Chanel Glossimer - Star

No Image

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The previous reviewer has done a great job describing the colour. I don't know 'Black Tie' so can't speak for the comparison but I do love this gloss ALOT. I wear it alone most of the time as its pigmented enough for me - its the perfect pink lavender colour with the perfect sparkles. Non-sticky and no perfumes/smell with the perfect colour = perfection!!! I bought a second tube because its limited edition in Toronto, Canada. :( I love Chanel glosses! EDIT: I cannot believe I actually finished one tube of this (I have never finished a glossimer in my life so I guess I was quite impressed with this colour). Too bad this was a LE.

on 1/8/2011 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was a long time user of the Glossimer in Black Tie, until it was discontinued. I have been searching for a long time for a dupe or something very, very similar. That's when the SA at Chanel recommended Star. She stated that is was nearly identical to Black Tie, and she was right!

It is a beautiful, shimmery pinky, lavender color. Not so glittery that it's over the top, but very pretty. It goes on very smooth and has a nice slip to it. I don't feel the sparkles on my lips at all. It stays on about as long as a gloss can be expected to, and it's not sticky at all.

Very happy that I've found a replacement for my beloved Black Tie and I will continue to purchase this one until Chanel discontinues it. A little pricey, but I like to treat myself to the luxury of Chanel every now and then! :)