Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.2

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

As far as a powder illuminator/highlighter, this could work except on me it almost appeared white. I expect this would work well on fairer skin tones than my warm light-medium skin tone.

Furthermore, over time I realised that some hearts were being picked up, and other hearts (i.e. other colours) were not being picked up by my brush at all. I tried scraping the top in case an oil layer had formed (which it didn't look like they had) but no dice. Some colours just did not pick up.

The product has a floral scent as well, which I believe is in all of the mood-boosting range. It's not offensive and fades on application, but is there for anyone who may have sensitivities.

Packaging is bulky. Pink chrome is a unique touch, although somewhat gaudy. The included brush is about as scratchy and useless as all brushes that come included, I feel (and this applies to all brands, not just in this individual case) that packaging would be lighter and slimmer if the brush wasn't included at all.

I heard great things about this as a highlighter but to be honest it gives little to no color payoff. Pretty packaging but not effective.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I was a bit hesitant in purchasing this after reading some negative reviews. I guess it could be the case for some people as a translucent powder should be one that enhances your foundation and sets it in. This could however be misled with its packaging. I would call this a highlighter instead because it really does a great job at it. I guess the company needs to rename this into a highlighter or something.

Its probably even better than benefits high beam in terms of highlighting. I absolutely love it!!!! It lasts the whole day on me. I come home from a windy day and its still intact! I use it to highlight my cheekbones and various other parts on my face and it does an amazing job. Only downside once again is the packaging. I dislike how the brush has to be placed under the product. It makes it more likely for the powder particles to fall out when you flip it over to get the brush. I also heard negative reviews for the brush about how stiff it is and how harsh it is on the skin. I guess it varies.. i think the brush is not bad. It doesn't even hurt my skin. It feels soft to me anyway and i feel it helps me control the amount of product that goes onto my face. I would definitely repurchase in the future. Even though the price in Australia is much higher than it is in other countries.

This is anything but "translucent" ... I would categorize it as a tinted highlighter (or sheer, very glowy blush for the pale). As other people have noted, it is rather on the sparklier side of things, only a tad sparklier than I would like although not so sparkly that it is unwearable outside of a club setting. Again, NOT glitter, just very shimmery. Actually, overall from far away it gives a nice soft glow. It looks just fine indoors, but in bright light or sunlight .. twinkle twinkle!
It also gives a warm, peachy, almost-outright-orange tint to my pale cool-toned skin. I wouldn't mind the hybrid-blush effect but warm-peachy-orange's aren't very flattering on my cool-toned skin. It requires a bit more thought and effort and coordination, and so I end up reaching for my usual trusty "swipe-n-go, matches everything" products instead of this.
I don't mind the scent, I actually kind of like it, but those sensitive to strong scents beware.
One great thing about this is that it is AMAZINGLY easy to depot, easiest thing I've depotted my entire life. You just nudge the pan out, don't even have to clean up any glue.
Overall, It's a nice enough product, but it's not really up to my personal tastes. I don't regret getting this, but I would NOT repurchase. I would recommend this for warm-toned people who don't mind a little peachy tint and a little extra sparkle. I would NOT recommend it for those of you that can't carry warm tones well, and want a subtler, "natural-skin" sheen.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got it pretty cheap at walmart in a kit with a happy booster blush so i decided i would give it a try. When I started using it, it became my HG pretty fast, but a couple of months later, i realised my face looked like a disco ball. Well...still a good highlight, but i wouldn't put it all over like before.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Perfect amount of shimmer, not 12 year old girl glitter although the packaging is so cute it looks like it :) I use it over my powder for a glowy look. It must be working because I've gotten many compliments on my skin, mostly from my boyfriend who says he likes "how I wear no makeup" hahaha little does he know...
The only con is the price and packaging. It's expensive for a d/s powder and it brush it comes with is awful. The case itself isn't very sturdy either.....overall though I would recommend it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great highlighting powder and I'm not talking about shimmer and glitter. This gives off a nice satin finish absolutely perfect for that inner glow look. I gave it a 4 only because in my opinion when applied all over on medium to dark skin tones it can give off almost an ashy appearance so that's why I only apply it to specific spot like on the higher parts of my cheeks, t-zone, and high part of brows, sparingly of course. The result...lots of looks from people admiring your gorgeous glowing skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Update: I've changed my repurchase from a 'yes' to a 'no'. As I got to the very bottom of the pan, the little pink heart worked against me as every swipe with my puff would pick up a lot of colour with barely any translucent powder. That's not enough to change my rating of the product itself (which is still excellent, IMO), but I have moved onto what I feel for now is a better powder suited for my needs (Marcelle loose powder in medium translucent).

--------

I love this powder, and it's so close to HG status for me if it weren't for the price! At $20 CAD, this stuff's not cheap! However, I would be willing to repurchase at that price due to its performance.

The compact is cute, but bulky. However, since I use the Ecotools powder puff, the roomy bottom compartment is very handy. The powder itself is truly translucent and is not too hard or too soft. I apply with a puff which can pick up more product than a brush, but the finish is never cakey so it's not a problem. Once applied, the finish is absolutely beautiful. I've searched high and low for a powder that can keep the oilies at bay without an unnaturally matte finish. This is it! There are tiny imperceptible shimmers in the powder that gives me a matte but lively look. I swipe over the little pink heart for cheek applications to add to that effect.

I have oily-combo skin with a ridiculously oily t-zone. Almay's Clear Complexion foundation helps with that, but I do touch up with this powder throughout the day. Its oil control power is as good as any other powders that are geared towards super oily skins. If for some reason I do have a dry patch, the powder does not emphasize it at all.

All in all, the powder is almost perfect if not for its high price! Also, as always more oil control would be great, but I've tried a lot of blotting powders and even though this powder doesn't market itself as one, it performs just as well. Physician's Formula does not test on animals, and for all those reasons I would continue to repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Bought this when it was 40% off at CVS and had the $5 coupon....so it was cheap at that moment.
PROS
**Very cute packaging
**Nice smell
**Adds a beautiful glow without a very obvious shimmer
**Get a lot of product

CONS
**Bulky packaging
**Pricey for the product

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like it! Very cute packaging, and adds a nice glow to my face. The hearts are adorable, and it smells great! Has good lasting time, and you only need a little bit of it to get it to show up nicely.

Of course, the brush is a little piece of shedding junk, but who actually uses the ones that come with anyways? It also might be a bit shimmery for some people. Kind of expensive too, so better to wait for it on sale.

Would recommend, and would buy again if I needed to!