MD Formulations Critical Care Calming Gel

No Image

3.3

Ingredients: Water (aqua), glycerin, vitus vinifera (grape) fruit extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, rubus villosus (blackberry) fruit extract, vaccinium angustifolium (blueberry) fruit extract, vaccinium myrtillus (billberry) extract, fragaria vasca (strawberry) fruit extract, vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, camellia oleifera (Japanese green tea) leaf extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) extract, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, arginine, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methyparaben and propylparaben

on 3/8/2012 8:19:00 PM

I don't believe that something what has parabens inside is good for rosacea. I've read some recommendations for this product, so I've checked the ingredients list and I'm disappointed. I'm not going to buy it. The skin must get rid of the toxins at first and then it can be cured.

on 4/6/2011 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm really disappointed in this product. I have rosacea and the product claims to reduce redness. It made absolutely no visible difference in the redness of my skin. With the price of this product I would expect a lot more. I highly suggest looking for another product if you are concerned about reducing facial redness.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a wonderfully calming and nurturing product for any skin type/condition. I bought it during the warm season, but as the cold temperatures hit my skin, I found this to be a great addition to the winter survival regime. It does a better job calming and soothing my harassed face than any thick cream! Will recommend to anyone battling the winter dryness and eczema.

EDIT (March 2011): Sadly the company has made some formulary changes in a perfectly good product - some of the soothing ingredients have been circulated to the end of the list, while the fruit extracts now have a more prominent place. More antioxidant benefits, maybe, but they don't have proven soothing effect. All it means for sensitive skin is that this is not the best option any more. Downgrading to four lippies.

on 1/9/2011 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This gel is ment to calm down redness and help with rosacea.
My skintype is oily and acneprone with some redness (cheeks and nosearea). I didn't buy it for that, mostly because that I read about it in Paula Begoun's books ( it is a paula's pick) and also because it is a lightweight gel that is more safe for my acne prone skintype.
I have used the MD formulations Moisture defense antioxidant gel that is a watery gel that works very well for my acne and oily skintype. This is simular but more a gel that also works well for my skintype. No problems with acne or making more oily.
For the redness part I do think that it help with my minor redness, both form irritation or the cold weather. A few hours later my face is more even (not so red). I did try this after waxing, putting it on the red and irritated area and yes it did calm it down to some degree.
It contains antioxidants, anti-irritans and cell-communicating agents, that is a big plus.
It is expensive, the tube is only 30 ml, 20 ml less than most other moisturisers, but I'm going to buy it again.
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Vitus Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Villosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Extract, Fragaria Vasca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Japanese Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Acrylates/C 10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Arginine, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben