RCMA Makeup Color Process Foundation

RCMA Makeup Color Process Foundation
Color Process Foundation

4.2

Ingredients: IPM (Isopropyl Myristate), Castor Oil, Carnauba, Candelilla, Ozokerite, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, propyl Paraben, BHT. May Contain: D&C Red #6, D&C Red #7, D&C Red #27, Cos.Green, Cos. Blue.

on 12/12/2018 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was a flop for me.

I am generally the second or third lightest shade in most foundations (I am a 15 or 20 in MAC) and decided to go with the KA palette after a bit of deliberating between that and the KO palette. Luckily, the shades were dead on for me. They are true neutrals. For the color selection, RCMA gets five stars.

It took me a few tries to figure out how to work with the formula. I would say this foundation has a matte finish. I was also pleased with the lasting power. On my dry skin, using too much led to caking and settling in fine lines. I found that dabbing it into the skin with fingers produced the best finish. Overall, it is a decent formula for the price and I didn't need to use any concealer with this foundation. However, I can only give this 3 stars because the formula doesn't agree with my skin (breaks me out in little pimples). Obviously I won't be repurchasing.

on 2/5/2018 3:02:00 PM

I got a pretty wide variety of samples in the KO and Shinto range. Most any of them work for me when mixed with the super light ones (porcelain and ivory). So I ended up with quite a lot of this foundation to play with. The samples from Camera Ready are generous.

It looks fantastic at first. Very “my skin but perfected”. (If I’ve properly moisturized that is- it will emphasize flakes if you’ve got ‘em.) I’m quite exceptionally oily but not acne prone.

It does take some fussing to apply, more time and fiddling than a liquid. You’ve got to warm it up on the back if your hand, you’ve got to expend some effort getting the finish correct and sheered nicely.

I absolutely have to powder it with translucent loose powder and a setting spray.

Then, it looks utterly smashing. Just like you were born with naturally perfect skin! Not mask like, not cakey, just beautiful skin and it photographs that way too.

But, and for me this is the huge catch- it fades off like nothing I’ve ever seen. About 5 hours and it, and any blush/contour/highlight etc., are just... gone. Where is it going? I’m not touching my face... maybe just my natural oiliness breaks it down and makes it invisible. Who knows.

It certainly is a good “dinner with in-laws” or shorter special event choice, no doubt. Or for a photo shoot for sure. But not daily wear for me unfortunately. (Basically it does exactly what it is designed to do- looks fabulous on a camera for a short period of time.)

on 3/25/2017 6:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I accidentally came across this when i was watching some other makeup channels on youtube, then starting to research about this and bought the KO palette. I am MAC NC20, MUFE HD N120 and KO1 match my skin tone the best (In fact its actually a mix between KO1 and KO2 but on its own KO1 matched better).
It is very pigmented as they claimed, i scrap the tiniest amount on the back on my hand (tiny as in less than my concealer) and it will cover my whole face.
If i want a little more coverage i will repeat until i get the desire outcome. What i like is that this is very very comfortable on, it does not feel like i have foundation. Yet at the time same, the coverage is like when i wear prolong wear (which is my go to foundation).
I must set this foundation with powder, and it last all day. Really like it but i still love my prolong wear and mufe.
Price is great and i think i will repurchase, palette is great to start for me because i didn't know how fair or dark i need (since there are no place to try this on) but honestly i don't see myself using the darker colors even for contouring (they just don't look right on me even using as contour). Overall thumbs up.

on 11/27/2016 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation clings to my dry patches and settles into fine lines. I have to add some white and green to match my skin tone on KO2 . What I find weird is that this foundation looks greasy but feels very dry.. To get full coverage you have to build it up. I agree with other reviews that the foundation fades throughout the day.
UPDATE 5/2017
So..I gave this foundation another try. I first moisturized my faced - I have super dry skin- then went in with the Too Faced Hangover Primer. As that was setting I put a small amount - not even a full drop- of the Inglot Duraline on the foundation and swirled it with a buffer brush. AND OMG THIS SUCKER LOOKS AMAZING!!!! LASTED ALL DAY AND LOOKED BEAUTIFUL.!!!!! I still had to set my face lightly cuz it has a dewy borderline greasy finish. As for the color, since I have been trying a new skin care routine I don't have a lot of discoloration and redness so it matches better. Glad I kept this Foundation

on 10/5/2016 7:48:00 AM

I have Dry/ Sensitive skin rarely get oily. except on my nose.
It cost over 100+ (SGD) for the sample size K.o Pallete.
I live in Singapore and its Summer ALL year round.
Hot & Humid and the occasional raining seasons.

