RCMA Color Process Foundation

RCMA Color Process Foundation

4.2

Ingredients: IPM (Isopropyl Myristate), Castor Oil, Carnauba, Candelilla, Ozokerite, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, propyl Paraben, BHT. May Contain: D&C Red #6, D&C Red #7, D&C Red #27, Cos.Green, Cos. Blue.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

First I should say these are not as cheap as Ben Nye or Mehron and the colors come off a little unnatural looking but don't snub them, they are super pigmented and so creamy and lovely and the coverage is amazing you can wear as thin ( with some RCMA thinner) or heavy as you like in broad day light it looks undetectable. I use shinto 2 and 3. they both need to be colored corrected I mix green and yellow into shinto 3 and just yellow into shinto 2. Its really a great investment you just need to learn how to use it and adjust them to your liking. this is truly a artist brand. I also have the RCMA color foundation adjustor platelet, but LA girl green and yellow correctors work just as well.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I use this palette for concealer in shades SH-1 and SH-2. I set with a sheer finishing powder and it lasts me all day, even with oily skin. This has medium to high coverage and is on the drier end of cream foundations/concealers when compared to the Bobbi Brown foundation sticks, which is good because it has a better staying power. I think this product is best for spot concealing because of it's consistency and would not use it as a foundation.

To Read all 93 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HAD TO ORDER THIS ONLINE ,NOT SOLD IN STORES.THIS FOUNDATION HAS TO BE PUT ON SPECIFIC WAYS,SO APPLICATION TAKES A WHILE.I GOT THIS IN THE 3 LIGHTEST COLORS,THE COLORS ARE GREAT,BUT ABOUT A HALF HOUR AFTER YOU PUT IT ON ,IT DISAPPEARS,IT DID NOT HAVE COVERAGE,I HAVE PORELESS SKIN AND IT LOOKED LIKE I HAD PORES EVERYWHERE.I HAVE DRY SKIN AND IT SHOWS UP WITH THIS FOUNDATION,GOES INTO CREASES,AND NEVER FULLY DRIES EVEN WITH POWDER.IT GAVE ME RED SPOTS ALL OVER MY FACE,AND NOTHING HAS EVER CAUSED THAT BEFORE.

on 2/20/2016 11:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought a 5-color palette. A mixture of Shinto 1 and Shinto 2 matches my NC30 skin tone. I bought this palette last summer and used it frequently for a good 6 months.

My skin is acne-prone, but since I use Retin-A, it tends to be dry-combination.

I found this foundation very easy to apply, maybe because I've used cream products before. I just applied with my fingers and blended out with a buffing brush. In the winter, mixing with a drop of grapeseed oil makes it easier to apply and blend out.

The finish is very natural. It really does look like skin, unless you apply it very heavily, in which case it is a more "made up" look.

However, I don't think the pigmentation is all that it's hyped up to be. I've gotten better coverage from MAC Full Coverage or Estee Lauder Double Wear. However, I do think the RCMA provides a more natural-looking tone and finish while providing very good coverage.

Although it does contain Isopropyl Myristate, it didn't clog my pores.

My main problem with this makeup, and the reason I won't repurchase, is that it fades within a few hours. By the end of a regular day in the office, the coverage is completely gone. This happens even though I set it with powder and Skindinavia setting spray. I don't have this problem, at least not to this degree, with other foundations, including my Nars powder foundation.

I do like my 5-color RCMA palette because it contains darker colors that I can use as contour or bronzing shades. Of course, they fade, too. But I'm going to try using them over my EL Double Wear foundation to see if they will wear better on top of that.

on 2/13/2016 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The only thing I don't like about this foundation is the fact that this brand is hard to come by, so I have to keep buying samples. I buy from RCMA since the samples from CRC are more expensive.

RCMA has a vast amount of colors, but I do find their colors for darker skin are limited. I have had a very hard time finding foundation that fits since I have neutral to cool leaning undertones with a medium brown skin tone. If it's not too light or too dark, it's too yellow or too red. As such, I usually end up being in between shades and having to mix. AND,

1: When it comes to high end foundation that can get really expensive.
2: Seeing as how many cosmetic companies neglect darker skin, I almost feel a moral obligation to NOT buy 2 colors because it is most often a result of not being catered to.

So, cream foundations seemed like a good idea since they have many colors to choose from (Some brands more than others). With RCMA, I first bought the Shinto series (4-7), but Shinto 4 is a bit too dark and orange so the others wouldn't work. I ended up buying different samples from them 2 more times but there was no perfect shade for me, even by mixing. I got tired of having to keep buying and waiting so I just gave up.

However, I did love the look and coverage of this foundation. I like the coverage of a full coverage foundation, without the overly done look. This allows me to spot treat any blemishes and doesn't look cakey, it looks like skin.

