Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.1

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

As far as a powder illuminator/highlighter, this could work except on me it almost appeared white. I expect this would work well on fairer skin tones than my warm light-medium skin tone.

Furthermore, over time I realised that some hearts were being picked up, and other hearts (i.e. other colours) were not being picked up by my brush at all. I tried scraping the top in case an oil layer had formed (which it didn't look like they had) but no dice. Some colours just did not pick up.

The product has a floral scent as well, which I believe is in all of the mood-boosting range. It's not offensive and fades on application, but is there for anyone who may have sensitivities.

Packaging is bulky. Pink chrome is a unique touch, although somewhat gaudy. The included brush is about as scratchy and useless as all brushes that come included, I feel (and this applies to all brands, not just in this individual case) that packaging would be lighter and slimmer if the brush wasn't included at all.

I heard great things about this as a highlighter but to be honest it gives little to no color payoff. Pretty packaging but not effective.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not sure what this powder is supposed to do, but it doesn't do anything for me on my NW20 skin. It doesn't leave a polished look, or shimmer, or anything really. The powder itself is cute with the multicolored pink hearts, but the shiny pink packaging is tacky and bulky. I usually love PF's powder products, but I regret spending my money on this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

As other reviewers have mentioned, this powder is way too shimmery to be used as an all over face powder. It makes for a decent highlighter. The level of "glow" that this gives is somewhere between that of the typical highlighter and MAC lightscapade.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got it pretty cheap at walmart in a kit with a happy booster blush so i decided i would give it a try. When I started using it, it became my HG pretty fast, but a couple of months later, i realised my face looked like a disco ball. Well...still a good highlight, but i wouldn't put it all over like before.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice shimmer for spot highlighting but would not apply all over my face. I use this for a quick highlight when I don't have time to use my cream based highlighters. Seems a bit dry and fragile. Wouldn't consider it top of the line in quality and the lasting power isn't the best. It's just good enough for me to keep for the moment.

It took me a long time to figure out how to use this product, but once I found a way to make it work for me I've fallen in love with it. As other reviewers have noted, this is not a traditional translucent setting powder. The product contains teeny tiny little shimmers in it, and those with oily skin would probably find this too reflective to use as an all over setting powder. When I realized this didn't fit my needs as a setting powder, I started using this as a highlight. Unlike many highlighters, this is not super shimmery; it imparts more of a subtle, more natural glow than a frosted look. However, those partial to a more intense highlighter might be disappointed. I swirl a duo-fiber brush in this and dust it over my cheek bones, temples, and a touch above my eyebrows. I also find this work great to highlight my brow bone, inner corner or my eye, and cupid's bow. Because the shades are isolated in little hearts, you can also pin-point different shades to make your highlighter lighter or darker. When applied strategically, I'm left looking lit from within, not like a disco ball. The smell it not unpleasant for me, and the heart packaging is freakin' adorable. I wish the large champagne heart comprised more of this powder and that the packaging wasn't so bulky, but I find this impressive for a drug store product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

This is a beautiful product and fun to use but I found for my skin it was too much sparkle. Kept trying to love it for me but finally passed it down to my niece. I found my old favorite Physician's Formula highlighter again and am happily using it instead.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my absolute favourite powder; not only does it smell AMAZING, it works amazingly well (: It really mattifies my skin and gives it a nice glow; it also evens out the skin really well.

The only thing that I don't like about this product is that it isn't that affordable ): Being a high school student, price is a biggy for me, and since this isn't really in my price range, I wouldn't buy again, *unless* it was on sale, or the price lowered( in which case, I would be extremely happy *u* eheheh)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like it! Very cute packaging, and adds a nice glow to my face. The hearts are adorable, and it smells great! Has good lasting time, and you only need a little bit of it to get it to show up nicely.

Of course, the brush is a little piece of shedding junk, but who actually uses the ones that come with anyways? It also might be a bit shimmery for some people. Kind of expensive too, so better to wait for it on sale.

Would recommend, and would buy again if I needed to!