Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 19-24

3.2

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

As far as a powder illuminator/highlighter, this could work except on me it almost appeared white. I expect this would work well on fairer skin tones than my warm light-medium skin tone.

Furthermore, over time I realised that some hearts were being picked up, and other hearts (i.e. other colours) were not being picked up by my brush at all. I tried scraping the top in case an oil layer had formed (which it didn't look like they had) but no dice. Some colours just did not pick up.

The product has a floral scent as well, which I believe is in all of the mood-boosting range. It's not offensive and fades on application, but is there for anyone who may have sensitivities.

Packaging is bulky. Pink chrome is a unique touch, although somewhat gaudy. The included brush is about as scratchy and useless as all brushes that come included, I feel (and this applies to all brands, not just in this individual case) that packaging would be lighter and slimmer if the brush wasn't included at all.

I heard great things about this as a highlighter but to be honest it gives little to no color payoff. Pretty packaging but not effective.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I was a bit hesitant in purchasing this after reading some negative reviews. I guess it could be the case for some people as a translucent powder should be one that enhances your foundation and sets it in. This could however be misled with its packaging. I would call this a highlighter instead because it really does a great job at it. I guess the company needs to rename this into a highlighter or something.

Its probably even better than benefits high beam in terms of highlighting. I absolutely love it!!!! It lasts the whole day on me. I come home from a windy day and its still intact! I use it to highlight my cheekbones and various other parts on my face and it does an amazing job. Only downside once again is the packaging. I dislike how the brush has to be placed under the product. It makes it more likely for the powder particles to fall out when you flip it over to get the brush. I also heard negative reviews for the brush about how stiff it is and how harsh it is on the skin. I guess it varies.. i think the brush is not bad. It doesn't even hurt my skin. It feels soft to me anyway and i feel it helps me control the amount of product that goes onto my face. I would definitely repurchase in the future. Even though the price in Australia is much higher than it is in other countries.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got it pretty cheap at walmart in a kit with a happy booster blush so i decided i would give it a try. When I started using it, it became my HG pretty fast, but a couple of months later, i realised my face looked like a disco ball. Well...still a good highlight, but i wouldn't put it all over like before.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like it! Very cute packaging, and adds a nice glow to my face. The hearts are adorable, and it smells great! Has good lasting time, and you only need a little bit of it to get it to show up nicely.

Of course, the brush is a little piece of shedding junk, but who actually uses the ones that come with anyways? It also might be a bit shimmery for some people. Kind of expensive too, so better to wait for it on sale.

Would recommend, and would buy again if I needed to!