When it comes to application, since I have been using samples I just swipe the foundation on my face and rub it in with my hands. I do find it takes a couple of minutes to settle or oxidize but it doesn't change color after that. I have oily skin and I find that even though I still have to blot, I do so no more or less than with any other foundation. (And i use Becca Ever Matte Primer under it)

on 1/9/2016 9:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have been using this foundation for a couple of weeks now and I am in love. It is the most natural-looking foundation I've ever used. I think this is because this product is so pigmented that only a tiny bit is needed and therefore you don't see product on the skin; you just see skin. Having said that, it's probably not for everyone because it requires learning how to use it and having the time to apply and blend it properly. Also, because this product is basically wax, oils and pigments, it may not be good for acne-prone skin. I have not had a single problem with blemishes since using this, but I do two things to prevent problems:
1. I always use makeup remover before cleansing at night.
2. I use Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid exfoliant (N/A) to keep my pores clear and clean.

There are a couple of really good videos on YT to help learn how to apply this. One is by Kevin James Bennett and the other is by Ivy Boyd. In these videos, they mention having to warm up this product before applying and I couldn't agree more. As someone below noted, the consistency is like butter that's been in the fridge. One trick I learned is that if you stir it with a toothpick, it will soften a bit and be easier to spread. I use a metal spatula to scoop up some product, place it on the back of my hand and then spread it over my face with my fingers. I then blend it in with Sonia Kashuk's flat-top brush, but a foundation brush would probably be fine too. If there are areas where I can see foundation sitting on top of the skin, I use a damp sponge to press it into the skin and I honestly don't think most people could tell I have foundation on. My skin is fairly clear (though I do have age spots) but you could certainly spot conceal with this foundation and it would still look very natural.

After finishing with my foundation, I apply any other cream products I'm going to wear and the RCMA foundation plus my flat-top brush helps everything to blend seamlessly, especially concealer and cream blush. I then apply the RCMA No-Color powder to set it and it stays on all day. I will say that I haven't yet had an opportunity to test it in hot, humid weather, but I will update when I can.

From what I can tell, this No-Color powder is just very finely milled talc, so it's not especially unique other than not giving any color or coverage. The RCMA itself gives a satin finish and when I add the powder, it gives a soft matte appearance. I don't find it to be chalky, but I use a very light dusting and then use a clean brush to knock off any excess powder.

As to finding a color match, this is also tricky business if you have to order online. I called RCMA for samples, because it's a little less expensive than Camera Ready Cosmetics. RCMA charges $1.00 per sample and then $3 for shipping. I order four samples, so that came to $7.00. When I called RCMA to order them, I told them that I wore Porcelain in Bobbi Brown foundations and wondered if I could find a match in the KA-series, because they are for light skin tones that are slightly yellow. She asked me to hold and consulted with their makeup artist. When she came back on the line, she said that I could definitely find a match with these. I ordered KA-1, KA-2, KA-3 and KA-4. KA-3 turned out to be my perfect match -- it's ever-so-slightly less yellow and more peachy than Bobbi Brown. I also ordered KA-4 for when I get a little darker in summer (despite wearing SS faithfully).

I feel this is a very good value, because if you can buy the one ounce size (around $30.00, I believe), this is going to last a very, very long time. It wouldn't surprise me if it lasted two or more years. I tried this product because I had been using the Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick and really liked it, but in six months I had almost used it up and and it's $46.00! The consistency of the RCMA foundation is similar to the BB, except it's in a pot instead of a stick. The packaging is not fancy - it's just a plastic white pot with a clear screw-on lid, but personally, I'd rather pay less and get loads more product for my money than have a fancy jar.

I feel like I have found my HG foundation and I have never said that before. I can always tell when I've found a HG product because I'm no longer looking for that perfect product -- I've found it!

Edit: To make this foundation easier to spread, I scoop some out, place it on the back of my hand and add one drop of jojoba oil. It transforms it into a liquid foundation that is much easier to blend and sheer out. RCMA also makes a foundation thinner, but it's more expensive.

on 12/7/2015 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this and cinema secrets samples. Upon application, I loved this! It's so creamy and has the perfect velvet like skin finish. The color is spot on for my ultra pale skin. Lasting power is better than most cream foundations. Coverage is amazing. This is highly pigmented and you only need a tiny tiny bit. However, it breaks me out BAD. I've had the sample for over a year and I am an idiot and keep trying to use it (praying that my breakouts were hormonal or from some other product).....NOPE. It's this. Bummer. I mix it with L'Oreal illuminating primer and use it as under-eye concealer. Don't use this if you have sensitive skin and are prone to breakouts.