I did my research before purchasing this product. i know it's a wax based and its mostly creme based. i know u have to lightly scrape it off and warm it up on your hand before applying it. i used a beauty blender/Brush/Fingers.

I am seriously done with this palette. It makes my skin extremely oily after 4hours of wear.
And it comes off when i touch my face. i was a greasy hot dog by the 5th hour. and on that day it wasn't even hot. it was raining all day and i was in an aircon room most of the time.
It exaggerate my pores like no other.

Will not recommend this at all.

on 9/19/2016 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

That's it...I give up. This one's going back. Before buying this foundation, I did my research. I understand that it is a highly pigmented foundation, that it is made with carnauba wax. I understand that the application is different than other foundations. But no matter how I apply it..whether fingers, brush, sponge (wet or dry)....it looks like crap! Settles into my pores almost immediately and by mid-morning it's gone. I've watched YouTube videos and nothing works. The best thing I can say is I got the shade KO-1 and it's perfect.

This a low down review for media foundations—you are reading this if you are researching Cinema Secrets or RCMA foundations (my favorites), which are mainly used by pro MA’s for television, movie and still photography work. But they are becoming more and more popular for those of us wanting superlative natural makeup in day to day life on the streets. Both are versatile as they can function both as opaque concealer or heavy foundation, but also as a more sheer foundation, all from one product. They may turn some consumers off, as they come in very plain pancake screw top packaging—no fancy frosted glass jars, and they aren’t available at your favorite department store with gleaming counters and shimmery lights.

With these foundations you often hear--over and over again--that they apply like “a second skin”. And this is TRUE--being marketed for high definition cameras sets them apart from foundations formulated and marketed toward the consumer. CS and RCMA most often look completely natural on the skin and yet they provide a flawless glowing natural looking coverage. Part of what makes these foundations so natural, so undetectable and so glowing, is not only great unique formulations, but also the fact that they come in a vast array of human skin colored tones and undertones, making it much easier to get a very close match to your skin color. In fact matching colors with CS or RCMA can be dauntingly hard as online color swatches are miserable, and since so few brick and mortar stores sell these foundations for you to try on (except in the largest cities). Camera Ready Cosmetics in Dallas has a wonderful mail-in color matching service for media foundations, and I highly recommend their website. They help over the phone with superlative service too. Plus they’ll even sell you modest samples of these foundations making an excellent color match that much easier to make, not to mention that the samples are large enough that you can try these foundations for a week or more before deciding.

These foundations (particularly RCMA) have a learning curve, and they will take more time to apply in the morning than say slapping on Double Wear or Colorstay or Armani Silk. Media foundations meld into the skin wonderfully, disappearing as they cover redness and imperfections. With a good color match you cannot blend these foundations by spreading the color around on your face (as most of us do with traditional consumer foundations), because you won’t be able to SEE any color as it just melds and disappears into your skin. Instead you have to learn to blend and cover by how much more perfect your skin looks, and how well the redness or scaring or other imperfection, have vanished. While these foundations are heavily pigmented, they do not cover opaquely quickly in one pass—not like more “grease-paint” full coverage foundations such as MAC Full Coverage or Lauder's Double Wear Camouflage. For the few that need complete full coverage foundation you need to go back over and layer with a decent amount of product where needed (though you can just spackle it on for smaller concealer purposes). On the plus side, they also don’t look nearly as cakey with this much coverage like the more traditional and greasy textured full coverage foundations or concealers can quickly look.

