Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lip Color in 915B Spiked With Rum

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lip Color in 915B Spiked With Rum

4.5

This is definitely my go-to lipstick for Fall ! I am Thai and it is really flattering on my "Light" skin tone.

"Spiked with Rum" is a red lipstick with a brown undertone. So to some ladies who are edgy on wearing red lipstick for their everyday-look, DO give this shade a try!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Spiced Rum is one of my favorite shades of lipstick. This is super flattering on my skin tone which is likely why I am drawn to it. It is similar/reminds me of e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color in Praline (also one of my favorites!), a rosy brown shade, rich and deeply pigmented. This lipstick requires a bit of pressure when applying, it's not as creamy or slippery as others but I think that is why it lasts longer than a traditional lipstick. There is a nice sheen to it and it is not transfer-proof. My only complaint about this lipstick is the packaging. It looks fine but I dislike lipstick tubes where the bullet doesn't fully retract because at some point in time it inevitably ends up nicking the edge on the inside of the cap. Aside from that, the tube is well constructed, heavy acrylic with a clear cap so you can see the color through it. I don't detect a scent on this lipstick either. WnW has a great offering for very affordable prices. I'd rate this a true 4.5 out of 5 - 1/2 a lippie off for the un-retractability of the bullet. I will be looking at other shades to purchase but this is a keeper for me and I'd definitely repurchase it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This color is awesome on me. I have pale skin and red hair. The undertones on this are perfect. The packaging sucks, so I had to buy a new one when the first one broke. The lid cracked and fell off. The bullet became contaminated. I bought another one. It was worth it.

on 6/23/2017 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

the color is beautiful and it feels fine on the lips. however no staying power, and the package is so flimsy. in a way you get what you paid for.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Edit: Sadly, I've discovered that the MegaLast formula gives me deep, painful, huge lip cystic acne. It clogs my lip pores somehow or I'm allergic to an ingredient. This is rare, I'm sure, so I'm only docking one lippy. I still recommend you try the formula, but buy one shade and test it WELL for reactions. I bought nearly the whole collection before I made the connection.

Clearly I won't be rebuying. :(

Original Review: Wow. I own a lot of MegaLasts but the formula on this lipstick! My tube went on so smooth and creamy right from the start. One of the best ML I own, creamy, richly pigmented, beautiful semi-matte finish.

The color is deeper than I expected, a bit deeper than a medium tone shade. This is a muted, warm rosy-red-brown that is a very modern looking shade.

Previous reviews have said this is close to MLBB - not on me though, it's too deep, too brown, and too red on me for that. MLBB for me tends to be a combination of pink and mauve with a touch of brown. It skirts vampy territory for me since I'm somewhat fair yellow-olive-peach (NC 15-20?)

The color actually looks very modern, the type of rosy terracotta lip you often seen featured on Instagram with liquid lipstick. I'm not a fan of LL personally. I normally wear clearer colors, so this will probably be a rich, fall shade for me.

Standard crappy WnW packaging - get a lipstick case so this doesn't spontaneously spring open in your bag - well worth it. Yes - you can nick your bullet since it sticks out, just be careful, it's possible to keep it intact.

I couldn't find this locally here in Canada and had to order it from Beauty Joint, but I'm glad I did. Fantastic formula and I hadn't yet have a shade like this in my collection. It's well worth picking up for the tiny price!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am not going to lie, I bought this based on the name. I have been a fan of Wet n Wild's Mega Last lipsticks since they were introduced, but for some reason I never picked this color up. On me, it is a nice medium-toned raisin/cinnamon neutral that is appropriate for work without being a standard nude. It feels nice on the lips and lasts pretty well on me too.

This is my first foray into the WnW matte lipsticks, and I'm glad I did it! Inexpensive; The color is a lovely, dark brownish-rose MLBB that one could wear for any occasion; The formula doesn't suck moisture from my lips; Staying power is more than decent; And this wears truly matte on me. What I didn't like is the lipstick shape, it's not in the traditional bullet shape so I have to use a lip brush for touchups. You have to be careful with replacing the cap or else it'll ding the top of your lipstick. Also, after a couple of weeks, the lipstick detached itself from the base. The pros outweigh the cons for me though, and while I will not repurchase this particular color, I will try the other colors from the same line.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Spiked With Rum is a rosy brown shade, that comes off as a deeper alternative to nude. Very easy to wear - I think it will suit all skin tones. It has proven to be a very wearable shade for me; it can be worn all year round, and it goes with all of my preferred eye makeup looks - it lives in my handbag.

The finish to the lipstick is a satin, so it is a bit less dryer in comparison to a fully matte lipstick, meaning that this line of lipsticks is much more easy to distribute onto my lips evenly then a matte one. Another plus side to this particular finish is that the formula has great pigmentation and once it's on your lips it won't smudge or bleed, and despite feeling a bit dry as the day goes on, it hasn't had a drying effect on my lips. Plus is that the lasting power is better then it is with Wet n Wild's other lipstick line; about 6 hours, depending on food/drink.

I've had no problems with the packaging - it looks a bit cheap, but the clear lid is great when I'm rooting through my makeup bag for a particular shade, and it is secure.

on 10/15/2015 11:34:00 PM

This is my go-to lip color when I do not know what else to wear or is afraid it'll clash with my outfit. Love this color so much as it is a unique neutral color. The packaging will cause the lipstick to get all over the cap if you're not careful when putting the cap back on. Overall, will buy again and again and will always have a spare.

on 11/19/2015 3:16:00 PM

This color is SO GOOD. On me, its the perfect everyday fall l/s. I reach for this when i don't know what other l/s i want to wear, it goes with almost any look. Its very daytime/office friendly but still adds a nice rich color for the season. I love the formula of these l/s they are very comfortable to wear, not drying. I love that its a no fuss type of product, it doesn't require a lot of maintenance throughout the day. i don't have 'prep' my lips before i put it on. I can apply this at around 7:00 AM and i don't need to touch it up until after lunch. No noticeable scent.

But the packaging...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whyyyyy, i guess that's why its so affordable. I hate that the lipstick doesn't twist all the way down and the cap gets so messy so fast.

This is my 2nd lipstick from this line, they are quickly becoming my favorite