged. That's why I can't give it five lipsticks. I do like the product enough to rate it four, despite the huge presentation flaws.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yes, I purchased this based on how cute the packaging is - the hot pink and the darling hearts. Talk about marketing! But this product goes beyond just being a pretty package. In translucent, this powder takes away the shine and adds a pearly glow! GORG! Just looking at the compact makes me happy. Sweeping this over my face really does make me smile:) The included brush is half pink and half red and so cute too. I really like that the brush is in a different compartment and comes with a mirror as well. I really do enjoy this product and would purchase again in the future!

I LOVE this product. Packaging is SUPER cute. I like the consistancy or texture. It doesn't dry out my skin or irritate it, like most other powders do. Smells divine. Super cute heart shapes on the product itself. I love this so much. the ONLY thing I don't like is that I need to apply another powder on my nose because it's oily and the rest of my face is dry... Which I imagine if it did take the shine from my nose, it would also dry out the rest of my face, so I am ok with using 2 different ones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product, Smells good and creates a great powdery soft glow. I just love it. I think the mineral powder with the swirl offers better coverage, but this is enough for me usually. Have to be careful how you swirl your applicator because you could get too much pinky in the wrong place from that heart, but it is okay just need to be careful. Not enough of a flaw to not LOVE it.

One note, I hate the brush on these. It is okay for blush but no good for powder. I use a soft cushy applicator from the body shop. Fits perfect. A nice powder puff is awesome for these...

this is a really cute product. it's definitely a very subtle highlighter on me-just gives a really nice glow, but nothing noticeable. the packaging is super cute, and i think it smells gorgeous. i don't use the stupid little brush, because it really digs into the powder and creates all this fall-out, but whatever. do i need this? definitely not. but i'm glad i bought it. i don't actually think it's that expensive, because in my experience PF powders last a really long time.

This product is okay. I will occasionally use it has a highlighter (although I wouldn't say it's a great highlighter) but not ever again use it all over my face. There is a ton of glitter. I'm okay with a bit of glitter and shimmy and I'll use this a bit on my cheeks but all over the face it looks awful! It seriously looks like I dipped my whole face in a puddle of glitter with even the lightest application on the face

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Oh, Physicians Formula. They're pretty gimmicky, but I never thought they'd come out with a powder that would replace Prozac. I think they make some ridiculous claims, but the Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent product itself is really nice.

PF's description:
Ultra-smooth, perfecting powder in a complementary palette of color blends together to even out skin tone with a flawless radiance.
Vibrant pink heart gives cheeks a healthy pop of color.
Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.
The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.

My take:
I actually really like this. Physicians Formula has recently made some really nice powders with just the right amount of near-invisible, superfine shimmer. You really don't see powders like this in the drugstore. More subtle than Coty Airspun Luminous (which I do really like) and they blow HC Moon Glow and a lot of other drugstore highlighters out of the water. I even prefer them to WnW All-Over Shimmer.
My favorite thing about this powder is the lovely finish--I swirl my kabuki brush all over and the resulting effect is a soft, candelit pinky-ivory glow. Totally luminous. Really subtle. On par with PF Mineral Glow Pearls but a tad bit pinker than Translucent Pearl, thanks to the pink heart. It doesn't look cakey or powdery. It's not going to give you a flawless finish if your canvas has some blemishes, but it's nice as a finishing powder. The powder itself is silky and smooth. Also, I love that it's sheer enough not to look fake or to change my extremely pale skin tone (I'm lighter than NW10; about NW5 or so.) Unfortunately, I really hate that it has so many plant extracts; I feel like that cannot possibly be hypoallergenic. I hate flowery scents in my powders and this one straight up tells you it's going to have a heavy scent. It's potent, but at least we're warned. The other thing I object to is the seriously bulky packaging. But the powder itself is so gorgeous, that as long as I don't have a reaction to this powder, I'll keep using it.