Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lip Color in 915B Spiked With Rum

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lip Color in 915B Spiked With Rum

4.6

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Wow. I own a lot of MegaLasts but the formula on this lipstick! My tube went on so smooth and creamy right from the start. One of the best ML I own, creamy, richly pigmented, beautiful semi-matte finish.

The color is deeper than I expected, a bit deeper than a medium tone shade. This is a muted, warm rosy-red-brown that is a very modern looking shade.

Previous reviews have said this is close to MLBB - not on me though, it's too deep, too brown, and too red on me for that. MLBB for me tends to be a combination of pink and mauve with a touch of brown. It skirts vampy territory for me since I'm somewhat fair yellow-olive-peach (NC 15-20?)

The color actually looks very modern, the type of rosy terracotta lip you often seen featured on Instagram with liquid lipstick. I'm not a fan of LL personally. I normally wear clearer colors, so this will probably be a rich, fall shade for me.

Standard crappy WnW packaging - get a lipstick case so this doesn't spontaneously spring open in your bag - well worth it. Yes - you can nick your bullet since it sticks out, just be careful, it's possible to keep it intact.

I couldn't find this locally here in Canada and had to order it from Beauty Joint, but I'm glad I did. Fantastic formula and I hadn't yet have a shade like this in my collection. It's well worth picking up for the tiny price!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Spiked With Rum is a rosy brown shade, that comes off as a deeper alternative to nude. Very easy to wear - I think it will suit all skin tones. It has proven to be a very wearable shade for me; it can be worn all year round, and it goes with all of my preferred eye makeup looks - it lives in my handbag.

The finish to the lipstick is a satin, so it is a bit less dryer in comparison to a fully matte lipstick, meaning that this line of lipsticks is much more easy to distribute onto my lips evenly then a matte one. Another plus side to this particular finish is that the formula has great pigmentation and once it's on your lips it won't smudge or bleed, and despite feeling a bit dry as the day goes on, it hasn't had a drying effect on my lips. Plus is that the lasting power is better then it is with Wet n Wild's other lipstick line; about 6 hours, depending on food/drink.

I've had no problems with the packaging - it looks a bit cheap, but the clear lid is great when I'm rooting through my makeup bag for a particular shade, and it is secure.

on 11/19/2015 3:16:00 PM

This color is SO GOOD. On me, its the perfect everyday fall l/s. I reach for this when i don't know what other l/s i want to wear, it goes with almost any look. Its very daytime/office friendly but still adds a nice rich color for the season. I love the formula of these l/s they are very comfortable to wear, not drying. I love that its a no fuss type of product, it doesn't require a lot of maintenance throughout the day. i don't have 'prep' my lips before i put it on. I can apply this at around 7:00 AM and i don't need to touch it up until after lunch. No noticeable scent.

But the packaging...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whyyyyy, i guess that's why its so affordable. I hate that the lipstick doesn't twist all the way down and the cap gets so messy so fast.

This is my 2nd lipstick from this line, they are quickly becoming my favorite

on 10/15/2015 11:34:00 PM

This is my go-to lip color when I do not know what else to wear or is afraid it'll clash with my outfit. Love this color so much as it is a unique neutral color. The packaging will cause the lipstick to get all over the cap if you're not careful when putting the cap back on. Overall, will buy again and again and will always have a spare.

This is my first foray into the WnW matte lipsticks, and I'm glad I did it! Inexpensive; The color is a lovely, dark brownish-rose MLBB that one could wear for any occasion; The formula doesn't suck moisture from my lips; Staying power is more than decent; And this wears truly matte on me. What I didn't like is the lipstick shape, it's not in the traditional bullet shape so I have to use a lip brush for touchups. You have to be careful with replacing the cap or else it'll ding the top of your lipstick. Also, after a couple of weeks, the lipstick detached itself from the base. The pros outweigh the cons for me though, and while I will not repurchase this particular color, I will try the other colors from the same line.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have at least 1 of all of the Mega Last matte wnw lipsticks (some are back ups! Please don't stop making these, wnw, just add some more nude colors!). This is a spot on dupe for me for MAC Brave & Faux lipsticks w MAC Soar lipliner. Although the price pointe is much better & u can pair it w wnw 666 liner all in all will put you back about $3 + tax (u supply ur own sharpener come on ev1 owns like 5). Also wnw is cruelty free & MAC, well, isn't. I like to buy cruelty free when it's possible so of course I've got a big collection of wnw & elf makeup. Since as far as I can remember, MAC has tested on animals not that it would matter to the Kardashian/Jenner ladies as Kim (MAC Angel), Khloe (MAC Morange), & Kylie (MAC Faux/Brave/Whirl/Soar/Velvet Teddy et al.) making those sell out instantly over night! I love MAC as much as the next person so I'm ashamed to admit I have all of those except Morange but it's nice to see a cheaper alternative ESP 1 easily accessible & cruelty free. This is a lovely deep nude MLBB but darker.

This was a great substitute for the Kat Von D "Lolita" lipstick. KVD fans already know, Lolita went through some formula snafaus causing a few batches to be brown.
Shade wise, the match is dead on. That is where the similarities end. It is not long lasting at all. In fact it transfered quite a bit. I am a loyal KVD lipstick devotee because it lasts!!!! As a mommy to toddler twins, I do not have time to reapply and touchup makeup as I did in my singleton days.
The packaging is just horrible. The first few uses, removing the lid meant gauging the lipstick. After some time, the lid would crack and become damaged. KVD's did not.
Overall, it is not a horrible product. It served it's purpose as my stand in lipstick. One gets what they pay for.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this lipstick. This is another everyday wear color for me. It can be worn out on a date or for a dinner, I usually pair it with a winged liner and bold lashes. You can't beat the price, it's around $2. Color is hard to describe, it almost falls in the nude category. Its between dusty rose and burnt sienna. Almost like a redder dusty rose color. It goes very well with my skin tone (light/ medium with yellow undertones). It does transfer when you eat, drink, kiss; so you will have to reapply afterwards. It can be a bit drying, I always prep my lips with lip balm prior to using any Wet n' Wild matte lipstick. Other than that, no complaints.

on 12/11/2014 8:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This lipstick is wonderful! I've been wearing it every day this fall. Stays on for hours, plus you can drink/eat (non-oily food) and it will still be on your lips. It's a brownish rose colour, kinda similar to "Pops" by Nyx, but it's darker and the formula is much better. Could be a "my lips but better" colour for some. Give it a try! Super cheap, super awesome. The mega last lipsticks are a great bargain. :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The colour is the perfect brown rose that I love to wear when I do not feel like wearing my red or dark lipsticks. It goes on opaque and easily I always wear it with a natural lip pencil. It lasts pretty well need to reapply after eating.People complain about these lipsticks being drying but I have many & they do not dry out my lips at all

oh and I love that its both cruelty free, vegan and cheap