Clinique Chubby Stick - Super Strawberry

Clinique Chubby Stick - Super Strawberry

4.1

ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, vegetable oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, beeswax, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), hydrogenated vegetable oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, tocopherol, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated olive oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, [ /- titanium dioxide (ci 77891), mica, yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), red 22 lake (ci 45380), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), red 6 (ci 15850), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), yellow 6 lake (ci 15985)]

on 6/17/2017 2:16:00 PM

I can see why this is one of Clinique's most popular products. This is a great, simple rosy color that brightens my face up without being obvious.

The color is a nice rose pink and fairly neutral. I could see this working for a range of skintones. It's the kind of color that doesn't stand out, but makes me look healthy and refreshed--I get compliments when I wear this. It's very sheer and not glossy--sort of like a balm with a hint of color rather than a lipstick or lip gloss.

I took off a lippie because it it's slightly drying. I'm ok with that, however, since the color is fantastic. The staying power is so-so (about an hour or so), but that's to be expected given that it's basically a tinted balm.

This is so close to being a HG product. If it had SPF in it or wasn't so drying, this would be a 5/5.

on 2/1/2017 2:21:00 PM

moustirizing is not enough for dry lips. its more like an lipstick. i actually like the color ita giving your lips a healthy looking. little bit redness. its a good "my lips but better" lipstick. i dont think its worth the price but you can buy the mini size or a set it would be really good

I like the convenience if this product . The shade is a golden plum pink but it's not dark and quite neutral . I like that it moisturizes a bit and gives my lips some colour and shine . No sharpening required . I might try another shade in the future but I will be purchasing one of these pencils for when I go on my trip.

on 11/23/2016 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think I have all the Clinique chubby sticks. Moisturizing lip tints in a chubby pencil with automatic twist up bottom. Sheer color that looks slightly glossy. Doesn't dry out my lips. Lasts just a few hours though and most shades just add a hint of color. Retails for $17. I like these better than Tarte as the glossy ones dry out my lips.

Super strawberry is a sheer light pink rosy shade. Great color with my nc30 light olive complexion. But it's just a hint of rose. If you are looking for a lot of color, skip this. Not heavy or tacky or sticky on the lips. These don't last long, just average lip color/balm wear. But still a great easy every day shade.

on 6/8/2016 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I received this as a gift with purchase, and I absolutely love it! It claims that it's moisturizing & it's 100 percent correct. (& I'm plagued with dry lips.) It gives my lips that natural looking bitten look. The other reviewer that said this should be called, "healthy" is spot on! Not a big fan of Clinique, but this is my favorite summer lippie. I'm in the shade Punjab by Nars, but I think this would look good on many different skintones.

This is my favorite chubby stick color. It's a natural pink that's flattering (I'm a NC20) and moisturizing enough to use as a lip balm too. It's great to use over lipsticks as a touch up colour or for a dash of moisture too.

on 12/20/2015 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: LOL, ,so one of the reps I see frequently who told me the "it's a great color line" confessed to me that it turns orange on her too after I told her what happened to me! She has similar coloring to me, but a touch lighter hair and paler skin. I wish she would have shared this with me before. But I guess she didn't want to skew my opinion.

ORIGINAL: I had at least three Clinique reps tell me this was their most popular color, would look great on me (cuz it looks great on everyone) & is a great no brainer color. I warned them that I pull out orange/brown or any warm tones if there is a hint of that in the shade. To which they all said, "no...there is no orange in here". I almost bought it without trying it after all these reassurances, but my gut said, no...try it on. The second it hit my lips this in the tube cherry looking shade, just went uber orange toned on me. Even the sales lady was astonished. I told her (again) this happens to me (I am a NW20, deep winter complexion, pigmented lips) and now she finally believed me. I think I had just rocked her whole make up world. Though I know there are others out there like me, so she just must not have been that experienced. She had originally pushed me away from Whoppin Watermelon because it would be too baby pink. But after the Strawberry fiasco, she agreed when I suggested trying WW. Once that hit my lips, she said, that is how the Strawberry shade looks on most people. The WW was still a bit "pink", but way softer and sat way better on my skin than the Strawberry shade that turned orange. So no matter what, try on the shade, check yourself in different lights...and trust your guts.

on 8/16/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This lip tint is a real winner and is that elusive "Universal Shade" everyone can wear. Just enough color for daily face brightening and casual looks. I am a fan of this product in general and have many other shades, but often come back for this one. It's often available in Clinique GWP's so you can try it that way. Reddish pink color.

on 8/16/2015 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I received 07 Super Strawberry in a gift of purchase. The whole idea with the packaging and names are just adorable; "Super Strawberry", "Chubby Stick" along with a whole bunch of other cute themes are very catchy! This is my first Chubby Stick and I really like the formula. It's smooth and creamy but not too creamy or oily. It stays on my lips both in formula and color and it moisturizes well. The color is truly strawberry! It's a medium red-pink that goes on sheer but the color can be built up. The color should be called "healthy" because it gives a nice rosy youthful hue to my pigmented lips against my dark tan skin. I personally dont like untinted balms for daily use, I think they are boring and Im a bit self conscious of my thin pigmented lips so this is perfect to use instead! I keep this on hand at all times. Great product and I would like try out other colors from this line.

on 6/14/2015 10:07:00 AM

There have been a lot of reviews for this product/color. I am a lipstick/gloss addict and this does not disappoint. I recently purchased 2 of the Burt's Bees sticks that are similar to the Chubby sticks. Those are not half as good as the Clinique's!

Here's what I really like: all products go on nicely, it's when they start to fade is where we have our complaints. I am in the banking business and you can't be reapplying lip color every hour - I put this on this morning and 3 hours have passed (I have eaten and drank tea) and I just looked in the mirror and it has faded slightly but it still looks finished. That's the difference between this product and other glosses, lipsticks, etc. When you can't be looking in the mirror every hour, you need to feel confident that you still look appropriate, not having patchy spots or a visible lip ring around your lips!

I spend a lot of money searching for the best - I really think this is a wonderful product and I am anxious to pick up additional colors.

This feels good, looks good and wears off perfectly!