Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.9

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I'm using the medium shade of this powder instead of Translucent as Translucent seemed like it would be too pale even though it is supposed to be translucent lol Anyways... this is totally gimmicky but very cute and that is why I bought it. I needed a new powder and while the blushes looked tempting, the last thing I need is another blush. So I could still get the cute design and cute pink compact and get my kicks.

The packaging is very MineralWear but a metallic pink. Main powder compacts lifts up to expose a mirror and brush. The brush is cute too... two toned bright and dark pink. The powder has little hearts all over it which will last until you dive deep enough into the powder to fully buff them away. There's about 3 different colors of powder in the pallete and then one bright pink heart powder. When I bought it, it did have a pretty noticeable violet scent. After using it for 2 weeks I really have to stick my nose right to the powder to smell it. For some people that would be a plus, for me.... dammit I liked my violet scented powder.

The product itself is nice. The powder is pretty soft, milled fine. Leaves a nice finish w/o being matte or shiny. Just natural. The little pop of pink can be avoided but it actually works to liven up the skintone.

Of course it doesn't make you happy lol... but the cuteness factor might! I think it is a little silly for PF to claim it is mood boosting but I don't think anyone would take much stock in that anyways.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Oh, Physicians Formula. They're pretty gimmicky, but I never thought they'd come out with a powder that would replace Prozac. I think they make some ridiculous claims, but the Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent product itself is really nice.

PF's description:
Ultra-smooth, perfecting powder in a complementary palette of color blends together to even out skin tone with a flawless radiance.
Vibrant pink heart gives cheeks a healthy pop of color.
Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.
The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.

My take:
I actually really like this. Physicians Formula has recently made some really nice powders with just the right amount of near-invisible, superfine shimmer. You really don't see powders like this in the drugstore. More subtle than Coty Airspun Luminous (which I do really like) and they blow HC Moon Glow and a lot of other drugstore highlighters out of the water. I even prefer them to WnW All-Over Shimmer.
My favorite thing about this powder is the lovely finish--I swirl my kabuki brush all over and the resulting effect is a soft, candelit pinky-ivory glow. Totally luminous. Really subtle. On par with PF Mineral Glow Pearls but a tad bit pinker than Translucent Pearl, thanks to the pink heart. It doesn't look cakey or powdery. It's not going to give you a flawless finish if your canvas has some blemishes, but it's nice as a finishing powder. The powder itself is silky and smooth. Also, I love that it's sheer enough not to look fake or to change my extremely pale skin tone (I'm lighter than NW10; about NW5 or so.) Unfortunately, I really hate that it has so many plant extracts; I feel like that cannot possibly be hypoallergenic. I hate flowery scents in my powders and this one straight up tells you it's going to have a heavy scent. It's potent, but at least we're warned. The other thing I object to is the seriously bulky packaging. But the powder itself is so gorgeous, that as long as I don't have a reaction to this powder, I'll keep using it.

I am big on illuminating face powders, and this WOULD be my HG if it didn't break apart every single time it gets about 2/3's of the way used. It creates a huge, disgusting mess when this product randomly breaks apart, and the packaging is just clumsy and awful. The top lid swings open very easily and is not protective of the product, while the mirror is protected like Fort Knox between two layers of compact. I HATE that! They should put it in a more protective, traditional style compact.

My skin makeup routine usually consists of this: primer, concealer, and a pretty, brightening powder to set it. I have tried tons of products like this, from Revlon SkinLights to Urban Decay products to higher-end, expensive stuff and Physician's Formula powders trump almost all the ones I've tried (that are still on the market) in giving me the shimmery, airbrushed finish that I like. I had been using PF Mineral Glow Pearls, but I dropped it once I tried the Happy Booster.

As for the product itself, I LOVE the shimmery, healthy glow it gives me! I have pale, cool toned skin and for me it's a fine line between being washed out by a too-light powder or looking orange and gross. I was skeptical when I saw that there was a bronze looking heart in the "Translucent" compact, but I decided to try it anyway. It does not have a bronzer effect. On me it imparts a pearly, natural finish with a nice pinkish glow. I don't need or use a blush with this powder. My skin tends to be red and irritated at times, and this really helps to make it look more even and it "perks up" my complexion without the phony bronzer look.