3 Stars for the redeemable qualities.

on 11/22/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

*Sigh*

I'm heatbroken.

I have extremely difficult skin. It is fair, acne-prone, super sensitive, and it is dry. Dry dry dry. I have a very gentle face wash, I use the aqua gel, I exfoliate 3 times a week, I do moisturizing face washes, and I use lotion. I even top it with a moisturizing primer. My face will be baby soft, but the second foundation hits it, it flakes. Go figure.

I have only found one or two foundations that work well with my dry skin, but they are hardly ever my skin shade. I have the Maybeline Fit Me foundation and it is relatively dry-skin friendly, but even their lightest is still a little too dark. It's manageable, but you can still tell in natural light. I even bought Manic Panic's lightener to help with the skin tone. But when I mixed it with the foundation, it was no longer dry skin friendly. Of course not.

I found RCMA on Wayne Goss's youtube channel, and I had so much hope. SO much. I even came on here and read all the wonderful reviews about this foundation; even reviews made by others with dry skin.

I bought the 5-color palette; I don't trust myself to pick the right color online, so I figured I would get the 5 colors, find my forte, and then buy that from now on. Something that I could customize, something that was all-natural for my sensitive skin, AND something that was approved by other dry-skinners? That's the fastest I've ever spent 30 bucks!

I anxiously await it. It arrives. I pummel the UPS guy with my excitement and just about bounce it out of his hand. It arrives in the most ADORABLE packaging I could imagine. This is perfect, the anticipation is killing me! I make sure to wash my face, exfoliate, and prep my face as usual. I had watched countless tutorials while I waited, and I figured I had this down.

I scoop it onto the back of my hand-and warm it up with my finger.
Then I put it on-my skin becomes a flaky, patchy mess. The makeup isn't blending at all. If anything, this was worse than other foundations I've put on my face. I sat in front of the mirror and cried, begging to the beauty gods to end this curse they've bestowed upon me.
The rest of the world is falling in love with this product, and here I am with smeared mascara running down my face because even the world's most adored natural foundation could not help me.

I still gave it four stars though, because it isn't the makeup's fault. It's mine.
If your face isn't ridiculously impractical, buy it. I'm sure you won't regret it.

I am not going to give up on this yet, I WILL find a way to make this foundation work.

on 10/23/2015 1:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Great!

This is my holy grail of foundation. I wish I had known about it years ago. It's designed for professional makeup artists for use on actors and models, so it's not marketed to the public. I found out about it on YouTube. (Thank you, Wayne Goss). The reason it's so remarkable is because it looks and feels like skin-only better! This is a highly pigmented cream foundation which is vegetable oil and wax based. It contains no mineral oil, lanolin, tallow or other animal products. It's vegan, fragrance, and cruelty free. It's also 50 percent pigment, so a little goes a very long way. The color is much more intense in the pan than it looks on skin. When I first tested it, I only had to use the barest smear on the tip of my finger to cover one whole cheek. I tested it in bright sunlight and the effect was like a radiant natural glow--luminous but not shiny.

The color range is extensive, so it's particularly good for people of color, paler than average, or anyone who is in between shades and has a hard time finding a match. You can get samples online directly from RCMA' s website or Camera Ready Cosmetics. Also, if you live in NY, Alcone is a reseller where you can get color matched. I recommend checking out RCMA' s website or The Unknown Beauty Blog's guide to RCMA foundations for explanations and swatches of the different color series.

This foundation will hold up for hours without a touch-up because it contains a lot less liquid, wax and oil than commercial brands. Don't worry about using this cream base if you have oily skin. It's vegetable based and you will only need such a small amount that it is very unlikely to clog pores.

You can check out tutorials on YouTube to see how to blend and apply the product. It can be sheered out if desired. RCMA makes an oil based thinner, but any oil you have on hand, applied with an eye dropper, will do. You also don't need a professional mixing palette. You can use a square of wax paper on a hard surface, or even mix it on the back of your hand. I recommend using a spatula to dispense a tiny amount. (You can get a cheap one at the drugstore). You can use your fingers, but it might be awkward since this foundation has the consistency of cold butter. It definitely needs to be warmed against skin for at least a few seconds if you use it without adding a drop or two of oil. I find a beauty blender makes blending much easier either way. If you don't have the the time or patience to mix your foundation every day, you can take a shortcut by mixing it in a small re-sealable jar. (Like the ones you find in travel kits at the drugstore.) It is super easy to blend and apply. It doesn't take as much time as you might think.

I am very impressed with this foundation and would highly recommend it to anyone. It is reasonably priced for the quality you get. (More expensive than drugstore brands but a lot less expensive than high end department store brands--especially considering that you use less.) Once you try it, you will never go back to commercial brands again.