Hard Candy Kaleyedescope Baked Duo in Secret Rendesvous

No Image

on 4/19/2011 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up Secret Rendesvous and High Maintenence eyeshadows on a whim and had not read any reviews. When I first tried them out dry I was impressed by the color pay off but was not blown away. Today when I was playing around with them I used a wet brush and was shocked at the difference in the color payoff. The shadows went on super pigmented and smooth. My advice is anyone who bought these shadows and does not love them TRY THE SHADOW WITH A MIXING MEDIUM it makes all the difference in the world.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

A pretty, shimmery, pink and burgundy eye duo. Beautiful colors and good pigmentation. For my skin tone, I wish there was more brown to it than the pure pink color, but I don't fault the product for that, it's just not perfect for me. It's still a good duo and worth them (little) money, plus it's carmine free and animal cruelty-free!

on 1/9/2011 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I forgot how much I like this since I loaned it to a friend months ago. The duo includes a shimmery light pink, and a shimmery, almost kind of "burgundy wine" color. The lighter color can be used for the lid, and the darker blended into the crease, add your own plain brow highlight color, and bam, instant simple eye look.

I think the reason people seem to not pick up color with these is that they are SO TIGHTLY COMPACTED people have trouble getting it out of the package just with their eyeshadow brush. Simple fix. I lightly scratch the surface of the shadow with the back end of my brush to release the shadow in powder form. Then you get a really pigmented shadow. I don't even swipe it on my brush, I dip it.

I really should buy more of these simply because they're so compacted and pigmented they're sure to last forever. Be careful though as they're risen in a dome form and compacted tightly, they could very easily crack and shatter if they're knocked around.

I think the color duo is great to bring out the green in my hazel eyes because of the pink/red colors. Which is why I bought this specific color.

Top Rated Eye Shadow