I would recommend it if you like a shimmery finish, or want to use it as a blush - but prepare for it to shatter into a billion pieces. I'm on my 4th compact already. I never travel with it in my purse because it's so shoddily packaged. That's why I can't give it five lipsticks. I do like the product enough to rate it four, despite the huge presentation flaws.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is absolutely one of my favorite things I've gotten in a while. The smells is absolutely divine but not at all strong unless you sniff the compact. The translucent powder is perfect for a subtle glow that imparts nothing but glowy (read: not glittery) perfection. I use a bronzer brush(big and fluffy) and apply this directly over my foundation and I'm done. I don't think this would work with oily skin, but I find it makes me look perfect. It also looks good by itself for a subtle perfection. It is divine and looks like it will last for ever. Definitely pick this up when PF is on sale.

This is such a lovely product! I am a bit of a sucker for cute packaging and design, so I fell immediately for this sweet little compact.

Ultimately, this product reminds me of a toned-down Mineralized Skinfinish from MAC. Just a tiny deposit of glow as opposed to a sheet of shimmer. This can be swept over the entire face for a subtle touch of luminosity with a slight kiss of warm color.

As for the scent, it might not be everybody's cup of tea. I, personally, adore it because it reminds me of 80s childhood (not the greatest description, but the one that most accurately describes it for me)!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yes, I purchased this based on how cute the packaging is - the hot pink and the darling hearts. Talk about marketing! But this product goes beyond just being a pretty package. In translucent, this powder takes away the shine and adds a pearly glow! GORG! Just looking at the compact makes me happy. Sweeping this over my face really does make me smile:) The included brush is half pink and half red and so cute too. I really like that the brush is in a different compartment and comes with a mirror as well. I really do enjoy this product and would purchase again in the future!

I like to use this on an easy m/u day when I'm not using bronzer. I find that if I used this in conjuction with a bronzer or blush its too much sparkle. My compact stopped smelling after a few days, which is ok with me as I'm not a fan of super-scented products. I use a flat kabuki brush for application and it works great. Be careful getting the compact out of the cardboard packaging, I almost broke it getting out!

I really liked using this as a blush, till someone said I looked like a disco ball. It really is way too glittery/shimmery. I havent tried it as a highlighter yet, so I guess I will...

For reference I am very pale, NC10-15. The translucent shade did show up on me as a light pink blush color, but way too much sparkle!!!

It took me a long time to figure out how to use this product, but once I found a way to make it work for me I've fallen in love with it. As other reviewers have noted, this is not a traditional translucent setting powder. The product contains teeny tiny little shimmers in it, and those with oily skin would probably find this too reflective to use as an all over setting powder. When I realized this didn't fit my needs as a setting powder, I started using this as a highlight. Unlike many highlighters, this is not super shimmery; it imparts more of a subtle, more natural glow than a frosted look. However, those partial to a more intense highlighter might be disappointed. I swirl a duo-fiber brush in this and dust it over my cheek bones, temples, and a touch above my eyebrows. I also find this work great to highlight my brow bone, inner corner or my eye, and cupid's bow. Because the shades are isolated in little hearts, you can also pin-point different shades to make your highlighter lighter or darker. When applied strategically, I'm left looking lit from within, not like a disco ball. The smell it not unpleasant for me, and the heart packaging is freakin' adorable. I wish the large champagne heart comprised more of this powder and that the packaging wasn't so bulky, but I find this impressive for a drug store product.

This compact surprised me by actually showing off my skin. I'm pale, and very pink, with oily skin. Discoloration seems to be diffused, and I look like I have a healthy inner glow.

Yes, I am covered in sparkles like a 10 year old girl. Since I only use this in the evening, the sparkle is fine by me.

I usually only use pressed powder to quickly freshen up before after- work drinks, so I was disappointed by how bulky and indiscreet this compact is. I keep my makeup in the same bag as my tools, so it's a huge minus that the brush compartment has all those weird holes that will let dust/dirt in. : (