These foundations absolutely have to be set with a powder, preferably a loose setting powder. So powder selection becomes more important. Many rave over RCMA’s low cost No-Color powder, I prefer MUFE HD powder, while others adore Laura Mercier. Just be aware that powder will be needed, but when a high quality powder is well applied, no-color or translucent powders only enhance the glowing finish of CS and RCMA foundations, and make them crease proof and all day lasting.

Cinema Secrets is my favorite with its silicone base. Their color selections are marvelous and broad, and the formulation is more creamy and easier to work with than RCMA. Cinema Secrets vanishes into the skin with lightening speed. It’s also a little easier and quicker to build up to full opaque coverage if that’s what you’re looking for, or if using as a concealer. Cinema Secrets is very long lasting (particularly over a silicone primer), as in often lasting for 12+ hours. Damp BeautyBlender or Sigma F80 work wonderfully with these foundations for me, though the damp Blender can soak up a fair amount of the creamier CS. I also strongly feel that the Cinema Secrets is much more hydrating and comfortable for drier skin types (though if you do set with the right amount of powder, it can start to feel dryer toward the end of the day).

RCMA is a tad more natural looking—truly a second skin. However the wax formulation has one of the most unique textures in the cosmetic world—it’s hard like butter from the fridge and can sometimes be downright chunky or cloddy. For more sheer coverage applications a damp sponge or brush pounced into the pot might work in a warm bathroom, but for most applications RCMA needs to be dug/scraped out of its pot and then warmed slightly and coaxed with warmth into a more creamy (and flat) texture; on the back of your hand or on a palette with your finger work best. More work than CS, but the finish is truly gorgeous, glowing and approaches truly invisible more than any other medium-full foundation I have experienced. HOWEVER, in my experience (with dry skin no less!) RCMA does not last well—it starts to fade after 3-4 hours (taking blush and contour and highlighter with it); only about 50-60% coverage remains after 6-8 hours, and mere wispy fragments are left at the 12 hour mark. For this reason alone, I pass on RCMA (and I have experimented with various primers). It’s very slight advantage in glowing invisible appearance is completely negated for me by its poor lasting power, and the extra coaxing it takes to get it to the right consistency in the morning. BUT, others claim long

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

First I should say these are not as cheap as Ben Nye or Mehron and the colors come off a little unnatural looking but don't snub them, they are super pigmented and so creamy and lovely and the coverage is amazing you can wear as thin ( with some RCMA thinner) or heavy as you like in broad day light it looks undetectable. I use shinto 2 and 3. they both need to be colored corrected I mix green and yellow into shinto 3 and just yellow into shinto 2. Its really a great investment you just need to learn how to use it and adjust them to your liking. this is truly a artist brand. I also have the RCMA color foundation adjustor platelet, but LA girl green and yellow correctors work just as well.

I use this palette for concealer in shades SH-1 and SH-2. I set with a sheer finishing powder and it lasts me all day, even with oily skin. This has medium to high coverage and is on the drier end of cream foundations/concealers when compared to the Bobbi Brown foundation sticks, which is good because it has a better staying power. I think this product is best for spot concealing because of its consistency and would not use it as a foundation even on my oily skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HAD TO ORDER THIS ONLINE ,NOT SOLD IN STORES.THIS FOUNDATION HAS TO BE PUT ON SPECIFIC WAYS,SO APPLICATION TAKES A WHILE.I GOT THIS IN THE 3 LIGHTEST COLORS,THE COLORS ARE GREAT,BUT ABOUT A HALF HOUR AFTER YOU PUT IT ON ,IT DISAPPEARS,IT DID NOT HAVE COVERAGE,I HAVE PORELESS SKIN AND IT LOOKED LIKE I HAD PORES EVERYWHERE.I HAVE DRY SKIN AND IT SHOWS UP WITH THIS FOUNDATION,GOES INTO CREASES,AND NEVER FULLY DRIES EVEN WITH POWDER.IT GAVE ME RED SPOTS ALL OVER MY FACE,AND NOTHING HAS EVER CAUSED THAT BEFORE.