Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.9

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice shimmer for spot highlighting but would not apply all over my face. I use this for a quick highlight when I don't have time to use my cream based highlighters. Seems a bit dry and fragile. Wouldn't consider it top of the line in quality and the lasting power isn't the best. It's just good enough for me to keep for the moment.

I use a nice soft EL big fluffy brush to apply this when I am in a rush to finish my makeup or brighten myself mid day or after work before I run errands. It makes me look refreshed really fast. The compact goes in my makeup bag in my purse and I have not had issues with breakage of the product as of yet. It actually does seem to give me a boost, tho I usually do feel happier after I put my makeup on, :)
Update 8/10/12: This finally did crack after I wore out the middle, but the packaging did not leak powder everywhere.
I liked the way this gave me glow in winter but the tone is a bit too pink/white for me with the summer sun. I would be willing to try one in a different tone because I really l still liked the product overall. The shine is a bit much for the summer. I might buy another one come winter.

I tried this because it was bogo at target and i was in need of a happy moment, lol. Usually, when i see the word translucent, i think that it will not impart color....i actually use this as a blush (guess that shows how pale i am) and LOvE it! I have already purchased a backup of this powder, although I looked through the entire display and found the one with the least vibrant little bright pink heart. The brush os horrible, I use an Ecotools blush brush instead. Bulky packaging and pricey when not on sale, but I love the sheer glowy shimmer and the light flushy pink on my skin. One of the rare items I will stock up when I find at cheap price, because it is perfect for everyday look.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for a couple of months and have grown dependent on it. A few days ago, after applying makeup, I was looking in the mirror thinking,"What's wrong with me? I look sick." Then I realized I had forgotten my Happy Booster. A couple of swipes, and there was the healthy glow I've become accustomed to. The smell sweet, violet fragrance is nice, and the mirror is handy. I love it!

Sorry to break the 100% repurchase score, but somebody had to at some point. Considering the impossibility of having a product that can please every single person, & occasional "duds" making it into the market, it was just a matter of time.

All 3 of my Happy Booster products, had the compact label glued so tightly to the inside of the cardboard packaging, that it ripped the label off the compact, and destroyed any ability to read and use it, in order to have the color name and product size on the compact. Without the label, there is a gray plastic under-layer showing through a hole in the shiny pink plastic, creating a sharp jagged edge on which I cut my thumb (while she didn't get cut, I recently found a beauty blogger whose label also got ripped off by the too-strong packaging glue, exposing the sharp jagged plastic edge underneath).

While I do like the embossed heart design, it was apparently pressed too hard on mine, making the product too firmly compressed to be able to be picked up with even the rough brush that it comes with, forcing me to have to scrape the clear frost off with a toothbrush to be able to put some on a soft dry brush, which destroys the embossed hearts, and defeats the purpose of the product being pressed and embossed to begin with. The only way that I can pick up product with a brush is with a small wet stiff flat filbert brush (and I still have to scrub to pick any up, even with a *wet* brush), which when applied, looks like foiled sheer frost eyeshadow. I've been asking makeup artists if they know of any kind of specific substance or chemical compound that I could spray on it that will, not really puff it up, but make it less compressed so that the products could actually be picked up with a soft dry brush without it having to be scraped, but haven't found an answer yet.

I was actually afraid that the "Translucent Face Powder" might be too dark for me, considering that in recent years, there just seems to be more and more dark warm-toned pigments being added to the so-called "translucent" pressed powders, so that even the PF Mineral Wear "Translucent" powder is too dark warm yellow/orange/beige and makes my porcelain pink skin look jaundiced, or like I made a bad attempt at fake tan. I used to rely on PF for fair-colored, cool-to-neutral-toned face products, but the last PF pressed face powder that wasn't too dark for me, was the discontinued Retro Glow Illuminating Powder in "Beige," which was (and is, in the small amount I still have in my makeup collection) actually an ultra-pale slightly-cool/mostly-neutral pinkish-ivory, and actually did have a subtle illuminating quality without looking shimmery or frosty, so I know PF *does* know how to accomplish this, but they seem to have failed in their attempt to do so with these HB products, at least with mine. I figured with the PFHB powder, I could just use my brush on the pink and off-white hearts, and try to avoid the brown ones, so I was very surprised to not find any pink or white (or brown) pigmentation when I first scraped the surface, as well as the lack of an actual translucent powder consistency; just clear frost. After scraping through 1-2mm of hard clear mica, I finally did reach some pale pigments, which would have been fine for my coloring, except they themselves are mixed with tons of frost, and are still too hard to pick up with a soft dry brush without scraping with a toothbrush first.

Since a "translucent face powder" is supposed to be an all-over setting powder, it seemed that this was actually a mis-labeled frost highlighter that was not meant for average adults to apply as an all-over face powder without giving the whole face a theatrical frosty look (I'm talking seriously obvious disco-ball frost and shimmer, certainly not the "subtle glow" I've seen mentioned several times). Sheer frost does not equal the "Radiant Blushing Glow" printed on the package, and reading back over reports of "subtle glow" or "iridescence" does start to make me wonder if I just have different definitions of shimmer, subtle, glow, illuminate, and frost, than everyone else does; but given that PF did once have an "illuminating" powder that wasn't frosty or shimmery, I doubt that is the case. Unless I was in theatre, I'm a little old to feel comfortable having my whole face look like it was dipped into sheer mica frost, and certainly would not expect a "Translucent Face Powder" to have that effect, especially one that does not even have mica listed as *a* main ingredient. When it has this much over-pressed clear mica, then mica should be listed as *the* first main ingredient.

I would love to just chalk it up to me getting a dud, but both my PFHB blushes also have the same issues with being over-pressed, over-frosted, & unpigmented, and I would have to be a big Murphy's law victim to get 3 duds from 2 different merchants. The only explanation I have been able to think of is that mine all came from a second production run that was needed to meet the high demand created by the all positive reviews, but did not match the quality of the first production run. I don't know if this is the case, I have just been trying to hypothesize why my PFHB products do not remotely match anyone else's reviews.

I had been looking to purchase these products since they were released, but they were never available in local stores or for online purchase until last month, and I am disappointed that I wasted so much time, money, and energy trying to track them down, only to have them be nearly useless as actual cosmetics once I got them, so rather than "boosting my happy," they tend to make me irritated. I am glad this product does work for most of you, I just hope my review lets anyone else who has run into any of these problems with their PFHB products, after being so hyped-up online, know that they are not alone in being disappointed in a product that everyone else seems to love.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not sure this boosted my mood in any really noticable way, though the powder is adorable:) BUT, I am always looking for a way to get that J.LO glow without looking too greasy, white, or glittery, and this does a pretty good job. I bought the one with the little pink heart, and light to medium tan hearts...I might try a darker one for summer. I think this may be a good dupe for the Too Faced leopard powders.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I actually bought this so I would get $7 bucks back at CVS plus it came with a $3 coupon, it was basically free! I'd always wanted to try a shimmery powder but since I have an oily Tzone I never had the courage but I've become friends with a mattifier so why not?! LOVE the heart pattern and the scent is beautifically delicate. I even like the brush that came with it so have been using that one. The effect is such a pretty irridescent ivory pink tone and makes me look and well, feel, happy. I was even able to concentrate the bristles into the bright pink and popped that just on my cheeks for an extra glow. Love this!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

To my surprise, I like this powder. Once I got past the gimmick, and put away the hammer and chisel I needed to use to actually open the box it was in, I found a nicely pigmented, long lasting, glow producing product. The glow was from the pink "hearts" not the happy boosting, or the violet scent, which I did not get much of. I may go and purchase on of the blushes too...