Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.9

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

I really liked using this as a blush, till someone said I looked like a disco ball. It really is way too glittery/shimmery. I havent tried it as a highlighter yet, so I guess I will...

For reference I am very pale, NC10-15. The translucent shade did show up on me as a light pink blush color, but way too much sparkle!!!

It took me a long time to figure out how to use this product, but once I found a way to make it work for me I've fallen in love with it. As other reviewers have noted, this is not a traditional translucent setting powder. The product contains teeny tiny little shimmers in it, and those with oily skin would probably find this too reflective to use as an all over setting powder. When I realized this didn't fit my needs as a setting powder, I started using this as a highlight. Unlike many highlighters, this is not super shimmery; it imparts more of a subtle, more natural glow than a frosted look. However, those partial to a more intense highlighter might be disappointed. I swirl a duo-fiber brush in this and dust it over my cheek bones, temples, and a touch above my eyebrows. I also find this work great to highlight my brow bone, inner corner or my eye, and cupid's bow. Because the shades are isolated in little hearts, you can also pin-point different shades to make your highlighter lighter or darker. When applied strategically, I'm left looking lit from within, not like a disco ball. The smell it not unpleasant for me, and the heart packaging is freakin' adorable. I wish the large champagne heart comprised more of this powder and that the packaging wasn't so bulky, but I find this impressive for a drug store product.

This compact surprised me by actually showing off my skin. I'm pale, and very pink, with oily skin. Discoloration seems to be diffused, and I look like I have a healthy inner glow.

Yes, I am covered in sparkles like a 10 year old girl. Since I only use this in the evening, the sparkle is fine by me.

I usually only use pressed powder to quickly freshen up before after- work drinks, so I was disappointed by how bulky and indiscreet this compact is. I keep my makeup in the same bag as my tools, so it's a huge minus that the brush compartment has all those weird holes that will let dust/dirt in. : (

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It is a beautiful product, as others have mentioned just a little too much sparkle unfortunately.

I do use it occasionally, but just as a highlighter above my blush on my cheeks.

Smells fantastic, and stays on really well. It really is a shame it has so much shine. I am trying to find ways to use it, like on my brow bone and even as a body powder. Just not so much on my face.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was looking for a pressed version of my Guerlain Meteorites. This is not it. In fact, this product was too pink-toned to work well for me. It just seems to be alot of glitter, sparkle, and added too much pink to my foundation when used as a setting powder. For how much this costs, I don't want glitter face. No Thank you.

I am big on illuminating face powders, and this WOULD be my HG if it didn't break apart every single time it gets about 2/3's of the way used. It creates a huge, disgusting mess when this product randomly breaks apart, and the packaging is just clumsy and awful. The top lid swings open very easily and is not protective of the product, while the mirror is protected like Fort Knox between two layers of compact. I HATE that! They should put it in a more protective, traditional style compact.

My skin makeup routine usually consists of this: primer, concealer, and a pretty, brightening powder to set it. I have tried tons of products like this, from Revlon SkinLights to Urban Decay products to higher-end, expensive stuff and Physician's Formula powders trump almost all the ones I've tried (that are still on the market) in giving me the shimmery, airbrushed finish that I like. I had been using PF Mineral Glow Pearls, but I dropped it once I tried the Happy Booster.

As for the product itself, I LOVE the shimmery, healthy glow it gives me! I have pale, cool toned skin and for me it's a fine line between being washed out by a too-light powder or looking orange and gross. I was skeptical when I saw that there was a bronze looking heart in the "Translucent" compact, but I decided to try it anyway. It does not have a bronzer effect. On me it imparts a pearly, natural finish with a nice pinkish glow. I don't need or use a blush with this powder. My skin tends to be red and irritated at times, and this really helps to make it look more even and it "perks up" my complexion without the phony bronzer look.

I would recommend it if you like a shimmery finish, or want to use it as a blush - but prepare for it to shatter into a billion pieces. I'm on my 4th compact already. I never travel with it in my purse because it's so shoddily packaged. That's why I can't give it five lipsticks. I do like the product enough to rate it four, despite the huge presentation flaws.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not sure what this powder is supposed to do, but it doesn't do anything for me on my NW20 skin. It doesn't leave a polished look, or shimmer, or anything really. The powder itself is cute with the multicolored pink hearts, but the shiny pink packaging is tacky and bulky. I usually love PF's powder products, but I regret spending my money on this.

Not sure what rating to give this product, cause i adore it but i suspect it might be giving me major break outs... ill keep experiementing and ill come back to edit. for now ill give it 3 stars. This looks great on me especially over a light foundation (i have been using physicians formula pressed mineral powder in beige as a foundation) im breaking out though. I am not sure what it is, the foundation or the happy booster.. i started using the pair of these as i thought it might be better on my skin to have minerals and powders as opposed to constantly wearing liquid foundation (i use revlon colourstay normally) i am prone to break outs, and since beginning to experiment with different anti aging moisturisers and treatmnents as I am nearing 30 now, I am in a battle field of break outs and trying to figure out which products are causing them (a nightmare as you can imagine!) I think ive got my mosituriser figured out now, so that leaves me with the suspician that it might be the physicians formula breaking me out... i didnt think a product with such a name would be likely to cause break outs? any one else had this experience? i am going to try cargo wet dry foundation next and see if this improves. i will give you an update as to my findings... its a real shame as i really do like this product alot. it makes me look healthy and actually i probably look a few years younger in it (today someone guessed me as 22).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yes, I purchased this based on how cute the packaging is - the hot pink and the darling hearts. Talk about marketing! But this product goes beyond just being a pretty package. In translucent, this powder takes away the shine and adds a pearly glow! GORG! Just looking at the compact makes me happy. Sweeping this over my face really does make me smile:) The included brush is half pink and half red and so cute too. I really like that the brush is in a different compartment and comes with a mirror as well. I really do enjoy this product and would purchase again in the future!

I LOVE this product. Packaging is SUPER cute. I like the consistancy or texture. It doesn't dry out my skin or irritate it, like most other powders do. Smells divine. Super cute heart shapes on the product itself. I love this so much. the ONLY thing I don't like is that I need to apply another powder on my nose because it's oily and the rest of my face is dry... Which I imagine if it did take the shine from my nose, it would also dry out the rest of my face, so I am ok with using 2 different ones.